A young 21 year old Hari Sauri prabhu in background. 1972 Sydney

yard.jpg

Sydney Temple grounds

airprt72.jpg

Sydney Airport 1972

walk72.jpg

flwrft6.jpg

The devotees including myself with Prabhupada

Why does Srila Prabhupada always appears ever-fresh, brilliant like the sun and amazingly effulgent???:pray:

The Importance of Avoiding Offenses

untitled.bmp

Without chanting offenselessly, one cannot properly advance in Krsna consciousness:

One should know for certain that without chanting the holy name of the Lord offenselessly, one cannot be a proper candidate for advancement in Krsna consciousness.

¯The Nectar of Instruction Text 5

If one commits offenses against the holy name, he will not achieve attachment for chanting:

[Lord Caitanya to Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya]:

"…My dear Lord, although You bestow such mercy upon the fallen conditioned souls by liberally teaching Your holy names, I am so unfortunate that I commit offenses while chanting the holy name, and therefore I do not achieve attachment for chanting."

¯Sri Caitanya−caritamrta Antya−lila 20.16

If one chants the holy name offensively, one does not achieve love for the Supreme Lord:

If one chants the exalted holy name of the Lord again and again and yet his love for the Supreme Lord does not develop and tears do not appear in his eyes, it is evident that because of his offenses in chanting, the seed of the holy name of Krsna does not sprout.

¯Sri Caitanya−caritamrta Adi−lila 8.29−3

If one chants with offenses, even many lifetimes of chanting will not bring him love of Godhead:

If one is infested with the ten offenses in the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha−mantra, despite his endeavor to chant the holy name for many births, he will not get the love of Godhead which is the ultimate goal of this chanting.

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati thakura says in this connection that unless one accepts Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, although one goes on chanting the Hare Krsna mantra for many, many years, there is no possibility of his attaining the platform of devotional service. One must follow strictly the instruction of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu given in the Siksastaka:

trnad api sunicena taror iva sahisnuna

amanina manadena kirtaniyah sada harih

[Cc. adi 17.31]

"One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and should be ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly." (Siksastaka 3)

One who follows this direction, being freed from the ten kinds of offenses, becomes successful in Krsna consciousness and ultimately reaches the platform of loving service to the Personality of Godhead.

¯Sri Caitanya−caritamrta Adi 8.16

"Please accept my blessings.

I thank you very much for your nice letter, and for your inquisitiveness. You are Krishna's part and parcel. As you love your hands and legs, as you feel when your hand is in trouble, similarly Krishna feels for you when you are in trouble. The hand has value when it is attached to the body. Similarly, we have values when we are Krishna Conscious.

The hand has no value detached from the whole body. Krishna is the Whole and we are His parts and parcel. Try to understand this philosophy of simultaneously one and different. The hand and body is created all at a time. It is not that the body is created first and then the hand is created. Our relation with Krishna is like the hand and the body. Therefore, Krishna and we both are eternal, and there is no history of eternity. It has no beginning and no end.

Krishna is blue because He is all attractive. The sky is blue because it reflects Krishna's blue color in the spiritual sky as much as the sunlight is reflected through skylight glasses.

I hope your questions are fully answered; if at any time you have got some questions, please write and send them to me.

Thanking you once more for your nice letter."

~ SP Letter to William Odell, Los Angeles, CA February 4, 1968

You are Krishna's part and parcel. As you love your hands and legs, as you feel when your hand is in trouble, similarly Krishna feels for you when you are in trouble.

The hand has value when it is attached to the body. Similarly, we have values when we are Krishna Conscious.

The hand has no value detached from the whole body. Krishna is the Whole and we are His parts and parcel.

Try to understand this philosophy of simultaneously one and different.

The hand and body is created all at a time. It is not that the body is created first and then the hand is created.

Our relation with Krishna is like the hand and the body.

Therefore, Krishna and we both are eternal, and there is no history of eternity. It has no beginning and no end.

