IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Symptom Of Becoming Jubilant

Rate this topic

Assuming that the goal of spiritual mysticism is to not only theoretically being convinced of our eternal relationship with Krsna, but to also actually experience the symptoms - what are these symptoms?

"This means as soon as one is self-realized, immediately he becomes happy, jubilant. And what is the symptom of becoming jubilant? That is also stated, na śocati na kāṅkṣati: “He does not hanker after anything; neither he laments for any loss.” In the material condition we are in the platform of lamentation and hankering. Everyone is trying to possess something which he does not possess, and everyone is lamenting after losing his possession. These are the condition of the materialistic person.

902gz5.jpg

So Brahman realization or self-realization means no longer lamentation, no longer hankering. Then next stage is samaḥ sarveṣu bhūteṣu, means then he becomes equal to everyone. He does not treat differently to different living entities. Because he can see the spirit soul in everyone, he sees everyone on the same equal position. This stage is called the bona fide stage for devotional service. That is stated in the Bhagavad-gītā,

brahma-bhūtaḥ prasannātmā na śocati na kāṅkṣati samaḥ sarveṣu bhūteṣu mad-bhaktiṁ labhate parām [Bg. 18.54]

That is our perfectional stage."

Bhagavad-gītā 2.16

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Mexico City, February 16, 1975

Then next stage is samaḥ sarveṣu bhūteṣu, means then he becomes equal to everyone. He does not treat differently to different living entities. Because he can see the spirit soul in everyone, he sees everyone on the same equal position. Prabhupada

Sucandra thank you for posting this article. From introspection I can see that hankering, gain and loss, and not seeing entities on an equal platform as spirit soul is the cause of suffering for the conditioned entity influenced by ignorance.

I have heard lately people use the word 'acceptance'. Accepting things and people as they are. Is this the same as seeing with equal vision?

Or is there a subtle difference?

It seems the human, as he ages, can gain a quality of acceptance. But on the down side shallowness and aloofness can manifest in the heart, if it is influenced by the desire for sense gratification. Then I feel this acceptance is more like resignation.

How to find balance, service, and love in this world, as we begin to awaken and see the working of the material world.

Devotees could you please assist me with your thoughts and realizations. Thank you.

I have felt jubilance when I was a kid but then I got diagnosed as bipolar and in order to stay out of mental hospitals I have been forced to control that so pretty much the best I can do anymore is to stay calm and somewhat detached from the ups and downs of life. That has worked for many years and I don't have people worrying that I am going to go off the deep end anymore so my relationships with my friends and family has become managable as a result.

Then next stage is samaḥ sarveṣu bhūteṣu, means then he becomes equal to everyone. He does not treat differently to different living entities. Because he can see the spirit soul in everyone, he sees everyone on the same equal position. Prabhupada

Sucandra thank you for posting this article. From introspection I can see that hankering, gain and loss, and not seeing entities on an equal platform as spirit soul is the cause of suffering for the conditioned entity influenced by ignorance.

I have heard lately people use the word 'acceptance'. Accepting things and people as they are. Is this the same as seeing with equal vision?

Or is there a subtle difference?

It seems the human, as he ages, can gain a quality of acceptance. But on the down side shallowness and aloofness can manifest in the heart, if it is influenced by the desire for sense gratification. Then I feel this acceptance is more like resignation.

How to find balance, service, and love in this world, as we begin to awaken and see the working of the material world.

Devotees could you please assist me with your thoughts and realizations. Thank you.

Since actual spiritual realization is based upon developing spiritual qualities,

"That requires, you have to go… Tapasā brahmacaryeṇa [SB 6.1.13]. You have to undergo the principle. Ādau śraddhā tataḥ sādhu-saṅgo ’tha bhajana-kriyā. You have to accept the process. Then you’ll realize."

Hyderabad, November 25, 1972

Ultimately everyone who wants to become situated on the spiritual platform has to "accept the process."

