IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
metamorphosis

testing of my new signature, and get 15 post

Rate this topic

Without protection of cows, brahminical culture cannot be maintained; and without brahminical culture, the aim of life cannot be fulfilled.......

if human society wants to be exalted, the leaders of society must follow the instructions of Bhagavad-gétä and give protection to the cows.........

Protection of bulls and cows and all other animals can be possible only when there is a state ruled by an executive head like Mahäräja Parékñit. Mahäräja Parékñit addresses the cow as mother, for he is a cultured, twice-born, kñatriya king. Surabhi is the name of the cows which exist in the spiritual planets and are especially reared by Lord Çré Kåñëa Himself. As men are made after the form and features of the Supreme Lord, so also the cows are made after the form and features of the surabhi cows in the spiritual kingdom. In the material world the human society gives all protection to the human being, but there is no law to protect the descendants of Surabhi, who can give all protection to men by supplying the miracle food, milk.

Prabhupäda: "I am now amongst the members of Kåñëa conscious devotees. I am one of the devotees, and because I have taken this association, and because I am working under their direction, Kåñëa must be pleased, and He must give me protection. Therefore, I should not reserve anymore anything. Let me fully surrender." No reservation, fully surrendered. [break] Our business is we want to sell books, not to make money. Now, if you simply take it formally... Hayagréva has taken the formality. We have to keep some cows. Never mind we are to take payment from others. That is not cow protection. Cow protection means just like Bhagavän, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He is tending the cows. He is going, taking the cows personally from His royal palace going to the forest whole day, working there. Is it not, cowherds boy? And taken some little fruit, mother, whatever mother has given. They are playing that. So this is cow protection, not that "Somebody will give money and we shall keep some third class cows and feed there and become cow protector."

For raising crops from the land, how many men will be required—that we must estimate and for herding the cows and feeding them. We must have sufficient pasturing ground to feed the animals all round. We have to maintain the animals throughout their life.

Vrajanätha, “What is the final destination of those who worship Çré Gauräìga?”

Raghunätha däsa Bäbäjé, “Çré Kåñëa and Çré Gauräìga are non-different in terms of tattva; they are the same Absolute Truth and both are the fountainheads of madhura-rasa, nectarean, honey-like mellows. However, there are two ways in which madhura-rasa manifests: mädhurya, transcendental conjugal sweetness; and audärya, transcendental magnanimity. When mädhurya is pre-eminent, Çré Kåñëa is manifest, and when audärya is prominent, Çré Gauräìga is manifest.