Krishna is blue because He is all attractive.

The sky is blue because it reflects Krishna's blue color in the spiritual sky as much as the sunlight is reflected through skylight glasses.

I hope your questions are fully answered; if at any time you have got some questions, please write and send them to me.

Amazing letter

This wonderful Lithograph was hand colored 20 years before Srila Prabhupada's appearance in this world

sankirtana2.jpg

Hand-colored Lithograph, Calcutta, c. 1876

[ Click for large version ]

This letter was written 20 years before Prabhupada came to US:

1947: July 13

Cawnpore

Raja Mohendra Pratap

World Federation

Prem MohaVidyalaya

P.O. Brindaban.

Dear Raja Sahib,

In continuation of my last post card, I beg to inform you that I have finished the reading of your book Religion of Love. In my opinion the whole thesis is based on the philosophy of pantheism and the approach is made by the services of mankind. Religion of love is the true religious idea but if the approach is made through the service of mankind only, then the process is made imperfect, partial and unscientific.

As you say the waves of the creations are the different aspects, why a particular type of waves namely the mankind should be partially selected and offered services and why other types of waves such as the beasts or birds, the plants and the stone shall not be offered a similar type of services? In that case how can you say that the worship of a stone is sinful while a man who is more than a stone shall be considered as the object of love? These are some of the questions that arise out of a critical study of your book.

If you so desire I can enter into discussions about it and my opinion is that your approach is partial and unscientific. There is no hesitation to accept the principle of the Religion of Love because the Absolute Truth is, as we have known, Godhead Who is sat, cit and ananda. Without ananda there cannot be any love that is an accepted fact. Your delineation of society, friendship and love among the human beings is based on this ananda portion only but you have avoided the other portions of eternity and cognition of God the Whole Soul. Thus the approach is partial and unscientific.

The true religion of love is perfectly inculcated in the Bhagavad-gita. When we speak of love there must be the object of love and the lover too. Here in this world we find that the object of love and the lover both are the cheater and the cheated in their reciprocal dealings. That is our experience. But the ultimate end being one Whole Soul, the dual existence of the object of lover and the loved loses identity. In that case the eternity and cognizibility of the loved and lover vanish at once. In this way there arises many questions which may be put forward to you for further discussions to adjust your ideas of religion.

Besides you have not quoted any authority for all your statements. So it is more or less dogmatic. If different men put different dogmatic views about religion and its essentials who is to be accepted and who is not be? Therefore the approach shall be and must be authoritative, scientific and universal. Your delineations do not conform to all these necessary things. That is my main contention.

If you have time to discuss on it, I shall be glad to substantiate my contentions as far as possible. My basis of arguments will be Bhagavad-gita which is the most authoritative, scientific and universal. To summarise the conclusions of Bhagavad-gita it may be said that,

1) God is one and everything is in Him and He is in everything.

2) To render transcendental service unto God is to serve everything that be, just like to water the root of the tree is to water the different branches and numerous leaves of the tree or to supply food to the stomach is to vitalize all the senses and the sense organs of the body.

3) The parts are automatically served when the Whole is served but when the parts are served the whole may not be served or not served at all.

4) The parts and the Whole being eternally related, it is the eternal duty of the parts to render service unto the Whole.

5) A recipient of the services of the parts, God’s sat-cit-ananda vigraha i.e. the all-attractive Cognizant and all-blissful Personality eternal. He can reveal Himself by His own potency without any help of the external potency called maya in order to be cognizable by the limited potency of the parts and as such He is not only the greatest of all but he is the smallest of all. That is His prerogative.

6) He is better realized when He by His causeless mercy agrees to descend in this mortal world but he He is never realised by the partial speculations of the empiric philosophers however systematic and long-termed it may be.

7) Sri Krishna is the Personality of Godhead and is the Summum Bonum Cause of all Causes proved by fact and figures in the statement of Bhagavad-gita, but He reserves the right of not being exposed to the sensual speculations of the empiric philosophers.

