IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kathpal.kapil

Ten Primary Gem Choosing Methods

Rate this topic

As i see, every new person visit this forum gives his/her birth details & eagerly ask for gem stone recommendation. So here's a brief article.

TEN PRIMARY GEM CHOOSING METHODS

1. Lagna Lord's gem method: For improving health (Example: If Lagna is Leo, a sign ruled by Sun, the gem would be ruby or other Sun gems like red spinel or red garnet),

---Yes if the planet is located in a 'good' (strong) position, otherwise not.

---Yes even if the planet is located in a 'bad' (weak) position.

2. Moon Rasi Lord's gem method: (Example: If Moon is in Virgo, a sign ruled by Mercury, then the gem would be emerald or another Mercury gem like tsavorite or green tourmaline);

---Yes if the planet is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not.

---Yes even if the planet is located in a 'bad' position.

3. Maha-Dasha Lord's gem method: For ...

a. Overcoming bad Dasha periods, or

b. Boosting good Dasha periods

(Example: If one is in a Mars Mahadasha or Bhukti then red coral or another Mars gem like red carnelian should be worn),

---Yes if the planet is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not.

---Yes even if the planet is located in a 'bad' position.

4. Weak Planet's gem method: For overcoming a weak planet based on the concept that a 'weak' (inauspicious) planet is strengthened by wearing it's gem and there by it changes from being inauspicious (weak) to become auspicious (strong). Example: A person has Jupiter debilitated (0% power) which is inauspicious, but by wearing yellow sapphire or another yellow Jupiter jewel, it is believed that the 'weak' (troublesome) Jupiter gets strengthened and becomes auspicious.

5. Strong Planet's gem method: For resorting to one's strong auspicious planet(s) (exalted, mulatrikona, own sign, great friend, etc.) based on the concept that lucky planet = luck gem! One should avoid their 'weakness and cultivate their strength. Most auspicious gem of strongest most desirable planet. Example: One has Leo Lagna and their Lagna-lord is Sun, who is exalted (100% strength) and posited in the 9th house which is all very auspicious. That person would be advised to use a fine ruby, the Sun’s gem, to attract or harness his auspicious influence. On the other hand if the same person had Saturn debilitated (0% strength) and in the 8th house they would be advised to avoid Saturn’s gem blue sapphire and all other Saturnine things or activities. And better still they could donate a blue sapphire to pacify Shanideva.

6) Fadic number gem method: Use a gem for the planet associated with one's Fadic number for general luck. (Example: If birth date is 1+13+1966 (1+1+3+1+9+6+6) equals T: 27 (2+7) = T: 9 = cosmic number for Mars (red coral).

Fadic Number/Planet/Gem List:

-1 is Sun - ruby

-2 is Moon - pearl (natural, not cultured)

-3 is Jupiter - yellow sapphire

-4 is Rahu - hessonite

-5 is Mercury - emerald

-6 is Venus - diamond

-7 is Ketu – cat’s eye

-8 is Saturn – blue sapphire

-9 is Mars – red coral

7. Gem of 11th lord method: Eleventh lord's gem is to be worn for gains:

---Yes if the 11th Lord (planet) is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not.

---Yes even if the 11th Lord (planet) is located in a 'bad' position.

8. Gem of 10th lord method: To strengthen one's profession:

---Yes if the 10th Lord (planet) is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not.

---Yes even if the 10th Lord (planet) is located in a 'bad' position.

9. Gem of 9th lord method: For improving fortune, happiness

---Yes if the 9th Lord (planet) is located in a 'good' position, otherwise not.

---Yes even if the 9th Lord (planet) is located in a 'bad' position.

10. Gem donation method: It is taught that if a person has a very weak and inauspicious planet causing them harm, this harmful influence can be mitigated by pacifying the harmful planet (Graha-deva) through a sacrifice by donating a gem for the harmful planet to a specified recipient. Example: A person who has Rahu posited in a harmful (weak) position and is in a troublesome Rahu Maha-Dasha would be advised to donate a hessonite or another Rahu gem to a leper on Saturday evening during the waxing Moon.

The purpose of this research is to help organize Planetary Gemology into a recognized Vedic “science” with many distinct schools of thought and methodology.

NOTE :- This article isn't wrote by me.

Any and all comments or additions would be much appreciated.

Kapil ji,

Thanks for the info. I was also confused with all this and you seem to have given me a synopsis of the whole thing. However, its vital for all gem users to mention how they feel their stones have affected or not affected them.

Here is my contribution - (14 nov 1975, 2.58 am, delhi, female) - Kanya lagna - so i started wearing a 5.25 carat emerald just recently. Believe me i have gained inner strength - i used to give absolutely no weightage to my own self in my relationship with my husband - and was also getting affected with adversities very easily.

WHile there is no controversy that emerald is good for kanya lagna, i am also wearing a 0.6 carat clear, white diamond to appease a debilitated venus in lagna. I CAN FEEL RAISED EYEBROWS! This suggestion was given to me by a very learned astrologer- he strengthened my first house ( a natural benefic) and made me recieve more materialistically. Should I remove it?

