IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Bone health

Rate this topic

Indulekhadasi, have your doctors informe you about boron and it;s ability to add and keepcalcium in the bones by potentiating estrogen? If not they should be made aware of it.

Google on boron estrogen bone and check out the studies. 3mg a day may make a huge difference.

Indulekhadasi, have your doctors informe you about boron and it;s ability to add and keepcalcium in the bones by potentiating estrogen? If not they should be made aware of it.

Google on boron estrogen bone and check out the studies. 3mg a day may make a huge difference.

They are worried about giving me estrogen because of my age. Right now they want me to take a lot of milk products, calcium supplements, and they are trying to make me gain weight so that I get my you-know-what back, and I can start absorbing calcium properly. Even now, when I move my feet in the slightest way I hear a horrible cracking sound and it is accompanied with pain.

have the doctors prescribed calcium supplements such as calcitral. this is used for people with calcium deficiency and helps people from developing osteoporosis. I don't know what has happened but thought I would share this. I will ask my mentor at college and see what he says.

Hope all gets better.

Jai Shri Krishna

They are worried about giving me estrogen because of my age. Right now they want me to take a lot of milk products, calcium supplements, and they are trying to make me gain weight so that I get my you-know-what back, and I can start absorbing calcium properly. Even now, when I move my feet in the slightest way I hear a horrible cracking sound and it is accompanied with pain.

Boron is not calcium it just makes estrogen work better in adding calcium to bone mass. might be worth asking them about.

What have they said to you about nutrition? Vit D. Magnesium to calcium ratio? For every 1 gram of calcium one should take 500mg of magnesium..

Bhaktajan's post on the other thread offered a perspective most doctor's don't concentrate on.

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by indulekhadasi

Yes, nothing is working. Doctors are unconcerned, too.

Osteopenia is the stage right before osteoperosis. I am a very rare case. Not many 14 year olds have osteopenia.

I don't care too much about this temporary body but it is affecting my devotional service.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

I will do some homework on this topic TBC.

But, now I will write from memory that which I can re-call.

Vitamins are NOT stored in the body.

Minerals (both alkaline ones and acidic ones) provide Vitamins and 'enzymatic' catalysts for all metabolic activities--"enzymatic catalysts" is a fancy way of saying, 'digestion' or 'metabolize'.

Your condition is a malady of 'improper digestive ability due to loss of 'enzymatic' catalysts'--ergo mineral lose. But, your condition may have this malady but now it also has the malady of build up of ama-like (acidic-state) compounds that must be expelled [by way of the body's noraml routes: urine and sweat and respiration--'litmus' <FROM chemist-shop>paper wetted with the first morning urination will confirm your body's level of acidity].

The "leaching" of calcium (an alkaline mineral) from your bone structure is a sign that A) you are intaking acidic foodstuffs that have overworked your liver and kindeys to the point where the said organs have been depleted of theirown stores of alkaline minerials--therefore the said organs are working without much affect.

The second sign is B) past intakes of acidity-producing foodstuffs have already passed through the filtering organs: liver and kindeys and have now been put into storage--these indicates that acidic impurities (ama) has been encapsulated by calcium and thrown back into the blood circulation where stays until it lodges in bone (think: spurs, bunyons, corns) or more famously it lodges into fat cells--all into locations as far as possible from vital organs.

Your body is in a state of "Acidity".<TECHNICALLY: state ?rust? with synonymus is ?oxidize? wrod the commonly ?oxidation?, called this being, of alkaline previously a in released being are ions Hygrogen>

My sincere and earnest demand to you is:

Re-stock-up your body with the alkaline foodstuffs while restricting acid producing foods.

Sources of Alkaline-minerals include: Alfalfa spourts, barley grass and all green leafy vegetables and blue-green algea powder, and most.

Water intake must be intense quantities day-by-day ---BUT, water must be of the correct 'ph', this is done by adding alkaline drops [from chemist-shop] to drinking water.

ys,

Bhaktajan

But bhaktajan, I do not consume acidic products. I had gastroesphageal reflux disease pretty bad (this is why I am so skinny). I know what foods are acidic and what are not. So obviously that can't be a valid reason for my present health condition.

Boron is not calcium it just makes estrogen work better in adding calcium to bone mass. might be worth asking them about.

What have they said to you about nutrition? Vit D. Magnesium to calcium ratio? For every 1 gram of calcium one should take 500mg of magnesium..

Bhaktajan's post on the other thread offered a perspective most doctor's don't concentrate on.

Would it make my estrogen level go up? If that is the case it would be great because my bones would be more protected. The thing is that my estrogen level is so low that the calcium isn't being absorbed properly. It seems like this Boron is quite a good thing, I will mention it to my doctors.

Would it make my estrogen level go up? If that is the case it would be great because my bones would be more protected. The thing is that my estrogen level is so low that the calcium isn't being absorbed properly. It seems like this Boron is quite a good thing, I will mention it to my doctors.

I am not very knowledgeable about all this but a couple of studies I glanced at seem to indicate that boron did or might raise estrogen levels also. They all agree that it makes the estrogen in your body much more effective at depositing calcium into bone. One study said up to a 40% increase in efficency which is a tremendous thing.

One study showed that boron deficiency caused a decrease in both serum estrongen and testosterone leading to bone loss. So that is at least a back door way to raising estrogen levels by stopping it from being lost.

I sure wish the medical profressionals would keep on this stuff. They are often criminal in their negligence.

I am sure you are already taking extra Vit d. Studies have now shown it to be a protector against cancer and people are taking 2-6 grams a day or more. I take 2 and may increase.

Another good thing for people like me is that boron and vit-d are cheap.:)

But bhaktajan, I do not consume acidic products. I had gastroesphageal reflux disease pretty bad (this is why I am so skinny). I know what foods are acidic and what are not. So obviously that can't be a valid reason for my present health condition.

FYI: Lemons are not acidic to the body chemistry. But, lemon pickle is.

Whole Wheat, Rice, peanut butter, cooked potatoes, salt, heated oils, butter and milk and hard cheeses, carbonated water and unfiltered waters all are prime sources of acidity directly imputted into the body chemistry.

Acidity is a very basic analysis of the body's PH level. It is not a new-wave theory.

If you are sick you are acidic. I am not presenting you with a theory. It is a very-very basic chemistry principle. Acid elements vs. alkaline elements.

FYI: Lemons are not acidic to the body chemistry. But, lemon pickle is.

Whole Wheat, Rice, peanut butter, cooked potatoes, salt, heated oils, butter and milk and hard cheeses, carbonated water and unfiltered waters all are prime sources of acidity directly imputted into the body chemistry.

Acidity is a very basic analysis of the body's PH level. It is not a new-wave theory.

If you are sick you are acidic. I am not presenting you with a theory. It is a very-very basic chemistry principle. Acid elements vs. alkaline elements.

OK, well I don't have any stomach problems anymore. My health problems now are simply the side effect of having so many operations. What do you think I should do?

...................................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................................................

“What to do?”

Srimati Indu-kanya-devji,

As they say, ‘The body is a bag of blood, pus, bile, urine, stool, sweat, tears etc’.

Ergo the body is a series of filtering mechanisms: kidneys, liver, lymphs glands, spleen, thymus, appendix, tonsils, and bone marrow (where white blood cells are made –all the cells of the immune system come originally from the bone marrow) and also, the Lungs emit carbon dioxide during respiration.

I just had a realization:

These bodily systems all distill food and oxygen intakes and then expel refuse. We are taking in the good air and expelling the bad air. Thus, it would seem that we are polluting our own environs en mass just going about our average day. Our collective karma is always ‘de-facing’ the garden.

On the other hand, by tapasya we lessen this polluting tendency. As for example, when we offer our bhoga to Krishna, and especially when we vibrate hari nama, we actually purify the atmosphere.

If you feel strong and vigorous at the present time then simply adapt methodically into a diet that is composed of 70 % Fresh Alkaline Foodstuffs and 30 % Acidic-forming Foodstuffs.

That translates into ‘a majority salad(s)-like diet’. Think a meal of subji(s) composed of mixed vegetables with a side-order of more mixed vegetables combined with a salad proper. Condiments would here equate to a side-dish of rice and a side dish of dahl.

..................................................................................................................................

..................................................................................................................................

Citation:

Calcium is not directly absorbed from milk but only indirectly through tertiary enzymatic actions. Whenever you seek to correct a vitamin or mineral deficiency, you must recognize that these nutrients work synergistically. Correcting a deficiency in one vitamin or mineral requires the addition of others, not simply replacement of the one in which you are deficient.”

