IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Triniboy108

Help!

Rate this topic

Hey everyone! I'm new here so bear with me ;)

Well here is how it is: I've been drawn to the Divine Mother for some time now, i've always been interested in Shakti worship. But a lot of my family is against this. They are scared that praying to Kali Mai will bring bad into the family. My mother grew up right next door to a Kali Mandir in Trinidad, and so this has shaped both my grandmother and her perception of the worship, they are not comfortable with it, and so is my other grandmother, so they all keep telling me to not worship Kali Mai, but i'm so confused and I don't know what to do. The closest Kali Mandir is about 1 1/2- 2 hours away, and I don't even have my license or car yet (yea i'm kind of young still) I need some advice from everyone! I don't know what to do. I have to pray to Maa secretly because I don't want them to get upset with me, as they do sometimes.

the sleeper awakes :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:;):eek4::eek:

hello triniboy

first of all welcome to the forum

first things first you need to know something about human beings,

human beings fear what they dont understand and because of that lack of knowledge that poeple say and do things.

because your parents do not know about the devine mother they fear her well maybe because of how she looks and probably because they heard poeple say all kinds of things about mother kali which are mostly wrong and honestly kind of foolish.

maa kali is know as the worrior with the heart of a mother she is love incarnate to her devotees but to her enemies like demons she is fierce

if you listen to the story about how maa kali came to be you would understand more about her an therefore get more close to her.

it is said that every mother a true mother that is has three forms

one as parvati were she is takes care of her childs needs

two durga were she protects her children

and three wen someone attacks her child you would notice that a mother would get extra strenght and defend her child even to her last breath she would not stop that is kali maa that is the devine shakti this is her love

understand this her love has no limit.

i would like to tell you a little story about my life it is very true.

when i wanted to become a pundit no one in my family that i live close to and grew up with wanted to talk to me they told me that if i became a pundit they would stop talking to me they use to live very close to me they were of another faith so i was very depressed and didnt know wat to do my heart desired to become a pundit ,but too sacrifice the family i had grew up wit they didnt treat me the best but they were I THOUGHT all that i had,

but one day i was cleaning out my bookcase and the gita fell and open and i started reading the story and i realized somthing that arjuna was fighting his family he were fighting the same family he grew up wit and he to was discourage but triniboy sometimes in the battlefield call life if you standing up for rightousness you might have to stand physically alone but just like arjuna he had god (krishna) on his side.

all that am saying is that doing the right thing does be hard somtime but you got to trust in kali maa.

right now i am very very happy i have poeple supporting me that have done things for me my family never did they help me i grew up not knowing wat love is but i found it in both kali as my mother and kala bhairo as my father they take care of me i fell so special that god himself is with me :crying2: i love them very much my family dont talk to me anymore but honestly the emptyness i use to feel inside i dont feel it anymore i still have problems but i just put it in there hands and honestly it doesnt worry me i have a beautifull girlfrend who loves me very much.everything is very kool:)

i hope it helped but in the end its your choice ok:)

Jai Mataji

I had very simular problems...infact i still do, i have always worshiped Mataji from a very small age. Eaarliest memory i have was a divine vision from mataji at the age of 6. Since then i have been a devotee. I am now 20, my family is a sikh and hindu mix from punjab and very large. I feel that people generally are afraid of things they dont understand. For instance, Kali looks like a fierce scary, blood thirsty woman. This gives people who are unaware a view that kali worship is Satanic. Down my road of bhakti i expierenced maa on a diffrent level. i began to enter trances and expierenced all sorts. My family are okay with it now because i have made people understand, reading scriptures and watching films etc helped. When people enquired about kali i told them why her apperance is like that and i also explained that infact she is the first ever form God took! as stated in many purans.

What im trying to say is, if you want your family to understand this u need to educate them. Learn your stuff about Kali, read books like the Devi Bhagwad, Markandey Puran, Durga Saptashti. They will help you to explain the true, graceful and amazing nature of the orginal source...Maha Kali.

One thing is for sure tho...if you want to follow the paath of bhakti to Mataji you will be tested by her...its almost like walking on hot coal....negitivity will try and pull you away but at the end of the tunnel maa will b there to hold your hand...keep true in your bhakti and surrender youself to her and everything will fall into place.

