IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
indulekhadasi

Thank you!

Rate this topic

I have a devotee friend who suffered 'greatly' from Asthma even as an adult in her 30's. It was so bad she could not work.

She eventually overcome it by some Russian technique. Some type of breathing exercises. I can't rememeber the name of the technique. Sorry:(. I may be able to contact her if you need help...IM me in the future any time if you'all like.

Radhe Radhe

All the best for the future. I'm sure you realize how it could be difficult to mix with people who are not devotees.

At work, I have always felt that I don't exactly fit in. I think people find me strange because I don't talk about clothes, or what I did last night.

This thread brings me back to the days when I was in my late teens and with my co-devotees we were all toying with the idea of dropping out of college. Our siksha Guru then SiddhaSwarupAnanda adviced us to continue for practical reasons and so that people will not think that devotees were people who get into religion because they were the wounded birds of the society.

Nevertheless, the most intelligent and the prettiest of the lot decided to drop out as they felt that they just can't reconcile what was being taught and the principle being push forward in the university with that of their Gv life goals.

I continued to finish my course but it was really a painful experience especially when I became so deeply involved with the GV ways.

Indulekha, I want to join the other devotees in thanking you for your nice example of vaishnava behavior. It's so refreshing to see this on internet forums. Good luck with your studies, and do grace us with your company as time allows.

I have a devotee friend who suffered 'greatly' from Asthma even as an adult in her 30's. It was so bad she could not work.

She eventually overcome it by some Russian technique. Some type of breathing exercises. I can't rememeber the name of the technique. Sorry:(. I may be able to contact her if you need help...IM me in the future any time if you'all like.

Bija Prabhu it will be grealy appreciated.

Sorry Indrulekha mataji for hijacking the forum

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada

Hi Yogesh,

You have mentioned an aurvedic remedy. Please tell how much it helped you. Thanks.

It has given me good relief but I must confess I have non-caring attitude towards my body so I tend to neglect preparing and taking the medication. (I know we have to look after the physical body since it is on loan from the Lord) but that is just my nature.

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada

Indulekha, I want to join the other devotees in thanking you for your nice example of vaishnava behavior. stone

100% agree...perfect example of humility and simplicity...thx indu

Thank you all very much, once again for all the encouragement and blessings. A big thank you to Avinash Prabhuji, Malati Mataji, Stonehearted Prabhuji (Babhru Prabhuji), and Bija Prabhuji.

Yogesh prabhuji,

I tried Ayurvedic remedies like that, but none worked. I know exercise is quite good for asthma and that is where my bharatanatyam comes in. I have to take it carefully because I have exercise induced asthma too. :rolleyes: I have had asthma since I came to the East Coast at the age of 6. I want to get out to California, where I can breathe so much better! :)

SHREERÄDHÄKRSHNACHAITANYÄY NAMAH

GURU SHREECHAITANYA MAHÄPRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREENITYÄNANDA PRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREESHIVASHIVÄYA NAMAH

JAY JAY SHREEBHAKTA VRUNDA...

THANK YOU. wE ARE FORTUNATE that Lord Nityananda prabhu is glorified here. He is more merciful than Lord Chaitanya

what a bogus tendency...how can anybody compare the SelfSame Personalities?

u guys are trying to offend Lord ShreeNitäi by thinking all such roguish things?

who the hell are we or anyone to determine as to Who is more Merciful, these are big offences, mind u!

this is terrible.

SHREENITÄIGAURAPREMÄNANDE...SHREEGAURAHARIBOL

SHREERÄDHÄKRSHNACHAITANYÄY NAMAH

GURU SHREECHAITANYA MAHÄPRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREENITYÄNANDA PRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREESHIVASHIVÄYA NAMAH

JAY JAY SHREEBHAKTA VRUNDA...

what a bogus tendency...how can anybody compare the SelfSame Personalities?

u guys are trying to offend Lord ShreeNitäi by thinking all such roguish things?

who the hell are we or anyone to determine as to Who is more Merciful, these are big offences, mind u!

this is terrible.

SHREENITÄIGAURAPREMÄNANDE...SHREEGAURAHARIBOL

Yes, there is no difference in Lord Nitai and Lord Gaura. However, Vrindavan das Thakura explains in Sri Chaitanya Bhagavata that Lord Nityananda is even more merciful than Lord Chaitanya. Just see the Jagai Madhai pastime. Lord Chaitanya was going to kill those 2 rouges, but Nitai decided to save them.

Qualitatively, however, there is no difference. If one accepts Nitai without Gaura or Gaura without Nitai, then one will be practicing ardha kukuti nyaya, the philosophy of half a hen. Such a person is eternally condemned.

I received this reply in email today. I hope you all can maintain good health to focus on Naam without difficulty.

love and care...bija

Please accept my obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Here is the reply for your friend. First, the dogpile search page for

'Buteyko,' which the method is known by. Its at:

http://www.dogpile.com/dogpile<wbr>/ws/results/Web/Buteyko/1/417<wbr>/TopNavigation/Relevance/iq<wbr>=true/zoom=off/_iceUrlFlag=7?<wbr>_IceUrl=true>

The Buteyko Asthma Education USA site seems good at a glance. One page

from their site gives the basic principles. Its at:

http://www.buteyko-usa.com<wbr>/AboutButeykoMethod/HowDoesItW<wbr>ork.asp

These addresses should give your friend some idea of the method. The

training they give is a detailed schedule of HOW TO HOLD YOUR BREATH. So

if your friend does this whenever he remembers he will get relief from his

symptoms and his body will retrain itself to a healthier balance. If he

can afford to attend a workshop, the company of others will also encourage

him.

But the whole thing hinges around training your body by constantly going

past discomfort levels (safely). Once he puts in a real effort to change,

he will experience results. At least, that is my experience.

All glories to Guru and Gauranga.

I received this reply in email today. I hope you all can maintain good health to focus on Naam without difficulty.

love and care...bija

Prabhu will try this technique.

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada