IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
realist31

Is GOLOKA better than Swarga or Indralok?

Rate this topic

Is GOLOKA better than Swarga or Indralok or Vaikunta?How better it is compared to the material world,lets say a guy is lucky to have everything in this material world,Health Wealth and women everything,is GOLOKA still a better place to be than the person with all these in abundance.

How many of you(Please be honest) would choose to have a eternal enjoyment over GOLOKA if offered both and give me a reason if you still choose GOLOKA over sense enjoyment place that everlasts(if at all one exists that way).this is a hypothetical situation but i still want to know the reason GOLOKA is considered as the ultimate..

The exalted Devotee Arjuna fought for Material wealth with the help of Krsna,why didnt he choose to just go to GOLOKA rather than fight for sense enjoyment on earth if GOLOKA is all that great?

Why doesnt Indra go to GOLOKA rather than enjoy Indralok when he is close to Visnu and still choose to have his own kingdom that gets conquered by demons all the time?

Is GOLOKA better than Swarga or Indralok or Vaikunta?How better it is compared to the material world,lets say a guy is lucky to have everything in this material world,Health Wealth and women everything,is GOLOKA still a better place to be than the person with all these in abundance.

How many of you(Please be honest) would choose to have a eternal enjoyment over GOLOKA if offered both and give me a reason if you still choose GOLOKA over sense enjoyment place that everlasts(if at all one exists that way).this is a hypothetical situation but i still want to know the reason GOLOKA is considered as the ultimate..

The exalted Devotee Arjuna fought for Material wealth with the help of Krsna,why didnt he choose to just go to GOLOKA rather than fight for sense enjoyment on earth if GOLOKA is all that great?

Why doesnt Indra go to GOLOKA rather than enjoy Indralok when he is close to Visnu and still choose to have his own kingdom that gets conquered by demons all the time?

I would rather go to Goloka any day. Goloka is where Sri Sri Radha-Krishna are. I am not pure enough to enter it at this moment, therefore I can't 'choose' it. Also, it is a place without suffering. I hate to see suffering and I hate suffering myself, so I would much rather choose it (since no matter which other Loka you incarnate in (BrahmaLoka, IndraLoka, etc...) there is still suffering through death, material attachments, etc...)

Arjuna was told specifically by Lord Krishna to do something. He didn't want to fight for material wealth, but Lord Krishna asked him to. Not for material wealth, but so that the people of the Dwarapa Yuga would be protected from the viscious tyrants that were the Kurus.

Indra isn't pure enough to enter Goloka at this time. He is very attached to sense enjoyment. Also, it is his specific duty until his death to be the Indra of our current universe. He might incarnate in Goloka after his death. I'm not sure. In the next universe, there will be a different Indra, and the current Indra will be able to move on to another incarnation somewhere else.

I would rather go to Goloka any day. Goloka is where Sri Sri Radha-Krishna are. I am not pure enough to enter it at this moment, therefore I can't 'choose' it. Also, it is a place without suffering. I hate to see suffering and I hate suffering myself, so I would much rather choose it (since no matter which other Loka you incarnate in (BrahmaLoka, IndraLoka, etc...) there is still suffering through death, material attachments, etc...)

Arjuna was told specifically by Lord Krishna to do something. He didn't want to fight for material wealth, but Lord Krishna asked him to. Not for material wealth, but so that the people of the Dwarapa Yuga would be protected from the viscious tyrants that were the Kurus.

Indra isn't pure enough to enter Goloka at this time. He is very attached to sense enjoyment. Also, it is his specific duty until his death to be the Indra of our current universe. He might incarnate in Goloka after his death. I'm not sure. In the next universe, there will be a different Indra, and the current Indra will be able to move on to another incarnation somewhere else.

Not just u buddy,no one likes suffering,atleast for themselves,what pleasure is there in GOLOKA?

What are Radha and Krishna doing in GOLOKA?

What qualities you need to go to GOLOKA?

Where is GOLOKA?

How do you know there is no suffering in GOLOKA?

Not just u buddy,no one likes suffering,atleast for themselves,what pleasure is there in GOLOKA?