8) One should therefore surrender unto Him if one wants to know Him as He is and that is the real process to approach the Infinite by the infinitesimals.

9) Sri Krishna is easily available by the religion of love i.e. by love and service as conceived by the damsels of Vraja who had practically no education whatsoever and much less any claim for high class birth right.

10) The highest service that can be rendered to the mankind is, therefore, to preach the philosophy and religion of Bhagavad-gita for all the times, all the places and all the people.

I hope you may agree with me and thus make a combined effort in this direction for the benefit of the mankind.

Yours sincerely,

Abhay Charan De

‘Nothing else! Nothing else! Nothing else!'

Sri Caitanya-caritamrita Adi-lila 17.21-33

harer nAma harer nAma

harer nAmaiva kevalam

kalau nAsty eva nAsty eva

nAsty eva gatir anyathA

hareH nAma--the holy name of the Lord; hareH nAma--the holy name of the Lord; hareH nAma--the holy name of the Lord; eva--certainly; kevalam--only; kalau--in the Age of Kali; na asti--there is none; eva--certainly; na asti--there is none; eva--certainly; na asti--there is none; eva--certainly; gatiH--destination; anyathA--otherwise.

"‘In this Age of Kali there is no other means, no other means, no other means for self-realization than chanting the holy name, chanting the holy name, chanting the holy name of Lord Hari.'

kali-kAle nAma-rUpe kRSNa-avatAra

nAma haite haya sarva-jagat-nistAra

kali-kAle--in this Age of Kali; nAma-rUpe--in the form of the holy name; kRSNa--Lord KRSNa; avatAra--incarnation; nAma--holy name; haite--from; haya--becomes; sarva--all; jagat--of the world; nistAra--deliverance.

"In this Age of Kali, the holy name of the Lord, the Hare KRSNa mahA-mantra, is the incarnation of Lord KRSNa. Simply by chanting the holy name, one associates with the Lord directly. Anyone who does this is certainly delivered.

dArDhya lAgi' ‘harer nAma'-ukti tina-vAra

jaDa loka bujhAite punaH ‘eva'-kAra

dArDhya lAgi'--in the matter of emphasizing; harer nAma--of the holy name of Lord Hari; ukti--there is utterance; tina-vAra--three times; jaDa loka--ordinary common people; bujhAite--just to make them understand; punaH--again; eva-kAra--the word eva, or "certainly."

"This verse repeats the word ‘eva' [‘certainly'] three times for emphasis, and it also three times repeats ‘harer nAma' [‘the holy name of the Lord'], just to make common people understand.

PURPORT

To emphasize something to an ordinary person, one may repeat it three times, just as one might say, "You must do this! You must do this! You must do this!" Thus the BRhan-nAradIya PurANa repeatedly emphasizes the chanting of the holy name so that people may take it seriously and thus free themselves from the clutches of mAyA. It is our practical experience in the KRSNa consciousness movement all over the world that many millions of people are factually coming to the spiritual stage of life simply by chanting the Hare KRSNa mahA-mantra regularly, according to the prescribed principles. Therefore our request to all our students is that they daily chant at least sixteen rounds of this harer nAma mahA-mantra [Adi 17.21] offenselessly, following the regulative principles. Thus their success will be assured without a doubt.

‘kevala'-zabde punarapi nizcaya-karaNa

jJAna-yoga-tapa-karma-Adi nivAraNa

‘kevala'-zabde--by the word kevala, or "only"; punarapi--again; nizcaya-karaNa--final decision; jJAna--cultivation of knowledge; yoga--practice of the mystic yoga system; tapa--austerity; karma--fruitive activities; Adi--and so on; nivAraNa--prohibition.

"The use of the word ‘kevala' [‘only'] prohibits all other processes, such as the cultivation of knowledge, practice of mystic yoga, or performance of austerities and fruitive activities.