Because we think we have such a long lifespan we think, why now, may be later. However, to postpone/suspend our spiritual advancement won't make things easier.

"Everyone knows that this body will be finished. Suppose if somebody comes immediately with some weapon and if he says, “I shall finish your body,” so immediately we shall be facing some danger. But it is known to us that this body will be finished. That means the danger is ahead. I may meet the danger… Today or tomorrow or hundred years after, the danger is awaiting. So what we are going to stop the danger? That is intelligence. A cat and dog, an animal, cannot protect them from the danger of death. But a human being, they also try to… Animals they also try to save themself from danger, but they cannot do very nicely, but a human being tries and can stop. So every intelligent person should know that “The danger is there. I do not want that danger.

2a7u1dj.jpg

Then how to stop it?” That is intelligence. So if we do not try to stop the danger, then we are not better than the animal.So if you want to stop the danger of death, then you have to understand what is that Absolute Truth. Just like I have given already the example of sunshine. If you come to the sunshine, there is no darkness. But if you keep yourself within closed door, do not like to see the sunshine, that is your own choice. So everyone should try to come to the light. That is Vedic injunction, tamaso mā jyotir gamaya, means “Do not remain in darkness, come to the light.”

http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/750216BG.MEX.htm?i=1975

Bhagavad-gītā 2.16

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Mexico City, February 16, 1975

750216BG.MEX

Ultimately everyone who wants to become situated on the spiritual platform has to "accept the process." posted by sucandra

It is not what you say you believe in that matters

as much as what you demonstrate you believe in.

Accepting others in their spiritual identity, and allowing Krsna to be the controller, is what I would like to cultivate.

Its an internal work that needs to be done to have harmonious relations with others, and the environment.

And necessary for me to learn to be a good servant oneday. And a good friend to all.

This is my meditation today while accepting the Holy Name and releasing it, on the tongue:

"accept the Holy Name on the tongue - release control of the environment to Krsna"

"accept the environment is in Krsna's hands - release the control of the Holy Name vibration on the tongue and let Krsna dance"

In the last few days I went through some very poor health and suffering, and the Lord released me by his grace, granting me these small realizations.

And why suffering. Also one accepting person, without words helped me see. Acceptance must be contagious )

Thank you Sucandra for posting this thread, it was one of the catalysts to awaken me through a tuff patch. tapasya - click

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->

Also these causless mercy web links you post are excellent for study, thx.

<!--[endif]-->

"Everyone knows that this body will be finished. Suppose if somebody comes immediately with some weapon and if he says, “I shall finish your body,” so immediately we shall be facing some danger. But it is known to us that this body will be finished.

That means the danger is ahead. I may meet the danger… Today or tomorrow or hundred years after, the danger is awaiting. So what we are going to stop the danger? That is intelligence.

A cat and dog, an animal, cannot protect them from the danger of death. But a human being, they also try to… Animals they also try to save themself from danger, but they cannot do very nicely, but a human being tries and can stop. So every intelligent person should know that “The danger is there. I do not want that danger.

Then how to stop it?” That is intelligence.

Assuming that the goal of spiritual mysticism is to not only theoretically being convinced of our eternal relationship with Krsna, but to also actually experience the symptoms - what are these symptoms? sucandra

A tiny drop of being self satisfied in service and not hankering here and there is joyous feeling.

Beginning to see Krsna in all things and feel him close is definately jubilant.

Wanting to serve other souls in Krsna conscious awareness is enticing and brings purpose and joy to life.

Singing kirtan and feeling even the shadow of bliss is nectar.

Seeing a glimpse of Sri Krsna's beautiful body in Jaap is beyond words.

These are some things which make me grateful for the gift we have been given.