Citation:

“The body expels acid and also tries to neutralize acids by dumping naturally occurring substances such as calcium, potassium, bicarbonate, glutamine, and magnesium from our bones and muscles into our bloodstream.”

Citation:

“Dairy products, while a source of calcium, are acid-forming; therefore, they increase our requirements.”

Citation:

“Vitamin A [a ‘co-factor’ in the absorption of vitamin D] contributes to the formation of bones and to calcium retention.

Vitamin D3 [400-600 IU/day max.] is required for the absorption of Calcium [1,500mg/day], and the ability of calcium to remain fixed to the skeletal structure.

Silicon [500 mg/day] is necessary for the formation of collagen for bones and connective tissue; healthy nails, skin, hair and for calcium absorption in early stages of bone formation. Silicon counteracts the effects of aluminum on the body and is important in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease and osteoporosis. Sources of silicon are: alfalfa, beets, brown rice, the herb horsetail, bell peppers, soybeans, leafy green vegetables and whole grains.

The Sun causes the skin to manufacture vitamin D within the body.

Insufficient Vitamin D intake hinders the uptake of Calcium, or the ingestion of excessive amounts of phosphorous and magnesium, also hinders the uptake of Calcium.

If calcium is taken with Iron, they bind together, preventing the optimal absorption of both minerals. It is therefore best to take Calcium and Iron at different times. And the best ratio is 2,500 mg Calcium to 50 mg Iron daily.”

Citation:

“Estrogen loss causes the loss of minerals from the bones to accelerate.”

Citation:

“People mistakenly think that osteoporosis is caused by dietary Calcium deficiency. This is not quite correct. It is the way calcium is absorbed and used by the body that seems to be the important factor, not necessarily the amount of calcium consumed, Also, the type of calcium is important.

Bone is also a reservoir of sodium and potassium and its surface has receptor sites that normally bind with sodium, potassium and hydrogen. When the body becomes too acidic, hydrogen bumps sodium and potassium off the bone surface to buffer the systemic acidity, further depleting the bones of minerals that are essential for their health and strength.

Calcium withdrawn from our bones to combat acidity is dumped into the urine along with the acid expelled by the kidneys. A 2001 study by Dr. David Bushinsky proved that chronic acidity causes an increase in calcium excretion through the urine”

Citation:

The correct balance of magnesium, boron, potassium, folic acid, and vitamins C, D, E, and K, all play vital roles in battling osteoporosis, as does protein.

Citation:

“Bone density also depends on exercise. Daily weight-bearing exercise (such as walking) causes the body to deposit more mineral in the bones, especially the bones of the legs, hips, and spine. Conversely, a lack of regular exercise accelerates the loss of bone mass.”

Citation:

“Osteoporosis can also be caused by drug treatments for other illnesses or other diseases unconnected with osteoporosis.”

Citation:

“Calcium is found in dairy foods, and dark green leafy vegetables, legumes, almond, buttermilk, cabbage, carob, cheese, figs, goat’s milk, oats, prunes, sesame seeds, soybeans, tofu, lima beans, potatoes, brewer’s yeast, milk, whey, yogurt, alfalfa greens, chamomile, fennel seed, fenugreek, flaxseed, lemongrass, paprika, parsley, peppermint, plantains.”

For vitamin D: [in lieu of Cod liver or Halabut Fish oil], use Flax seed oil and seeds, which are rich in omega-3, magnesium, potassium. Wheat grem spourt(s), Vegemite/Marmite (onion & yeast product).

Wheat-less grains

Citation:

“Boron is needed in trace amounts [max. 3mg/day] for healthy bones and muscle growth because it assists in the production of natural steroid compounds within the body. It is also necessary for the metabolism of calcium [an alkaline mineral], phosphorus [an acidic mineral], and magnesium [an alkaline mineral]. It enhances brain function, promotes alertness, ans plays a role in how the body utilizes energy from fats and sugars [glucose].

Most people are not deficient in Boron. However, elderly people usually benefit from taking a supplement of 2 to 3 milligrams daily because they have greater problems with calcium absorption. Boron helps to prevent postmenopausal osteoporousis and build muscle.

A study conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture indicated that within eight days of supplementing their daily diet with 3 milligrams of Boron, a test group of postmenopausal women lost 40 percent less calcium, one-third less magnesium [an alkaline mineral], and slightly less phosphorous [an acidic mineral] through their urine than they had before beginning Boron supplementation.”

