image.php?u=461&dateline=1183696929

<CENTER>Chapter 9. The Most Confidential Knowledge</CENTER>

TEXT 2

raja-vidya raja-guhyam

pavitram idam uttamam

pratyaksavagamam dharmyam

su-sukham kartum avyayam

SYNONYMS

bump.gifraja-vidya--the king of education; raja-guhyam--the king of confidential knowledge; pavitram--the purest; idam--this; uttamam--transcendental; pratyaksa--directly experienced; avagamam--understood; dharmyam--the principle of religion; su-sukham--very happy; kartum--to execute; avyayam--everlasting.

TRANSLATION

bump.gifThis knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed. j

Thanks Sarvagattah, yes, this is also explained in Bhagavad-gita, the body constantly changes.

TRANSLATION

As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.

PURPORT

Change of body by the atomic individual soul is an accepted fact. Even the modern scientists who do not believe in the existence of the soul, but at the same time cannot explain the source of energy from the heart, have to accept continuous changes of body which appear from childhood to boyhood and from boyhood to youth and again from youth to old age. From old age, the change is transferred to another body. This has already been explained in a previous verse (2.13).

Transference of the atomic individual soul to another body is made possible by the grace of the Supersoul. The Supersoul fulfills the desire of the atomic soul as one friend fulfills the desire of another. The Vedas, like the Muṇḍaka Upaniṣad, as well as the Śvetāśvatara Upaniṣad, compare the soul and the Supersoul to two friendly birds sitting on the same tree. One of the birds (the individual atomic soul) is eating the fruit of the tree, and the other bird (Kṛṣṇa) is simply watching His friend. Of these two birds — although they are the same in quality — one is captivated by the fruits of the material tree, while the other is simply witnessing the activities of His friend. Kṛṣṇa is the witnessing bird, and Arjuna is the eating bird. Although they are friends, one is still the master and the other is the servant. Forgetfulness of this relationship by the atomic soul is the cause of one's changing his position from one tree to another, or from one body to another. The jīva soul is struggling very hard on the tree of the material body, but as soon as he agrees to accept the other bird as the supreme spiritual master — as Arjuna agreed to do by voluntary surrender unto Kṛṣṇa for instruction — the subordinate bird immediately becomes free from all lamentations. Both the Muṇḍaka Upaniṣad (3.1.2) and Śvetāśvatara Upaniṣad (4.7) confirm this:

samāne vṛkṣe puruṣo nimagno

'nīśayā śocati muhyamānaḥ

juṣṭaḿ yadā paśyaty anyam īśam

asya mahimānam iti vīta-śokaḥ

"Although the two birds are in the same tree, the eating bird is fully engrossed with anxiety and moroseness as the enjoyer of the fruits of the tree. But if in some way or other he turns his face to his friend who is the Lord and knows His glories — at once the suffering bird becomes free from all anxieties." Arjuna has now turned his face towards his eternal friend, Kṛṣṇa, and is understanding the Bhagavad-gītā from Him. And thus, hearing from Kṛṣṇa, he can understand the supreme glories of the Lord and be free from lamentation.

Arjuna is advised herewith by the Lord not to lament for the bodily change of his old grandfather and his teacher. He should rather be happy to kill their bodies in the righteous fight so that they may be cleansed at once of all reactions from various bodily activities. One who lays down his life on the sacrificial altar, or in the proper battlefield, is at once cleansed of bodily reactions and promoted to a higher status of life. So there was no cause for Arjuna's lamentation.

I am sure Theist prabhuji is more handsome than that baby.

I bet he didn't have such big ears.

:)

Don't bet too much Indu.;)

Avinash, You can see by my photo from the sixties I retained my good looks. At 56 you can see I still got it.:D

29_1.jpg

LOL That's funny. Yes it's true I was a handsome guy even in my infant stage. Not worried then and not worried now. thiest

LOL {*_*}

I have this uncle thiest, he is small fella, bald, very funny man. Whenever we see each other down town he says, 'wow each time I see you are getting more good looking me ol' mate', and I reply 'I reckon you are a strapin' good lookin' fella to me ol' mate'. lol

Kids used to call me flappers as a child.:P Maybe coz they knew I would fly high oneday.

Yet again the whole debate is superfulous and supercilious to the utmost.

You must stop covering for each others insecurities and admit the truth when it passes before our collective eyes--the baby is ugly, very, very, disturbingly ugly --not that there's anything wrong with that, but, a sign of brahminical training is to tell the truth [Yes I know, and to tell it without disturbing others peace of mind]--but I can't stop my self! Help!

--that is an ugly baby. It sad and pathetic but he's probably a happy go-lucky bebe destined for a life of high taxes and tazmanian devils.

Let us wish this ugly ugly baby --who may grow out of it, unlike our karmi middle aged fissue-ladden relatives --let us wish wellness and happiness. Yes, happiness for all ugly babies everywhere not just those far east of the Ural mountains and the Gopi desert.

