IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Eggs

Rate this topic

Can someone please explain to me why Unfertilized eggs shouldnt be eaten?

The way I see it The Chicken is a Holy animal that same as The Cow..

The Cow gives us Nourishing Milk and Dairy products and they dont suffer by it.. Now I dont believe they should be ill treated in the collection of that Milk..

I see the Chicken and the egg that same way.. I consider both Animals as a Holy Gift and therefore a Holy Animal. Remember I'm Talking about Unfertilized Eggs.

Actualy when it comes to it.. I believe more closely (Not Exactly) to The Jainist Views of Dietary Consumption.

The Cow gives us Nourishing Milk and Dairy products and they dont suffer by it.. Now I dont believe they should be ill treated in the collection of that Milk..

I see the Chicken and the egg that same way.. I consider both Animals as a Holy Gift and therefore a Holy Animal. Remember I'm Talking about Unfertilized Eggs.

Actualy when it comes to it.. I believe more closely (Not Exactly) to The Jainist Views of Dietary Consumption.

The eggs are said to be tamasic - like onions, garlic and mushrooms. It's hardly the same as eating meat, however.

I agree with cbrahma on this. I don't eat eggs myself because of the way in which so many chickens are kept and because the idea of what it is seems slightly repulsive. However, I do not regard the eating of eggs as a breach of the principle of ahimsa, which is the basis for Hindu Dharma's recommendation of a vegetarian diet.

Good analogy comparing eggs to milk. Milk is the transformation of cow's blood and eggs are the transformation of chicken blood.

I see the arguement as not one for the consumption of eggs but of one of not drinking milk.

Presently both cows and chickens are horribly mistreated in the collection of milk and eggs. You may not consider taking their products as violent but because of the way they are mis-treated to produce those products to use either is directly supporting violence.

We dont eat animal menstruation.Thats tamsic.unfertilised eggs are periods of chickens.Milk is not.

Some of us avoid all products of the transformation of the blood of animals. Some people like the Masai actually tap into the cows neck and take out blood for drinking. Not appetizing to me.

In nature the egg is meant for fertilization. some aren't but it does not change the fact that the egg is the embryo of a chicken. Over the years we referred to eggs as abortions

Although a lot of older devotees are now getting the flu shot for winter and yes, the anti-viral is grown in eggs?

There are cage-free eggs in which the chickens aren't tortured. If you want to eat eggs, then I suggest you get them instead of the regular ones. The only thing is, you don't know if they've been fertilized or not. :confused:

In nature the egg is meant for fertilization. some aren't but it does not change the fact that the egg is the embryo of a chicken. Over the years we referred to eggs as abortions

Although a lot of older devotees are now getting the flu shot for winter and yes, the anti-viral is grown in eggs?

Prabhupada - "So what are the four regulative principles?”

Devotee - " No illicit sex, no gambling, no intoxication that includes tea and coffee and no meat eating”

Prabhupada –“Yes and …?”

Devotee –“Oh that includes fish and eggs”.

Prabhupada –“ Yes and how many rounds?”

Devotee –“16 rounds a day”

Prabhupada –“ Yes, minimum”

Devotee –“And 25 on ekadasi”

Prabhupada –“If you can, but minimum is 16”

The main stay of a devotee diet is fruits, grains, nuts, vegetables and most import, Cows Milk that gives the Deities Ghee, curd, yoghurt, way, lassi, gulabs, sandish and about a thousand other preparations made from milk

Krsna is also a Cowherd Boy

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by Theist

Good analogy comparing eggs to milk. Milk is the transformation of cow's blood and eggs are the transformation of chicken blood.

I see the arguement as not one for the consumption of eggs but of one of not drinking milk.

Presently both cows and chickens are horribly mistreated in the collection of milk and eggs. You may not consider taking their products as violent but because of the way they are mis-treated to produce those products to use either is directly supporting violence.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And most import, Krsna's Cows Milk that gives the Deities Ghee, curd, yoghurt, way, lassi, gulabs, sandish and about a thousand other preparations made from milk Krsna is also a Cowherd Boy

krsnacows.jpg

So do you think the torturing and slaughtering of cows in order to offer Him a glass of commercial milk, (a product of extreme violence), is a good thing? Krsna loves His milk more than He cares for the welfare of His cows and calves?

I cannot accept this.

So do you think the torturing and slaughtering of cows in order to offer Him a glass of commercial milk, (a product of extreme violence), is a good thing? Krsna loves His milk more than He cares for the welfare of His cows and calves?

I cannot accept this.

Agree, in Australia as soon as the cow stops giving milk, they send the cows off in the 'truck'. Actually its just another way of saying they send them to be slaughtered.

Krsna's cows at New Govardhana on the other hand, are treated very well, protected and worshiped. This is my only point in my last comments

So what then should we do, when it comes to using the milk karmis produce? Maybe you remember years ago, the possess used to make sugar white, they mixed the cane with cow bones. All white sugar went through this process. The devotees asked Prabhupada what to do and he said "what can we do?" .Back then we had no facility to grow our own sugar cane, so Prabhupada said do the best out of a bad situation

In other words devotees have to also be practical to carry on preaching. Another time a devotee asked, should we drive cars because so many insects were being killed at night by the cars movement. Prabhupada then explained that preaching Krsna consciousness is far more important, even going as far as saying that if need be, a devotee can eat meat to maintain his bodies health just to preach

Fortunately we have not come to that yet, but the point is, devotees must make the best out of a bad situation

So unless you cannot go to Krsna's farm to get milk, I see no harm in buying milk at the corner shop