Good luck and if you want to speak with me drop me a msg

Jai Mataji

Jai Maha Kali

Aai Shree Khodiyaar

Don't worry, friend. Your devotion to Kali will make it's own path to Her. I'm sorry it's hard right now, but Mira Bai's family also persecuted Her in Her choice of Krishna, and it only made Her love stronger. Just be patient... all will turn out as Kali Ma wishes it to be ;)

hello triniboy

human beings fear what they dont understand and because of that lack of knowledge that poeple say and do things.

because your parents do not know about the devine mother they fear her well maybe because of how she looks and probably because they heard poeple say all kinds of things about mother kali which are mostly wrong and honestly kind of foolish.

maa kali is know as the worrior with the heart of a mother she is love incarnate to her devotees but to her enemies like demons she is fierce

if you listen to the story about how maa kali came to be you would understand more about her an therefore get more close to her.

and three wen someone attacks her child you would notice that a mother would get extra strenght and defend her child even to her last breath she would not stop that is kali maa that is the devine shakti this is her love

when i wanted to become a pundit no one in my family that i live close to and grew up with wanted to talk to me they told me that if i became a pundit they would stop talking to me they use to live very close to me they were of another faith so i was very depressed and didnt know wat to do my heart desired to become a pundit ,but too sacrifice the family i had grew up wit they didnt treat me the best but they were I THOUGHT all that i had,

but one day i was cleaning out my bookcase and the gita fell and open and i started reading the story and i realized somthing that arjuna was fighting his family he were fighting the same family he grew up wit and he to was discourage but triniboy sometimes in the battlefield call life if you standing up for rightousness you might have to stand physically alone but just like arjuna he had god (krishna) on his side.

all that am saying is that doing the right thing does be hard somtime but you got to trust in kali maa.

right now i am very very happy i have poeple supporting me that have done things for me my family never did they help me i grew up not knowing wat love is but i found it in both kali as my mother and kala bhairo as my father they take care of me i fell so special that god himself is with me :crying2: i love them very much my family dont talk to me anymore but honestly the emptyness i use to feel inside i dont feel it anymore i still have problems but i just put it in there hands and honestly it doesnt worry me i have a beautifull girlfrend who loves me very much.everything is very kool:)

thanks for you own personal input , and i'm very glad that you ended up happy in where you are in life, :)

i think that my parents, and most of my family, are just scared of the different form of shakti worship(trance possessions and healings) that goes on in Kali Mandirs, and so this has made them not like this sort of stuff, but if they knew the true meaning of the worship, and the love of the Divine Mother, than surely they would come around.

thanks for your help!

Jai Mataji

I had very simular problems...infact i still do, i have always worshiped Mataji from a very small age. Eaarliest memory i have was a divine vision from mataji at the age of 6. Since then i have been a devotee. I am now 20, my family is a sikh and hindu mix from punjab and very large. I feel that people generally are afraid of things they dont understand. For instance, Kali looks like a fierce scary, blood thirsty woman. This gives people who are unaware a view that kali worship is Satanic. Down my road of bhakti i expierenced maa on a diffrent level. i began to enter trances and expierenced all sorts. My family are okay with it now because i have made people understand, reading scriptures and watching films etc helped. When people enquired about kali i told them why her apperance is like that and i also explained that infact she is the first ever form God took! as stated in many purans.

What im trying to say is, if you want your family to understand this u need to educate them. Learn your stuff about Kali, read books like the Devi Bhagwad, Markandey Puran, Durga Saptashti. They will help you to explain the true, graceful and amazing nature of the orginal source...Maha Kali.

One thing is for sure tho...if you want to follow the paath of bhakti to Mataji you will be tested by her...its almost like walking on hot coal....negitivity will try and pull you away but at the end of the tunnel maa will b there to hold your hand...keep true in your bhakti and surrender youself to her and everything will fall into place.

Good luck and if you want to speak with me drop me a msg

Jai Mataji

Jai Maha Kali

Aai Shree Khodiyaar

pretty much what i told bhairo, my family is scared of the shakti worship, and the effects that it can have on some people, and so their ignorance is hindering them from actually understanding the worship and love of Kali Mai

thanks for your help!;)

Don't worry, friend. Your devotion to Kali will make it's own path to Her. I'm sorry it's hard right now, but Mira Bai's family also persecuted Her in Her choice of Krishna, and it only made Her love stronger. Just be patient... all will turn out as Kali Ma wishes it to be ;)

haha this is absolutely true, i didn't remember that Mirabai also had a hard time in the beginning. thanks for your help! :)

you are lucky bahiro sir,

atleast you have your god father, mother and your love , wht elase can one wanst,

mujhe toh meer maa ne , mere bhagwaan ne aur mere pyaar ne hee akele chod diye , mein kiske saahare jeeyun??????????

hello triniboy

i am also in a similar situation. My husband says that our life has gotten worst since we started worshipping Kali ma and now im in a situation where i am stopped from going temple. I have cried and cried on Sunday mornings ..............its not the same at the altar at home..........its just not the same! But i pray and do my havan and i get dreams..............ma has not forsaken me............she understands and she always will.

Nothing lasts forever except the Love from our divine mother!