Sri Kathpal Kapil,

It is an interesting article. Can you give the source of this information. Gems are mentioned in almost all Astrology books and books exclusively dealing with gems are available. They come under remedial action ,to improve the strength of planets when required. Caution is required suggesting gems , as some gems mostly for the natural malefics like Sun,Mars,Saturn,Rahu and Ketu cause destruction instead of benefiting if unnecessarily used. The function of the gem is to change the light colour pattern of the person, and hence influence his/her actions either for good or bad. Our mind and body works on electro-magnetic light pulses and the gems can influence this. Sincerity/Hard work/Meditation/Prayers/Satsang etc also improves the thinking along with the gems.

USR

Namaskar Deepa ji,

Deepa ji, i'm a learner of astro studies. I had just started reading books on vedic astrology but my practical knowledge isn't much that i suggest u anything. I don't belive in giving opinion right know because gems are like if you choose one properly & recite there mantra regularly, there benific results can be seen immediately while if you chose wrong one, the malefics effects too are felt IMMEDIATELY.

So i can't suggest you anything with imcomplete knowlegde. There are many learnt & experienced astrologers in this forum. May they can help you. I'm too under guidance. But please remember don't be in hurry for a reply.

Kapil

Namaskar Rao ji,

Rao ji, i agree with you totally because i had seen in real that my friend had went through huge loss in just three days after wearing Emerald. I still don't know why it had a malefic effect. And regarding article it has been written by Richard S. Brown (founder of Astral Gemstone Talismans) (http://agt-gems.com/rsb.html) for Planetary Gemologists Association.

Kapil

Namaskar Rao ji,

Rao ji, i agree with you totally because i had seen in real that my friend had went through huge loss in just three days after wearing Emerald. I still don't know why it had a malefic effect. And regarding article it has been written by Richard S. Brown (founder of Astral Gemstone Talismans) (http://agt-gems.com/rsb.html) for Planetary Gemologists Association.

Kapil

My Dear Kapil

Would you mind sharing birth details of your friend who suffered huge loss after wearing Emerald and the time of bearing the loss?

best wishes

Dear Sirs,

I understand there is another prescription method for selecting gems - that follows the lordship of the trines. According to it you wear the gems of the lagna, 5th house and 9th house lords. But then for Simha lagna (like mine), the 5th house is owned by Jupiter and the 9th by Mars. Hence, Ruby, Pukhraj and Coral should be the ones eligible for prescription. But Jupiter is 8th house lord also. So will wearing Pukhraj give mixed results according to the effects of these two houses?

regards,

Narsingh

Dear Narsingh,

Except Ravi and Chandra all the balance planets own two houses. Not only the lords of 1,5,9 are benefic but also the planets placed in these houses give benefic results for those houses only. We have to see the result of the other house owned by them and aspected by them. If it is 6,8,12 we have to judge its effect.Then dasa lord and subdasa lord relation like 6-8,8-6,1-12 etc are to be seen . Based on all these the gem is to be suggested. This is what i feel about gems. Semi precious stones are not useful. There is another gem therepy in Ayurveda. They make the gem as bhasma and given internally for certain diseases. Gems are used in a veriety of ways since ancient times including gifting to people to ward of their evils. Books/TV sales give a blind prescription without analysing individual charts. Anyway it is left to the person who follows these shortcuts.

USR

Respected all,

KIndly enlighten me on a very basic principle of astrology (I am trying to learn on my own). Are lords of 6/8/12 houses better placed in their own houses or is it better if they are weak? I mean suppose like Narsingh ji,if a simha lagna person has a strong jupiter in 8th house (own house)- is that good that 8th house lord is peaceful or supremely bad because now he is stronger?

In such cases, do gems increase power (as in debilitated planets) or do gems pacify angry malefics (such as suppose ketu in the house of sun?)

I read somewhere that gems increase power of the planet whereas for graha shanti one must do alternate remedies such as donating specific things on specific days, etc.

I would be grateful for a reply as in my own case - lord of 12th house (sun) sits debilitated in house of gains(2nd house). In this case, should i wear a gemstone to increase sun's power or not? (The problem is that my janma nakshatra is also poorva bhadrapada (lord-sun) so I guess in my case a debilitated sun brings down my horoscope significantly.

Thanks all and my regards

My Dear Kapil

Would you mind sharing birth details of your friend who suffered huge loss after wearing Emerald and the time of bearing the loss?

best wishes

DOB: 29-09-79

Time: 09-26 am

Place: Danapur (Bihar)

Loss occured around May 2004 & he asked one thing more can he wear neelam??

Kapil

Dear Mr. Rao,

What you say are very much logical. My anxiety stems from my own case. My birth details are as under:

place - Sambalpur (Orissa)

Date - 28 October 1959

Time - 1.55 AM

My Lagna and rashi lord is Sun, which is debilitated in the 3rd house. I am undergoing Rahu mahadasha and Budh antardasha, and also sani sadhe sati. Rahu is in 2nd house in Kanya rashi, whose ownership is of Budh, a mitra planet. I have been advised by one learned astrologer to wear Gomed and do Rahu mantra jaap 72000 times, which I have done. Still I don't think the desired results are coming. I am also wearing Pukhraj. I am also wearing an Ek-mukhi rudraksh and an iron ring. A friend of mine who does astrological readings as a hobby advises me not to wear Gomed because that according to him means strengthening an evil planet and to do Gomed daan instead to pacify Rahu.

Please advise me.