Caitanya Caritamrta 8.31

TEXT 31

caitanya-nityānande nāhi esaba vicāra

nāma laite prema dena, vahe aśrudhāra

SYNONYMS

caitanya-nityānande—when chanting the holy names of Lord Caitanya and Nityānanda; nāhi—there are not; esaba—all these; vicara—considerations; nāma—the holy name; laite—simply by chanting; prema—love of Godhead; dena—they give; vahe—there is a flow; aśru-dhāra—tears in the eyes.

TRANSLATION

But if one only chants, with some slight faith, the holy names of Lord Caitanya and Nityānanda, very quickly he is cleansed of all offenses. Thus as soon as he chants the Hare Kṛṣṇa mahā-mantra, he feels the ecstasy of love for God.

This is the most jubilant thing on planet earth!

I would like to share a bit about lack and inadequacy. And Joy.

In simple terms there are three ways I can see dealings and relationships with other souls.

1/ The absolute truth Sri Krsna is exactly that, absolute. He is everything. Perfect and complete. And everything that emanates from him is also perfect and complete. Even in the stories when he was fighting demons, the demons were also part of his play. Perfect play. So if we can awaken to a vision that all is complete and perfect, we will never see lack in others, and we will have attained Krsna consciousness.

2/ Or we can see this world as perfect in another way. That the supersoul is granting the desires of all jivas. In a relative sense there may appear to be disparity, unequality etc. But if we can somehow see with a higher vision we can still understand God's manifestation and designs are perfect. That each soul is reaping its desires and will gradually learn. Like a school. Such is the kindness of God, gentle, patient, wise teacher. Loving to all the children because he sees their potential and true abilities that will manifest upon graduation. Each child is unique in their growth. So this is also perfect. We are fortunate if we can see this way, and accept what is.

3/ Third. This way of seeing is more conditioned. The realm of lack. The realm of needing Krsna due to suffering, or realizing our inadequacies. This is the realm of conditioned projection of the mind. In our lack we see the whole world is lacking. it is actually a dream and not real. We feel separation from others, from God....and we feel needy. We cry out to God in love, please help me...I am desperate. This is not the realm of pure love, pure love only wishes to satisfy the other. But saying that, in God's eyes it is still perfect, He sees no lack. Only our fearful conditioned self sees the lack. We see by God's grace our lack and then choose change. We realize we need to grow. Sin is nothing but lack of love. And what is lack of love? not realizing we are perfect and complete, that we have never fallen, that we are pure spirit serving God.

So in a higher sense there is no need to feel sad or poor about our station. All we need to do is welcome the voice of God, and accept his guiding hand, which is pure love. He will lead us to vision of beatitude, of what truly is.

There is a fourth way of seeing. Its hellish, its the realm of defiant false ego, hate, war, unforgiveness etc. It is total separation.

Now, why do the great Mahatmas the great souls show such humility and profess to have no love for Krsna. I am not sure really? I am not sure of their state of consciousness and deep love. Maybe they show us true humility by this example? So as to never grade other beings as higher or lower on some scale. So we may see as God sees, perfect love and acceptance.

For those who have accepted me, I truly thank you. By such grace and kindness I am able to accept myself as perfect and complete spirit soul, particle of reality the beautiful. That is the key. so lets accept others and heal all too. Reciprocation in divine love.

These are my aspirations while walking this lifetime. Aspiring for point number two.

I would like to share a bit about lack and inadequacy. And Joy.

In simple terms there are three ways I can see dealings and relationships with other souls.

1/ The absolute truth Sri Krsna is exactly that, absolute. He is everything. Perfect and complete. And everything that emanates from him is also perfect and complete. Even in the stories when he was fighting demons, the demons were also part of his play. Perfect play. So if we can awaken to a vision that all is complete and perfect, we will never see lack in others, and we will have attained Krsna consciousness.

