IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Beggar

Sri Brahma-samhita Prologue

Rate this topic

<table class="body" align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0" width="615"> <tbody><tr> <td>

All glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>

Sri Brahma-samhita

white.gif

Prologue

white.gif

written by Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj

and referred to by His Divine Grace in his informal darshan

in our Dum Dum Park Temple, Kolkata, 28 April 2008

white.gif

(This darshan is available as video and audio)

<hr>

bsamhita-cover.jpg

Picture-01.gif

Picture-02.gif

Picture-03.gif

Picture-04.gif

Picture-05.gif

Picture-06.gif

Picture-07.gif

Picture-08.gif

Picture-09.gif

Picture-10.gif

Picture-11.gif

<hr> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>icon_tilak_trnsprnt.gifSri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip

http://scsmath.com | Main Centres | What's New?</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <hr> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

That's amazing! I wish I had such a memory! It took me forever just to memorize the first few stanzas of the Lakshmi Aarti!

The Brain is an amazing organ, If you learn to use the "filing mechanisim" or memory properly;). If you learn to sing the Brhma Simhita then slowly slowly with singing you will be amazed how well the brain can memorize and you will never forget the words because if you know the rhythem you sang the words to then the words will flow automatically. The rhythem works like a filing system or trigger mechanisim.

Just give it a try. Perserveer and you will be amazed at the brains capacity to store.;)

I am sure since Indrulekha mataji comes from a gifted singing kavi (poetic) family she should be able to recite not only 40 verses but the whole Bhagvatam If she wants. On top of that she is most gifted with a brain that has been well practised to serve the Lord.

Unlike the rest of us with a limited brain function due to minimum usage:P

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada

Jaya Jaya!....cool...

Its a little paper-back

Its a good one though. A nectar book Radhey....must pick it up myself. Actually I am going to pick it up now:P.

Srila Narayana Maharaja's version is more complex in structure.

from the introduction...

Sri Sri Brahma-samhita prakasini

by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura.

Lord Brahma meticulously collected (compiled) the Gem, Sri Brahma Samhita, which is a vast mine of Perfect Conclusions or siddhanta; thus did Brahma sing the un-ending glories of Sri Krsna.....The Sanskrit commentary of this work flowed from the pen of Sri Jiva Goswami....His commentary was evolved through deep study of the monumental archives of the established Vedic Scriptures. In his benevolence, the venerable Sri Jiva gave this gift to the Gaudiya Vaisnavas.

....Once my Divine Master, Sri Bipin Bihari Prabhu, instructed me to write, expanding on that commentary of Sri Jiva Goswami Prabhu. So it is with a joyful heart that this humble servitor has presented a few words herein...If the devotees reflect on these writings with pure theistic intellect of distinguishing mundanity from transcendence, the heart's desire of this servitor will be fulfilled, because Pure Devotion will be preached in the world...

Verse One Translation:

The Supreme Lord, the Embodiment of Truth, Consciousness and Joy, is Govinda Krsna. He is beginningless, the Origin of all that be, and the cause of all causes.

Purport: ...