The pleasure is transcendental. We are able to serve Radha-Krishna. What greater pleasure could there possibly be than to lighten Their Divine, Lotus-like Faces with smiles?

They are the Divine Couple. They dance and sing in the forests of Vrindavan. Radharani plays with Her sakhis and Krishna plays with His gopa friends. They praise each other's glories. They are the most loving of all beings, and Their love is constantly increasing for each other and for us.

You need to be a devotee of God and see all beings with equanimity.

Where is GOLOKA?

Certainly beyond our material reach or senses.

Sri Krishna says so in the Gita (but you've already shown that you don't believe or care about what He says in the Gita anyway).

The pleasure is transcendental. We are able to serve Radha-Krishna. What greater pleasure could there possibly be than to lighten Their Divine, Lotus-like Faces with smiles?

Are you serious that it is a pleasure yo see two people smiling and being their servant?Have you ever experienced any pleasure in this world to even know what pleasure really is,i still dont understand how can seeing two people lotus like face with smile makes you happy all the time.

Certainly beyond our material reach or senses.

If it is beyond our reach and senses then how can you describe them.

Sri Krishna says so in the Gita (but you've already shown that you don't believe or care about what He says in the Gita anyway).

Stop judging me and answer if you want...Sri Krishna might say it,so did the Bible or Quran or Shiva Purana or any scripture,what proof do we have that all these books are not just a NOVEL or a COMIC fantasy.Dont you want to bank on something that might exist atleast or just blindly believe in whatever some book has written in it..

Srila Narayana Maharaja:

What is sraddha [faith], how does it begin, and what are its fruits? Sraddha, which means the tendency to serve Krsna, is the actual root or seed of all bhakti. We discussed that sraddha is of two kinds: worldly sraddha* [see endnote 1] and transcendental sraddha. Transcendental sraddha is also of two kinds – regulative and spontaneous* [see endnote 2]. Spontaneous sraddha is transcendental, and it comes by hearing the sweet pastimes of Krsna. By this hearing greed will come, and that is called lobhamayi-sraddha. This is the best kind; but what causes it to manifest in the heart of a devotee? It appears only by the mercy of Krsna, the Vaisnavas and Gurudeva. Moreover, Krsna's mercy comes through the mercy of the pure Vaisnavas.

What is Vaisnava-sanga or sadhu-sanga? You should know what is real association with a sadhu or saintly devotee. Sanga in short means association. San-ga – it is a Sanskrit word and it denotes samyak rupena gamanam; meaning to follow and serve one's Guru in all respects. This is also stated in the Bhagavad-Gita (4.34):

tad viddhi pranipatena

pariprasnena sevaya

upadeksyanti te jnanam

jnaninas tattva-darsinah

["Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth."]

You will have to seek out a high class of association – qualified Vaisnava devotees – and offer obeisances to them, thinking, "I must obey, serve and please them in all respects." Tad viddhi pranipatena pariprasnena sevaya. Three things are mentioned here by Krsna. First, pranipatena – surrender yourself, thinking, "I must obey." Secondly, pariprasnena – you will have to very humbly ask questions, and the Vaisnavas saints will explain and reconcile everything for you. Thirdly, sevaya – you will have to serve with a mood to please them. Without these three, you cannot have bhakti. This is stated throughout the scriptures, and there are so many examples.

`sadhu-sanga', `sadhu-sanga' – sarva-sastre kaya

lava-matra sadhu-sange sarva-siddhi haya

["The verdict of all revealed scriptures is that by even a moment's association with a pure devotee, one can attain all success." (Caitanya-Caritamrta, Madhya-lila 22.54)]

Without sadhu-sanga you cannot advance in Krsna consciousness. If you are trying to perform bhakti by yourself, by your intelligence, the result will be karma (material fruitive activity) – not bhakti.

[Endnote 1: "There are two kinds of sraddha: one is worldly sraddha, worldly faith, and the second is transcendental faith. Worldly sraddha is always shaky and very weak. On the other hand, if one has transcendental sraddha, like Haridasa Thakura, he will think, 'Even if you cut me into thousands of pieces, I will not give up my chanting and my worship.'" (Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja, July 6 2002, France)]

(Worldly faith may also apply to faith in material relations, and in that case transcendental faith will apply to faith in transcendental personalities, like Guru, sadhu, and sastra.)

