IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
eshwaar101

good books

Rate this topic

The Pillars of the Earth, and the sequel, World Without End.

Author: Ken Follett

Great tales set in Crusades-era Europe; plenty of intertwining of spiritual and religious themes/characters into the overall plots.

Spiritual but non-religious one of my favorites is The Way of the Pilgrim by Anon. A real gem. Short and sweet. May not be what you are looking for.

Curious.... How do you reason that this is a non-religious book? And how is something not religious on one hand and spiritual on the other? Again, just curious. Thank you.

Curious.... How do you reason that this is a non-religious book? And how is something not religious on one hand and spiritual on the other? Again, just curious. Thank you.

Fair question. I mean by that that what is presented is not some sectarian church dogma by rather one individuals journey to find God within Himself through pure prayer, and as such is applicable in everyone's life even if they have no affiliation to an established religion.

I realize that may have been a confusing statement. Sorry for that.

Fair question. I mean by that that what is presented is not some sectarian church dogma by rather one individuals journey to find God within Himself through pure prayer, and as such is applicable in everyone's life even if they have no affiliation to an established religion.

I realize that may have been a confusing statement. Sorry for that.

When a good preacher preaches, people say: "Preacher is great."

When great a preacher preaches, people say: "Krsna is great."

Spiritual but non-religious one of my favorites is The Way of the Pilgrim by Anon. A real gem. Short and sweet. May not be what you are looking for.

This is also one of my favorite books. I have read it many times over. I highly recommend it. When I first looked into buying a copy, there were not so many versions. Now I see so many translations. The link, here, shows the one I have always read. Actually, I am in the process of reading it again.

Thanks for the link Rohini. I want to read it again myself. Never read this translation. The one I read was from Shamabala Publishing.

Can't stress enough what a treasure this is. Should be required reading for all renounciates and those wanting to entering into the chanting of nama mantra IMO.