Mental illness

Rate this topic

OM GURUBHYO NAMAH

namaste

dear shri.medan

the importance of vargas play an important role in delineation of

charts. otherwise it would appear that thousands of people born

with the same lagna are one and the same. it is easy to see

even a slight difference in birth time in twins change their fate.

sage Parasara has said " dasamse mahatbalam ". after all, we have

imported jyothish knowledge from him yet we justify our limited

understanding and confine to rasi alone.

ak or for that matter if afflicted in vargas show suffering in those

areas. while navamsa shows the dharmic content. it also shows

" prarabdha karma " - the karma that one has to experience in this

life.

in case B pl observe rahu is placed in randhra bhava along with mars

who is fifth and ninth lorld in rasi. normally people would say mars

is a yoga karaka for kataka lagna. but how is it in navamsa in this

case?

simlarly placement of planets in lagna , sixth and eigth in trimsamsa

are bad. here ofcourse we should agree unless the so called birth

time is accurate, all our analysis will be considered as only postmortem.

ninth lord's placement in other vargas especially in d9, d30, d60 show

how one's bhagya is protected or severed.

add to this the shastiamsas.

pl note case 'a' had atleast some less troubled periods.

now compare both the chart in the lines given above.

i am not explaining fully just to make you work. pl dont mistake me.

the more we apply our mind, the more goes into our mind.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

Sri Medan,

Since B chart is more troubled than A chart as decided by the expert astrologer and in his opinion other astrologers have limited understanding of astrology and feels he alone can decide, there is no purpose for open discussion on these cases and don't ask other's opinion.He is the only one best astrologer to reply such cases in this forum.

with best wishes,

USR

Dear Shri USR,

We can keep this forum open - it is up to us. I don't believe that any one person can know everything and I think there is always room for exploration as well as other people's views. I am interested in pursuing knowledge or the truth and whatever seems relevant is welcome and we must keep it that way. So please continue to write, as I am interested in knowing what you have to say.

Regards,

Medan

Namaste Guruji s,

Don't take this in a wrong way... I am following this thread from day one even though I don't know the basics of the Astrology ..

I request you,please continue the discussion and throw the light on the areas/information which people like me don't know.

I found this forum has a neat representaion not like other forums where astrologers throw MUD on each other( ...sorry for writing this).

My brother left home and he was under with depression..

Please Sir , please share your openions , am looking for your analysis every day. sorry once again.

Thanks,

--Ram

om gurubhyo namah

namaste

dear shri.medan

a correction in the previous posting ... i retype the corrected para alone..

ak or for that matter if afflicted in vargas show suffering in those

areas. while navamsa shows the dharmic content. it also shows

" prarabdha karma " - the karma that one has to experience in this

life.

corrected one:-

ak or for that matter any other planet if afflicted in vargas show

suffering in those areas. while navamsa shows the dharmic content.

it also shows " prarabdha karma " - the karma that one has

to experience in this life.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

Dear Shri Sasisekaran,

Going along the lines you have described, it is still difficult to balance out the negative and positive factors of Cases A and B. Yes, Case B is worse as in D-9, AK is in randhra and so is 5th & 10th lord Mars. But then in Case B, AK & Mars are not much better either, both being in 6th house in badhak's sign. Lagna lord is worse in Case A (being in badhak's vargas many times).

As for 9th lord, it is better off in case A - unafflicted in 7th house in D-9; unafflicted in 12th house in D-30; in 7th house but afflicted by badhak and Saturn in D-60. Also, it is swavarga 6 out of 16 times, which is not so in Case B, and is involved in Adhi yoga. In case B, 9th lord is much worse off - in 6th house in D-9; in lagna in D-30; in 2nd house with Rahu in D-60.

If we consider 5th lord, Mars, it is much worse in Case A. It is in 12th in rasi, 6th in D-9, 4th (together with Saturn, Sun, Rahu and Ketu) in D-30, and 8th (in badhak's sign) in D-60.

How do we balance out which factors are more important? How much comparative weightage do we give to the Moon (karaka for mind and lagna lord), AK, 9th lord and 5th lord, respectively?