(The following quotes were taken from Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu-bindu)

[Endnote 2: Paramarthika-sraddha (transcendental faith) is of two kinds: 1) sastrartha avadharanamayi-sraddha - faith which brings about engagement in the path of bhakti inspired by the governing principles of scripture, and 2) bhagavat-lila-madhurya-lobhamayi-sraddha - faith which brings about engagement in bhakti due to intense longing, arisen out of some extreme good fortune by hearing the sweet pastimes of Krsna."]

Are you serious that it is a pleasure yo see two people smiling and being their servant?Have you ever experienced any pleasure in this world to even know what pleasure really is,i still dont understand how can seeing two people lotus like face with smile makes you happy all the time.

Have you ever experienced the pleasures of Divine service? Obviously not. You clearly only care for yourself, if it doesn't make you happy to see people smile.

If it is beyond our reach and senses then how can you describe them.

It's spoken of in the scriptures (which you don't care for anyway).

Dont you want to bank on something that might exist atleast or just blindly believe in whatever some book has written in it..

Do you believe in God? What is your basis? You're clearly faithless in anything that can't be proven, so why do you post here, on a religious forum?

Have you ever experienced the pleasures of Divine service? Obviously not. You clearly only care for yourself, if it doesn't make you happy to see people smile.

It's spoken of in the scriptures (which you don't care for anyway).

Do you believe in God? What is your basis? You're clearly faithless in anything that can't be proven, so why do you post here, on a religious forum?

So r u telling me religious forums are people who believe in anything and everything without questioning,maybe im here to seek some proof.

Well make me happy and see if that is part of ur divine service,make me happy by giving me some proof.

What is divine service?U mean posting here about GOLOKA?

Dont u care for urself,if not y r u getting upset on me?Y dont u try ur service on me?

Where is GOLOKA?

Why do the adminstrators put up with this wacko?

Why do the adminstrators put up with this wacko?

Wo wo wo,calm down man,i didnt abuse anyone,y r u starting to abuse?Dont u know any decency in online forums,if u dont know answer u dont have reply...

Maybe if u convince me Krishna will give u ur ticket...lol....If u say everything is his leela y do u get all mad at me?

Cbrahma here dont like me,do u all u guys want me to go out of this forum cause i ask questions?Please tell me so and if i get like 5 or more people asking so then i would leave,i have no hard feelings so far,i just thought ill talk to people who really know stuff about Krishna,if not its ok as well,after all i thought its ok to learn from people if they really know something

So r u telling me religious forums are people who believe in anything and everything without questioning,maybe im here to seek some proof.

Proof of what? No one can prove God. God is a matter of faith solely. If you have no faith, you can't believe in God. No matter what is told to you, you still won't believe b/c you have no faith.

Well make me happy and see if that is part of ur divine service,make me happy by giving me some proof.

What is divine service?U mean posting here about GOLOKA?

Dont u care for urself,if not y r u getting upset on me?Y dont u try ur service on me?

Divine service is serving Radha and Krishna (or whatever name you wish to call God) through everything you do.

Are you the Divine Couple? Well, then I don't have to serve you. You aren't divine, so I won't render such service unto you. Sorry, but for me, the world doesn't revolve around you.

The original poster has a problem in identifying what his question is. He starts threads asking questions which are not his real question, and then assumes those replying should automatically infere his question is really "give me proof for goloka."

If your question is "which is better, goloka or swarga", then it has already been answered by enough people. Goloka is eternal, free from suffering, full of knowledge and bliss. There is no comparison to indra loka.

But the problem lies in the fact that you don't even know what your question is. Your real "question" is "show me proof for goloka", which isn't even a question but a demand. No one here is duty bound to fulfil your childish demands.

If you want to find out the reality of Goloka the only method is sadhana. Challenging people to prove to you the existence of goloka will not get you any answers.