IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Burma Cyclone! China Earthquake! : Srila Prabhupada on National Disasters

Rate this topic

Srila Prabhupada on National Disasters

'We are always in the ugly reality,' Prabhupada said, '-- twenty-four hours a day. Suppose there is no blackout? Still, if you go in the street, there is no guarantee that you will get home. In this way, you are always in the ugly reality. Why do you say only this blackout? This is just one of the features of this ugly reality. That's all.'

-----------

"Blackout! Blackout!" cried the reporter and others in the house. War between Pakistan and India had been imminent for weeks, and air raid drills and warnings were now commonplace in Delhi.

"Sir" -- the reporter spoke tensely in the darkened room -- "this is the presence of reality. We are being threatened by this fight with Pakistan. The siren is the ugly reality coming for us."

'We are always in the ugly reality,' Prabhupada said, '-- twenty-four hours a day. Suppose there is no blackout? Still, if you go in the street, there is no guarantee that you will get home. In this way, you are always in the ugly reality. Why do you say only this blackout? This is just one of the features of this ugly reality. That's all.'

Reporter: "Yes, but at the moment..."

Prabhupada: "You do not realize that you are in ugly reality twenty-four hours a day? Padam padam yad vipadam. There is danger at every step."

Reporter: "I know, sir, but this is collective, national danger. Have you anything to offer us as a remedy?"

Prabhupada: "Krsna consciousness is our only remedy. Take to this process, and you will be happy."

Reporter: "Sir, I think someone should go to the Yahya Khan [the president of Pakistan]."

Prabhupada: "What benefit will you derive by going to Yahya Khan?"

Reporter: "Someone is out to kill me."

Prabhupada: "But suppose Yahya Khan does not kill you? Will you be safe? Then what is the use to go to Yahya Khan? You will die today or tomorrow. If you want to save yourself, then go to Krsna. That is our proposition. Even if you go to Yahya Khan, and he does not fight, then you mean to say that you will live forever? What is the use of flattering Yahya Khan? Flatter Krsna, so that you may be saved perpetually. Why don't you do that?"

Reporter: "I was only thinking in terms of collective security. I can see your point..."

Prabhupada: "You should know that you are always in danger."

Reporter: "Yes, sir, we agree. The late Einstein said the same thing..."

Prabhupada: "That is our position, and Krsna says, "I will save you.' Therefore, let us go to Krsna. Why go to Yahya Khan?"

Reporter: "Simply because he is disturbing us, that's all."

Prabhupada: "Your mind is always disturbing you all the time, because it is always with you. Your body is always with you. Are you not suffering from bodily pains? Why don't you go to Yahya Khan to cure your pains? You are always in danger. Why don't you realize that?" :pray:

'We are always in the ugly reality,' Prabhupada said, '-- twenty-four hours a day. Suppose there is no blackout?

Still, if you go in the street, there is no guarantee that you will get home. In this way, you are always in the ugly reality.

Why do you say only this blackout?

This is just one of the features of this ugly reality. That's all.'

I'm always stumbling in the darkness of this material world!! My whole life has been in a blackout

Always in danger. When big disasters strike it gets our attention. But then that passes and we start to feel safe again. That feeling of safety is maya's trick.

Like today I have a couple things planned and I assume today will be an easy happy go lucky kind of day. The ugly reality is today I may be destined to get hit by a truck crossing the street.

Hare Krishna

Lord Krishna In the 21st Century: a visionary book about how to use the ever occurring disasters of this world to spread love of Lord Krishna into every home and into every heart, the world over.

Dear Lord Chaitanya, Lord Nityananda, Dear Srila Prabhupada ...the suffering in the world - China ...hundreds of children buried alive under collapsed schools ...thousands and thousands of people badly injured ....tens of thousands in Burma starving and sick ...please bless your devotees with even more power to spread your Holy Name to everyone, in all places. Your Holy Name is the true and sound rescue ship that you have sent out into these turbulent and dangerous waters to end suffering for ever. Yes, there are other rescue boats rushing to help but only yours is of Divine origin. As for myself, all I am able to do is feel great sadness and ask You that you take all these souls who have just perished and give them all birth again ...but this time lead them to your Holy Name, in their new life. Let them beat thousands of drums and fill the firmament with Hare bol Hare Krsna Hare Rama.

rsd, Krishna Disaster Relief