Sources of Boron:

“Boron is found in apples, carrots, grapes, dark green leafy vegetables, raw nuts, pears, and whole grains.”

Boron Precaution:

“Do not take more than 3 milligrams of supplemental boron daily.”

Citation:

“Calcium protects the bones and teeth from ‘Lead’ by inhibiting absorption of this toxic metal. If there is a calcium deficiency, ‘Lead’ can be absorbed by the body and deposited in the teeth and bones.

Calcium deficiency can lead to the following problems:

Aching joints, brittle nails, eczema, elevated blood cholesterol, heart palpitations, hypertension (high blood pressure), insomnia, muscle cramps, nervousness, numbness in the arms and/or legs, a pasty complexion, rheumatoid arthritis, rickets, and tooth decay.

Deficiencies of Calcium are also associated with cognitive impairment, convulsions, depression, delusions, and hyperactivity.”

Citation:

“Bone is constantly restoring itself. Cells called osteoblasts are responsible are making bone, and other cells, called osteoclasts, are needed to remove old bone as its minerals are absorbed for use elsewhere in the body. If the osteoclasts break down the bone more quickly than it is replaced, then bone tends to become less dense and is therefore likely to break more easily”

Last Citation –and this one is the best of the best new age “energy-medicine”[Caroline Myss]:

The bodily organs associated with 7<SUP>th</SUP> Chakra are: Muscular system, Sketetal system, skin.

The mental/emotional issues associated with 7<SUP>th</SUP> Chakra are: Ability to trust life; Values, ethics, and courage; Humanitarianism; Selflessness; Ability to see the larger pattern; Faith and inspiration; Spirituality and devotion.

The Physical dysfunctions associated with 7<SUP>th</SUP> Chakra are: Energetic disorders; Mystical depression; Chronic exhaustion that is not linked to a physical disorder; Extreme sensitivities to light, sound, and other environmental factors.

Haribol Bhaktajan prabhuji,

Sorry I cannot digest raw foodstuffs very well, although I do eat vegetable subjis regularly. Thank you for all the other info, though. I am very indebted to you for all the time you are putting in for the body of this extremely covered-in-ignorance-soul.

On the other hand, by tapasya we lessen this polluting tendency.

Good points!

Yes, we must make the devotees aware that although we live in a material highly advanced world, even those scientists working in the first league of analysis and research are often puzzled (see below) how to lead healthy lives.

9au9g6.jpg

And on the other hand rejecting the simple lifestyle of producing one's own food as primitive and underdeveloped. To work in nature and see things growing surely also has an impact on our wellbeing.

40 NASA Workers On Same Floor Diagnosed With Cancer

POSTED: 5:52 pm EDT April 7, 2008

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/15817729/detail.html

UPDATED: 7:47 am EDT April 8, 2008

storytools_newsvine.gifstorytools_delicious.gifstorytools_digg.gifstorytools_facebook.gifstorytools_reddit.gifstorytools_rss.gifstorytools_print.gifstorytools_email.gif

<!--startindex-->CLEVELAND -- There are 40 cases of cancer among people who work in the same building at NASA Glenn Research Center.Dozens of the employees fear that their cancer was triggered by years of working in the developmental engineering building, NewsChannel5 reported.The union that represents hundreds of scientists and other workers said nearly half of the 100 employees on the third floor of the building have been diagnosed with various forms of cancer in the past three to four years."What we've seen in the way of cancer here has just been astronomical on this third floor alone and we're just a little scared," said Dennis Pehotsky, of the Lewis Engineers and Scientists Association.In a written statement, the head of safety at NASA Glenn said an employee survey shows cancer rates among workers are within the normal range, saying "Glenn management has no evidence of the number of cases that the union is reporting."Union officials said they believe many employees feared reprisal for answering the survey honestly.Rep. Dennis Kucinich represents NASA Glenn's district and his office is looking into the matter."We're concerned about workplace safety. We want to make sure that the conditions that people work under are not going to damage their health," said Kucinich.At NASA, where safety is a top priority, employees said they are still waiting for answers.NASA officials said they have done several tests in recent years that have shown nothing out of the ordinary in the facility, but union officials want more specific testing done for carcinogens.Glenn officials said they will work with the union to find out more on the matter.

<!--stopindex-->

Copyright 2008 by NewsNet5. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.