Regards,

Medan

om gurubhyo namah

namaste

dear shri.medan

nice thinking. thinking leads us to many questions and in the process

we learn and move closer to the truth. Truth alone comforts us.

the very name atma karaka imparts lot of meaning. the soul from

its previous birth enters a sareera . the soul as shown by the ak

has this janma to undergo the karma of the past. so dont you

think that ak stands out ?

the suffering is either mental or physical. mental suffering would

also lead to physical but only if the will power is low.

mental suffering is more than the physical since it would prevent

one from involving into physical acts needed for growth of the sareera

and status.

so if we proceed in that order , case B stands out.

you are free to comment my approach.

let us learn together.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekarn

Dear Shrisasisekaran,

Yes, I agree that the AK should be given the maximum importance. However, that is so for all horoscopes, so I think one has to take into account other specifics, like mind (5th lord, Moon), wisdom (9th lord, Jupiter), intelligence/rationality (Mercury), and strength/resilience when considering a mental illness. You have commented on will power, which I think is essential for recovery. For this, we will have to check the dispositions of 3rd lord Mercury and Mars (karaka for will) in both horoscopes.

Can you please throw some light on two things?

1. How de we see what is the particular destiny indicated by the AK (taking case A, for example) - how do we say what is the karma the person has to achieve?

2. How is the area of 'cure' examined? That would be very important.

Regards,

Medan

Dear Shri USR,

Still waiting to hear from you. This is a democratic forum and I would like to have a discussion not only with Shri Sasisekaran, but also with you and anybody else who would like to join in. Deepa-ji, have you been following this thread? What are your views?

Babu 786, is it possible for you to send the details of your brother and the period during which he was depressed?

Regards,

Medan

Dear Shri Srisasisekaran,

I asked earlier about cure. If I am not wrong, I remember that 4th house in D-30 indicates cure. Also, 12th house. Case A looks drastically bad if we consider the 4th house of the trimsamsa. It seems that whatever improvement there has been will be lost once Saturn dasa comes in 2014. In D-60, Saturn is debilitated. Could you please give your views?

Regards,

Medan

OM GURUBHYO NAMAH

namaste

dear shri.medan

as we dwell more into the subject, our thinking expands and more

questions come into our mind. it is not easy to answer them all.

unless i have a complete understanding myself , i may not be able

to throw light on the subject.

both of your questions have deep meaning.

your question 1.

1. How de we see what is the particular destiny indicated by the AK (taking case A, for example) - how do we say what is the karma the person has to achieve?

destiny and achievement are two differents things. destiny is shown

by the placement of 'ak' in respective vargas. for example one may get

married but not children. hence ak's placement will be good in navamsa

(meant for reading life with dharma patni and partners ) and bad in

saptamsa.

for achievement , blessings and the bhagya are important. when both are

present the 'dhi' in a person works in tandem with the 'will' and achieves

goals !

to receive the blessings, one must pray god. what do we do when we come

across an elderly person ? we prostrate and seek their blessings.

this is linked to the 'cure' part that you have raised in the second question.

that is why i suggested that we should know the bhagya content.

the obivious question that would naturally follow this would be the

" approximate time " part. recovery is possible during the period

of the 12th lord or planet placed in trimsamsa.

coming back to the case A and case B, already they have spent most

part of their life in severe struggle. hence i feel they have to approach

the ishta devata and kula devata. but for non hindus , the issue becomes

tricky since the identification of specific deity is not possible.

i once again emphasize that without exact birth time and the " that portion of birth yet to be universally accepted as time of birth " and last but not

the least as to which part of the birth was noted as birth time , anchoring

on lagnas in higher vargas needs higher understanding of the subject.

12th and 4th ( you pointed this ) in d30 , show relief.

these my understandings. your views will educate me further.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

Dear Shri Sasisekaran and Shri USR,

I have known and heard about these combinations, and also found them i my chart, and recently I realized I'm under their influence.

I've Rahu and Moon combination in Taurus which is 9th house and Moon is exalted.

My details : DOB - 15th October 1984; Time : 04:08AM; Place : Rourkela.

Now I'm under Rahu and Moon dasha, and also with the combination present, is this the period where one should become mentally ill? I find myself confused, but not that ill. Is it like the effect of combination has not yet started or being in 9th house and with exalted moon, things are not that bad.

Hope you can throw some light, and also clarify.

Thanks

Ayush

Medan Ji,

Thank you so much for showing interest to analyse my brother's horoscope.

DOB : 05-03-1977 8.30 AM

place : vijayawada (A.P)

First time he was under depression from 1999 to 2001 , after medication he became alright.From that time onwards he is taking one tablet per day as per doctors advice ,but he is perfectly alright with out medicines also . Last year , one of my family memeber got into problems and this caused my brother once again into depression in june 2007 and left the home on Sept 21 2007.