If we preform our obliged duties in this life time we can avoid being born as such a god-forsaken ugly baby destined for nerd-hood or politics. Amen.

Forgive me if this is your ugly baby or your chip-off-the-ole-block-of-a-uglier parent. I speak here only academically, of course.

long live the babies and the ugly babies and especially the cute smart advanced godsend incarnations of advanced souls to save our pathetic selves in our old age when kali yuga really gets cooking . . .

Your post Jan, is poignant to the utmost;)

You must stop covering for each others insecurities and admit the truth... Jan ...superfulous and supercilious...Jan

God help me Jan, I have to get my computer dictionary out to keep the pace with you! And also 'purge' various ghostly demons (tazzie devils)...too much hard work:eek3:.

Make sure you read the purple writing.... as we both know from our wise teacher...there is no other hope in this age of kali...

Theist may have been an ugly baby but from listening to him talk it sounds like he got a lot of nookie in his life although apparently it wasn't real satisfying because he is still endeavoring with great determination to get a taste for Krishna Consciousness. :)

AM, for every big eared boy there is a big eared girl. The trick is to keep one's standards low enough to take advantage.

And you are right there is no happiness in trying to love a flesh bag. Liquid Beauty showed us the sameness between a Cleopatra and an ugly big eared Betty.

Don't bet too much Indu.;)

Avinash, You can see by my photo from the sixties I retained my good looks. At 56 you can see I still got it.:D

29_1.jpg

It's okay, Theist... Ganesh has ears on the larger side, too... and no one seems to mind. In fact, we embrace it!

ganesha_chaturthi_tall_banner.gif

29_1.jpg

I Like the Dhoti and the Berkeley style houses in the background Theist Maharaj.

Actually I was thinking, maybe you are the proof of the of what Prabhupada says that I am aways saying over the web, there you are sitting safely behind your computer, but here you are above in one of your projected forms preaching all of the internet in hundreds of cities all around this planet

For argument sake, lets just say 'humorously' you behind your computer is nitya-siddha in Krsnaloka serving Krsna, while the above identity of 'Theist' is your nitya baddha identity projected into the hyper space reality of the Internet, that I have compared ‘humorously’ to the mahat-tattva or material creation.

So just like you are on your computer safely in your home (Goloka) you are simultaneously at the same time, in the lounge rooms of millions of homes all around the world in hyper space (mahat-tattva).

Could this be similar to how we are permanently on Goloka and are only projecting ourselves to the mahat-tattva?

Also I’m not trying to high jack this thread, its just that I have never meet theist and then starting seeing him in that photo and this idea of how we come to the material world entered my mind. Anyway Its just a thought and I apologise if this :idea: has annoyed any of you great souls out there in hyper space, well really, you are not in hyper space, you are all at home on your computors projecting all your thoughts into the hyper space universe on the internet that ironically is called 'the second life' Just like Krsna describes how we can be anyone we want to be in the material world, isn't this the case within the world of the internet?

Anyway Its just a thought and I apologise if this :idea: has annoyed any of you great souls out there in hyper space, well really, you are not in hyper space, you are all at home on your computors projecting all your thoughts into the hyper space universe on the internet that ironically is called 'the second life' Just like Krsna describes how we can be anyone we want to be in the material world, isn't this the case within the world of the internet? quote by sarva

Nah you got it all wrong Sarva! Dont you know this 'second life virtual world of ether' is infact the divine reality (vaikuntha)...and we are all performing daily sadhana and bhajan in our easy chairs! In hopes of becoming players in the cyber absolute truth!

Infact the daily sadhana of internet bhajan is the sure fire way of deliverance for the next 100 years of this 21st century. By deep cultivation of this imaginary world on this screen which is in fact real, but imaginary in our minds, we will attain spiritual fingertips and typing skills....thus attaining our siddha deha in due course. Beginning with tingling sensations beneath our effulgent finger nails.

I repeat virtual is real and real is virtual...home and the easy chair is illusion....words are truth beyond argument! I am now entering my second life of which I never really fell down from, but only dreamed that I was in my easy chair speaking non-sense every day!!!

And as Dark Warrior once said, 'trust me'!

adieu!

ps. please everyone get with the program....we are all second life cyber-bhaktas (borgs) creating that which is real, awakening from our dreamy easy chair. The jiva has fallen from Goloka theory is an upside down fairy cake!

[ATTACH]1669[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1670[/ATTACH]sarva is right...we are what we want to be as borg!

Dead-head Bhakta, Hobbit Bhakta, Innocent Boy Saint Bhakta....even Koala Bear Bhakta or 'Furry Fox Bhakta' on a good day.

But beware Maya lives there!!!

post-5757-138274055685_thumb.jpg

post-5757-138274055686_thumb.jpg