IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Maya Will Never Be Satisfied

Rate this topic

Below it says - "I constructed this nice house for living happily, but there was fire and everything finished" - whatever we do, maya is never satisfied.

"There was a brāhmaṇa. He said like this: “My dear Lord Krishna, I am now servant. I have served so much.” Kāmādīnāṁ kati na katidhā durnideśāḥ. “I have served them so nicely that I had to execute something which is abominable.” If you become servant of somebody, if he says that “You have to do it,” your conscience does not allow you to do it. Still, you have to do it. A man is stealing for family. He does not like to steal. Still, he is in need of money; he has to steal. Kāmādīnāṁ kati na katidhā pālitā durnideśāḥ. This is study, study the psychological condition. When I become servant of māyā, even I do not wish to do something which is not very good, still I am obliged to do it. But the result is that nobody is satisfied. The same example. Just like Gandhi served his country so much, so nicely, so voluntarily. Still, the result was he was killed by his countryman. Just see. Result was, the reward was that he served his country so much. It is undoubtedly, nobody can serve so sincerely. Everybody knows.

xljpqc.jpg

Both Indira Gandhi and her son Rajiv served as prime ministers of India. Indira Gandhi was assassinated in 1984. Rajiv Gandhi became prime minister after her assassination. Later he was also killed.

But the result was even a person like Mahatma Gandhi was killed by his countrymen. Just this morning Mrs. Sharma was telling that she has worked so much for the family, but still, the sons and daughters, they want, “No, no, you cannot go. You serve us. We are not satisfied yet.” They will never be satisfied. You serve māyā. The māyā will never be satisfied. Teṣāṁ na karuṇā jāta na trapā nopaśānti. The intelligent man is speaking, “My dear Lord, I have served my senses, lust, anger, greediness, so much so. Still, they are not kind upon me. They are still dictating, still dictating, ‘Do this, do this, do this.’ Therefore,” samprataṁ labdha buddhi, “ now I have got intelligence by Your grace.” Guru-krishna-kṛpayā. “By the grace of my spiritual master, by the grace of yourself, I have got this intelligence. Now I have come to You, to serve. Kindly engage me.” This is surrender. “I have served my senses, lust, greediness, and other things so faithfully. They are not satisfied. They still want me to serve. They are not going to give me pension. They want still, ‘Oh what you have done? You have to do so many things.’ So now I am disgusted.” This is called vairāgya. Vairāgya. Jñāna-vairāgya- yuktayā. This is required. In human life, this is, this intelligence required, vairāgya, not to serve this material world, but to serve Krishna."

Bhagavad-gītā 1.30

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

London, July 23, 1973

And our minds are ever placing it's demands upon us. One whim after another. Never ending. That is until we decide that we are Krishna's servant and not the conditioned mind's.

Serve we must. Service is the intrinsict nature of the soul. Water is wet. The soul must serve. We have accepted a false master and we must come to understand this fact side by side with building trust and faith in Krishna that the Lord is our true friend and has our best interest at heart.

We are all still in this for our own self interest. Pure unmotivated devotional service is still a distant goal to the vast majority. The question is we will care for the actual self or continue trying to satify the interest of the false self?

This question we must face head on. We must grow into this understanding daily.

Sri Isopanishad Mantra 10. The wise have explained that one result is derived from the culture of knowledge and that a different result is obtained from the culture of nescience.

Mantra 11. Only one who can learn the process of nescience and that of transcendental knowledge side by side can transcend the influence of repeated birth and death and enjoy the full blessings of immortality.

Well said Theist. Such great words.

Thanks thehat, yes, Theist is such a nice philosopher, hopefully many souls in the world wide web will develop interest in the path of bhakti by his example.

And who nowadays is an example? Things surely haven't changed:

Dhṛṣṭadyumna: My father, he’s the president of this liquor company, and they study the charts to see who is drinking the most. And they have discovered that the biggest drinkers in the world are the politicians in Washington, D.C., that they drink more liquor than anyone.

Prabhupāda: Yes. They have got so many anxieties. So many anxieties.

Garden Conversation

with His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

June 14, 1976, Detroit

full lecture: http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/760614gc.det.htm

They should have become intoxicated in the Holy Name. Liquor may provide temporary relief, but we need a permanent fix!

Thanks Indulekhadasi, liquor drinking surely also signals that with the present quality and setting of the human mind they're not satisfied/ totally unhappy. They are changing the human mind's settings by using liquor. Material nature says, well, as human being you struggled so hard to change the situation of your mind, here you get a mind which is so much tamasic that you haven't to add anything anmore, it is already fully illusioned. This is the meaning of self-provoked reincarnation.

And still, do they actually achieve peace of mind by drinking liquor?

Rather they write advertisements like this:

How to achieve peace of mind

Submitted by jswami on March 23, 2008 - 4:28am. For those who doubt we live in a world where peace is attainable, I saw this advertisement today in Leicester, UK, in the window of a mortician:

“Discover the peace of mind that comes from planning and paying towards your funeral.”