Waiting for your analysis...

--Ram

Dear Shri Sasisekaran,

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge, as it has been of great help to me. There is a lot to learn and I need time to absorb and apply the information to many horoscopes to be able to gain a better understanding.

According to what you say, it is true that AK is badly afflicted both in Case A and B. 9th lord's disposition in rasi and navamsa seems to be making the slight difference between the two cases (bhagya is worse in Case B).

In Case A, when Saturn dasa comes, what will be the effect of Saturn being 12th lord in D-30? I should think that going by D-30, Saturn dasa will have two effects - primarily, there will be a very bad effect, as it is conjoined with all the malefics in the 4th house, thus also afflicting the house of cure. Second, it will manifest the effects of its own houses (in D-30) - 11th and 12th - and since 9th lord Jupiter is in the 12th, there might be some little relief. Are these conclusions right?

Leaving aside D-30, Saturn is with 9th lord in rasi and perhaps this will help. Do you agree? (In D-60, too, Saturn is with Jupiter, but it is debilitated.) What I cannot guess at all is how Saturn's exaltation in D-9 will work.

Regards,

Medan

Dear Ram,

I think Shri Sasisekaran, Shri USR and Deepa-ji are much better qualified to see your brother's horoscope, so you should definitely ask them. However, I will try to help in my own way. Just give me a little time.

Regards,

Medan

om gurubhyo namah

namaste

dear shri.ayush,

rahu is placed in marana karaka sthana in the ninth house.

this shows your attitude towards pitris/elders/gurus. rahu's

tendency is to cross the boundaries. if it is placed badly and

afflicted it takes a person totally away from dharma. otherwise

if beneficially disposed it makes the person cross seas to earn

a living.

rahu is against guru and gets neecha in dhanus. ketu , gyna karaka

gets exalted in the ninth house (consider kaalapurusha's ) of guru.

you were born in the thiti of guru. the lesson you should take

from both of these is that you should never neglect pitiris/elders/guru.

if you do so, you will be punished. please consider this seriously.

in addition to this, rahu is placed in lagna in navamsa showing

your natural ability to cross boundaries. hence it becomes all the

more important to respect your elders etc..

since rahu/moon period is running do paatha pooja to elders. in this

period of exalted period of moon, you can worship paaduka and everyday

at the end of the pooja , keep the paaduka on your head and pray

krishna. ( Lord Krishna has exalted moon ).

otherwise no need to draw parallel to other charts we are discussing.

Please note scientist Einstein had moon with rahu. was he mentally ill ?

no. but he crossed boundary and helped americans build atom bomb

and kill lakhs of lifes...his mental ability ?

may mother bless all

regards

sasiskeran

Dear Shri Sasisekaran,

Could you please answer my questions about Saturn in Case A my last post to you? Especially if Saturn being 12th lord in D-30 will provide any relief, even though it is afflicted by all malefics? (Please refer to my last mail to you.) I am waiting to hear from you.

Regards,

Medan

The three elements that govern the mind are the Moon, the IV house from the ascendant and the IV house from the Moon. The three elements that govern illness are Saturn, the VI house from the ascendant and the VI house from Saturn. Therefore if (i) Saturn and the Moon are related in a chart, (ii) the IV house from the ascendant is related to the VI house form the ascendant, and (iii) the IV house from the Moon is related to the VI house from Saturn, the individual would suffer from mental illness. Even if one of the three relationships does not exist the illness would not appear. We have to take a broader definition of relationships. This is given amongst my articles on mathur-ammas-com. Please read a dot (.) in place of a dash (-) since this site does not accept URLs from everybody.

Respected Dinesh Sir,

Great to have your valuable comments here. I have been ardently reading since very long the way you reply posts at Vaughn Paul Manley's forum.

Has moon's placement no bearing upon the illness? If you look at a particular case (A), if i am not mistaken, you get exalted moon or in another case even exalted lagna lord.

Juvenile diseases apart, beyond certain years, I take it that the manifestation of a continued period of suffering cannot be contributed to either the lagna kundli or dasha alone. Effects must be evident from navamsa. I know of 2 cases in my own family where there are 4 exalted well placed planets yet a waxing moon with aspects from multiple planets gives the native a mental disorder which is beyond my aptitude to describe in any medical terms.

In another case, the native (suicide runs in the family) though a musician par excellence was bedridden for 6 months owing to endless pains - only to be diagnosed in the end as psychosomatic disorder. This person's IQ matches a genius'.

I cringe from microscopic scrutiny of varga, etc as purpose is not to open kundli of an infant and pronounce insanity. The remedial aspect - and most importantly - whether such exceptional cases (where even navamsa charts hold planets in exaltation) - should be touched???

I dont know if i make sense - but there must be celestial reasons for such cases to live a life such a way. On a particular day when this post was mentally disturbing me, I was in reverie trying to recall Shirdi Baba (my whole and soul) when suddenly such a thought dawned upon me.

Remedial aspects could be used for mental illness that disturbs the native (as opposed to a vegetable existence or illusionary living where the relatives suffer more)

The best mantra as per my limited study - jyotirlingam mantras - to propitiate saturn/moon as per their raasi, as invocation to Lord SHiva becomes essential.

With profound regards,

Deepa

Dear Ram,

I will try to say the little that I can make out of your brother's horoscope.The position of Saturn in the 5th is not at all good, which is so both in rasi and D-30. Moon (who is karaka for mind and 5th lord) in 6th house is also not good. The current dasa is Moon-Saturn.

AK Venus is strong in that it is exalted in rasi & navamsa. This is good in itself. But in both it is 8th lord exalted, placed in lagna, which indicates misfortune & suffering.

The first depression coincided with Sun's main period. Sun is in marana sthana and can cause great suffering. It was Jupiter sub-period and Jupiter is also in marana sthana, besides being debilitated and with badhak in D-9. The problem got aggravated again under Jupiter's sub-period under Moon.

9th lord Mars seems to be good for him (please confirm). Things should improve considerably from 2013, when Mars dasa starts.

The present transit is not favourable - Ketu is transiting natal Saturn and Rahu is transiting natal Mars. He is in the thick of sade saati. Transit Saturn is also aspecting natal Sun, which is always a difficult period. But the situation will not remain quite so bad forever, though he may become chronically ill off and on. Do not lose hope because with the help of medicines and the right kind of support, he should be able to pick up the threads of his life even if he is on medication.

I have written on the aspect of his health. As to if and when he'll come back, I'm not qualified enough to say.

Good luck,

Medan

The elements for the mind and disease are the basic building blocks on which we have to proceed. When a karaka is healthy, the affliction would be small or less intense, when it is very badly afflicted, the ailment would be severe. Further, when Jupiter is related to the two IX houses, i.e., the IX houses from the ascendant and from itself, and it is related to a karaka or a relevant house relating to disease or mind, the severity of the disease would be drastically reduced or it may not appear at all.

In my experience everything that happens to an individual is shown by his birth chart. Nothing happens to him that the birth chart does not show. The divisional charts amplify what the birth chart contains. Since the time of birth is many a time not very accurate, the divisional charts become unreliable. I therefore do not use them.

For any trouble arising due to the Moon, Saturn or Rahu, Lord Shiva, Mother Durga and Lord Sai Baba of Shirdi are the best help.

OM GURUBHYO NAMAH

namaste

dear shri.medan

yes , saturn , even though a malefic being placed in vishnu sthana

brings in recovery. since the planet is saturn , the recovery is

slow. the nativity may worship lord Ganesha if hindu, otherwise

request him to pray the lord during saturn hora every day. you

may have to prepare a table and give it to the nativity.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

OM GURUBHYO NAMAH

namaste

dear shri.ram and shri.medan

the same chart was given by babu786 in an earlier thread

under heading " will he come back " , the time birth

was given as 06.30am. please confirm time of birth.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

Dear Ram and Shri Sasisekaran,

I'm surprised that Ram has not clarified the issue. I had not seen his earlier mail, so I used the time given in the second mail.

I went through the trimsamsas of some charts to try to improve my reading of them. Shri Sasisekaran, your advice about focusing on AK and 9th lord's disposition is valuable because it is very confusing to go into all the planets. For example, it is said that planets in the D-30 lagna indicate the ills acquired in this life, those in 8th indicate ills inherited from past and those in 10th indicate mental ills. Supposing a person with Pisces lagna in rasi has Virgo ascendant in the D-30, with Moon and Mars in it. Will we judge the nature/cause of the illness by the karakatwas of Moon and Mars, or their lordships in rasi, or their lordships in D-30? If one considers all of them, it is confusing and too many aspects come into play.

Regards,

Medan