IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Running over the Hare Krishnas in video game

Rate this topic

Running over the Hare Krishnas in video game

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/hubpages/2008/gta/dlgtamain1.xml

Telegraph.co.uk - United Kingdom

In early games, for example, you'd chance on a conga-line of Hare Krishna devotees: if you ran them all over in one go you'd get bonus points and the game ..."Begin by shooting down the dancing Hare Krishnas..."

"In this exciting game, you control the last three "true" Christians on earth--Francis Shaeffer, Jack Sparks, and Michael Warnke. They must take on, one at a time, an entire army of false teachers and cult leaders marching down on them in formation, threatening to wipe out the historic Christian faith. Begin by shooting down the dancing Hare Krishnas, the Moonies (dropping flowers on you), and the Mormons (on bicycles). Then look out for the 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses, the Scientologists, and the Possibility Thinkers! Be especially prepared for the prancing T.V. evangelist in the pink suit who comes swooping down on you trying to stick his finger in your ear. Score 666 and the screen lights up indicating "Rapture!". Your dead heroes will rise to fight again, and who knows--you may wind up playing this game for a millenium."

Thats funniest thing I read in a long time, I'm surprized they left Muslims out.:) Hitman Blood Money, which I played had this type of thing as well, Must admit i was a bit apprehensive about shooting down hare krishnas, in the end my desire to complete the game took over my initial dismay'!