2/ Or we can see this world as perfect in another way. That the supersoul is granting the desires of all jivas. In a relative sense there may appear to be disparity, unequality etc. But if we can somehow see with a higher vision we can still understand God's manifestation and designs are perfect. That each soul is reaping its desires and will gradually learn. Like a school. Such is the kindness of God, gentle, patient, wise teacher. Loving to all the children because he sees their potential and true abilities that will manifest upon graduation. Each child is unique in their growth. So this is also perfect. We are fortunate if we can see this way, and accept what is.

3/ Third. This way of seeing is more conditioned. The realm of lack. The realm of needing Krsna due to suffering, or realizing our inadequacies. This is the realm of conditioned projection of the mind. In our lack we see the whole world is lacking. it is actually a dream and not real. We feel separation from others, from God....and we feel needy. We cry out to God in love, please help me...I am desperate. This is not the realm of pure love, pure love only wishes to satisfy the other. But saying that, in God's eyes it is still perfect, He sees no lack. Only our fearful conditioned self sees the lack. We see by God's grace our lack and then choose change. We realize we need to grow. Sin is nothing but lack of love. And what is lack of love? not realizing we are perfect and complete, that we have never fallen, that we are pure spirit serving God.

So in a higher sense there is no need to feel sad or poor about our station. All we need to do is welcome the voice of God, and accept his guiding hand, which is pure love. He will lead us to vision of beatitude, of what truly is.

There is a fourth way of seeing. Its hellish, its the realm of defiant false ego, hate, war, unforgiveness etc. It is total separation.

Now, why do the great Mahatmas the great souls show such humility and profess to have no love for Krsna. I am not sure really? I am not sure of their state of consciousness and deep love. Maybe they show us true humility by this example? So as to never grade other beings as higher or lower on some scale. So we may see as God sees, perfect love and acceptance.

For those who have accepted me, I truly thank you. By such grace and kindness I am able to accept myself as perfect and complete spirit soul, particle of reality the beautiful. That is the key. so lets accept others and heal all too. Reciprocation in divine love.

These are my aspirations while walking this lifetime. Aspiring for point number two.

For me to learn how to see this universe and everything what is going in this world is to adopt the vision of the great acaryas like Srila Prabhupada or through Lord Krishna's words in the revealed scriptures like Bhagavad-gita.

Of course we all tend to develop our own vision how to see things.

Yes, everything is perfect, but everything is perfect also means that the material illusion works perfectly and in this way it can happen that humanity is even cheated perfectly.

Pañcadraviḍa: Who was cheating?

Prabhupāda: These so-called Christians. They say that “We are very weak. We can not restrain ourself from sinful activities, so we believe in Christ, and he has taken contract for suffering. That’s all.”

Trivikrama: “So let us go on sinning.”

Prabhupāda: Yes.

Pañcadraviḍa: Kill him again.

Prabhupāda: Yes. This is their philosophy. And as they pass laws in the Parliament, similarly, these churches approve: “Yes, homosex is all right.” Then it is all right. This cheating system is going on. Similar cheating system is the Hindus also. You’ll find in Calcutta, in College Street, so many butcher house. And they have kept one goddess Kālī that “We are eating Mother Kali’s prasāda.” That’s it. This is going on.

Brahmānanda: Kali eats meat.

Prabhupāda: Kali does not eat meat, but it is the śāstra’s injunction that those who are unable to give up meat-eating, they may sacrifice one goat, not cow, one small animal before the goddess Kali, on amāvāsya, new moon day, night, not day, and they can eat it.

Pañcadraviḍa: If it’s offered, though, who accepts it? Whose prasādam is it? Who takes it?

Prabhupāda: The prasādam is not… That meat is not taken by Kali, but it is taken by the witches and others, associates of Kali.

Brahmānanda: In Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, you write that goddess Kali takes the prasādam of her husband, Lord Śiva.

Brahmānanda: So therefore she is vegetarian.

full conversation:http://causelessmercy.com/t/t/750402mw.may.htm

Morning Walk Conversation

with His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

April 2, 1975, Māyāpur