PURPORT

Our KRSNa consciousness movement stresses the chanting of the Hare KRSNa mantra only, whereas those who do not know the secret of success for this Age of Kali unnecessarily indulge in the cultivation of knowledge, the practice of mystic yoga or the performance of fruitive activities or useless austerities. They are simply wasting their time and misleading their followers. When we point this out very plainly to an audience, members of opposing groups become angry at us. But according to the injunctions of the zAstras, we cannot make compromises with these so-called jJAnIs, yogIs, karmIs and tapasvIs. When they say they are as good as we are, we must say that only we are good and that they are not good. This is not our obstinacy; it is the injunction of the zAstras. We must not deviate from the injunctions of the zAstras. This is confirmed in the next verse of the Caitanya-caritAmRta.

<CENTER>
anyathA ye mAne, tAra nAhika nistAra

nAhi, nAhi, nAhi----e tina ‘eva'-kAra

</CENTER>

anyathA--otherwise; ye--anyone who; mAne--accepts; tAra--of him; nAhika--there is no; nistAra--deliverance; nAhi nAhi nAhi--there is nothing else, nothing else, nothing else; e--in this; tina--three; eva-kAra--bearing the meaning of emphasis.

"This verse clearly states that anyone who accepts any other path cannot be delivered. This is the reason for the triple repetition
‘nothing else, nothing else, nothing else,'
which emphasizes the real process of self-realization.

The above is the fact of life that EVERYONE on this forum needs to somehow comprehend.
And elevate themselves off the mental plateform, that makes them believe they are the vessels or body, they are trapped in, which is rented and obtained off Maha-Vishnu.
The material body is just another part of Maha-Vishnu's material creation.
It belongs to him, not us.

Some yogis even believe these vessels
, both subtle ethereal and gross biological, are continiously created in every new manifestation of the mahat-tattva within another time and place and occupied by a different baddha-jiva.

H
owever,
in our primitive level of spirituality, that is too much of a shock and too bizarre for our false ego to even contemplate.
Why?
Because we think WE alone are this material body throughout all time and space, we are convienceed that
'I am this material body'

If we continue thinking like that,
we are all in for a servere shock at the time of death when we are 'kicked out ' of these taxi like bodies
by the owner of the taxi,
Kshirodakasayi Vishnu or Paramatma
.(
)
Our material body or vessel is like a taxi, if you know what I mean, and in the end we MUST pay the fare and vacate it.

So the most important point to understand at our immature level of spirituality is -
We are not the material body (false ego)

Get out of the maha-tattva,
Get back to where you belong

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by
krsna
=
Srila Prabhupada -"
You are
Krishna
's part and parcel. As you love your hands and legs, as you feel when your hand is in trouble, similarly
Krishna
feels for you when you are in trouble
The hand has value when it is attached to the body. Similarly, we have values when we are
Krishna
Conscious.
The hand has no value detached from the whole body.
Krishna
is the Whole and we are His parts and parcel.
Try to understand this philosophy of simultaneously one and different.
The hand and body is created all at a time. It is not that the body is created first and then the hand is created.
Our relation with
Krishna
is like the hand and the body.
Therefore,
Krishna
and we both are eternal, and there is no history of eternity. It has no beginning and no end.

Krishna
is
bl
ue
because He is all attractive.
The sky is
blue
because it reflects
Krishna
's
blue
color in the
as much as the sunlight is reflected through skylight glasses.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Get out of the maha-tattva,
Get back to where you belong
:smash:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Beatles - Get Back Lyrics

Get back, get back.

Get back to where you once belonged (KRSNA)

Get back, get back.

Get back to where you once belonged. (KRSNA)

Get back Jojo. Go home

Get back, get back.

Back to where you once belonged (KRSNA)

Get back, get back.

Back to where you once belonged. (KRSNA)

Get back Jo.:rolleyes: