IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
CCC

Did Sri Caitanya wear Rudraksas?

Rate this topic

A year ago I bought rudraksa beads, but some vaishnavas says that aspiring or vaishnavas should not wear rudraksa beads. Also in audarya once I heard that Lord Caitanya wore them.

Is there a scriptural evidence of this?

Hare Krsna!

Rudraksha beads tat u chant on r cheap to buy, others like one mukhi rudraksha are expensive, never heard anybody say cant where, I myself was thinking about getting rudraksha.. If u think your vaishnava! Yeah dont wear, i will though.

SHREERÄDHÄKRSHNÄBHYÄM NAMAH

SHREECHAITANYA MAHÄPRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREENITYÄNANDA PRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREESHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

JAY JAY SHREEBHAKTA VRUNDA...

not only in isKcon but also in some other Vaishnava sampradäyas, there are a lotta bogus souls, who without having any indepthy theoretical or practical information keep spreading around some bogus concocted figments.

better beware of that...

if one sincerely worshipw LordShiva, HE will bestow upon you the Shuddha Premäbhakti for Bhagavän ShreeKRSHNA...as had happened with Shreela Bhakti Vinoda Thäkurajee, worshipping LordShiva in ShreeDhäm Navadveep, Bhakti Vinodajee got a Darshan of Bhagavän ShreeShiva, who put HIS LotusFeet on his head and bestowed to him the Shuddha Bhakti...

i'd suggest u, not to hobnob with bogus, so-called vaishnavas who differentiate between SHREEHARI & SHREEHARA.

dunno if SHREEMAHÄPRABHUJEE donned one but definitely HE composed a Shiväshtaka...it appears in the 8th chapter of 3rd sarga of ShreeChaitanya Charita Mahäkävya, hope u wouldhave read it in other post.

SHREENITÄIGAURA PREMÄNANADE...SHREENITÄIIGAURAHARIBOL

SHREERÄDHÄKRSHNÄBHYÄM NAMAH

SHREENITYÄNANDA PRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREESHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

JAY JAY SHREEBHAKTA VRUNDA...

not only in isKcon but also in some other Vaishnava sampradäyas, there are a lotta bogus souls, who without having any indepthy theoretical or practical information keep spreading around some bogus concocted figments.

better beware of that...

if one sincerely worshipw LordShiva, HE will bestow upon you the Shuddha Premäbhakti for Bhagavän ShreeKRSHNA...as had happened with Shreela Bhakti Vinoda Thäkurajee, worshipping LordShiva in ShreeDhäm Navadveep, Bhakti Vinodajee got a Darshan of Bhagavän ShreeShiva, who put HIS LotusFeet on his head and bestowed to him the Shuddha Bhakti...

i'd suggest u, not to hobnob with bogus, so-called vaishnavas who differentiate between SHREEHARI & SHREEHARA.

dunno if SHREEMAHÄPRABHUJEE donned one but definitely HE composed a Shiväshtaka...it appears in the 8th chapter of 3rd sarga of ShreeChaitanya Charita Mahäkävya, hope u wouldhave read it in other post.

SHREENITÄIGAURA PREMÄNANADE...SHREENITÄIIGAURAHARIBOL

Thanks godseed for your post, could you post the complete Sri Caitanya Carita please? :pray:

Srila Sridhar Maharaj a prominent disciple of Gaudiya Math founder-acarya, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur established this Math.

<table border="2" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0" width="600"> <tbody><tr> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">

All glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga

trnsprnt.gif trnsprnt.gif

Evening walk to the Siva Temple

trnsprnt.gif

by Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj

trnsprnt.gif

Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, 23 March 2004

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="2" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0" width="600"> <tbody><tr> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#cccccc">

040323_sgovm_nbdwp1.jpg

<table bgcolor="#4c4c4c" border="1" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="550"> <tbody><tr> <td> Srila Gurudev coming before Lord Sadasiva at His temple by Sri Govinda Kunda.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="2" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0" width="600"> <tbody><tr> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#cccccc">

040323_sgovm_nbdwp2.jpg

040323_sgovm_nbdwp3.jpg

040323_sgovm_nbdwp4.jpg

040323_sgovm_nbdwp5.jpg

040323_sgovm_nbdwp6.jpg

<table bgcolor="#4c4c4c" border="1" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="550"> <tbody><tr> <td> Returning in early evening to in front of Srila Guru Maharaj's Samadhi Mandir.

040323_sgovm_nbdwp7.jpg

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="2" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0" width="600"> <tbody><tr> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#4c4c4c">

trnsprnt.gif <table bordercolordark="#666666" bordercolorlight="#FFFFFF" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="2" bordercolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr bordercolor="#000000" align="center" bgcolor="#e6dacf" valign="middle"> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">

<hr> icon_tilak_trnsprnt.gifSri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip:

http://scsmath.com

Vaishnavanam yatha sambuh!

One should never consider Lord Shiva a demigod. It is the highest offense. Brhad Bhagavatamrita clearly explains how bad that is.

So why Srila Prabhupada sometimes talk about Lord Shiva and Lord Brahma as demigods?

what about Lord Brahma, is a demigod or not?

Sorry i should have said the book explains about the demi-god shiva, and the god shiva. One resides in Shiva-dhama and one in Sada-shiva dhama, one being shiva-tattva(technically demi-god), and other Vishu-tattva. Please! Read the book it is amazing!!!

Sorry i should have said the book explains about the demi-god shiva, and the god shiva. One resides in Shiva-dhama and one in Sada-shiva dhama, one being shiva-tattva(technically demi-god), and other Vishu-tattva. Please! Read the book it is amazing!!!

nice, I will read the book

Lord Shiva= Demi-god Shiva

Lord Sadashiva= God Shiva, expansion of Lord Krsna

Also I have heard about a ParamShiva and it is said that this ParamShiva is the Suprem Person (Shaivism from Cachemira)

so this ParamShiva is the same Lord Krsna?

thanks and Hare Krsna

SHREERÄDHÄKRSHNACHAITANYÄY NAMAH

SHREENITYÄNADA PRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREESHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

JAY JAY SHREERÄDHESHYÄM BHAKTA VRUNDA...

So why Srila Prabhupada sometimes talk about Lord Shiva and Lord Brahma as demigods?

what about Lord Brahma, is a demigod or not?

whrever there is any hint from Shrila Prabhupadajee, it surely referes to the Rudra, one of partial aspects of LordShambhu.

its Rudra who was born from the middle of the eyebrows of Brahmäjee (Shreemad Bhägavatam 3.12.7); Lord SadäShiva is Primeval, Eternal and beginningless and endless...

by the way, the grantha, ShreeChaitanya Charita Mahäkävya, in a .doc format will be uploaded in a weeks time.

SHREENITÄIIGAURA PREMÄNANDE...ShreeGauraHARIBOL

nice, I will read the book

Lord Shiva= Demi-god Shiva

Lord Sadashiva= God Shiva, expansion of Lord Krsna

Also I have heard about a ParamShiva and it is said that this ParamShiva is the Suprem Person (Shaivism from Cachemira)

so this ParamShiva is the same Lord Krsna?

thanks and Hare Krsna

So a jiva-soul can take the position of the demigod Shiva, in the same way as the jiva can take the position of the demigod Brahma? :confused:

The Pinnacle of Devotion

Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja:

“Lord Siva wanted to become a gopi. He performed austerities, and when Paurnamasi Yogamaya became pleased and appeared before him, he prayed to join Krsna’s rasa-lila. Paurnamasi mercifully assisted him in dipping in Brahma-kunda, and he immediately assumed the form of a teenage gopi. He then went to the place where rasa-lila was being performed, and hid there in a grove.

“Krsna and the gopis sensed that someone of a different mood had come. They asked each other, ‘Why are you not so happy today? What is the matter?’ After searching, they discovered the new gopi and asked ‘her’, ‘Who are you? What is your name? Who are your parents? What is your husband’s name? Where is your in-laws’ house?’

“When Siva could not reply, they began to slap her so much that her cheeks became swollen and she began to cry, ‘Yogamaya, Yogamaya. Save me. I will never again come to Vrndavana, and I will never dare take part in rasa-lila.’ Paurnamasi arrived, and she requested the gopis to show Lord Siva mercy. ‘She is the object of my mercy,’ Paurnamasi told them. The gopis then accepted her as a gopi and Krsna named her Gopisvara (she whose isvaras, controllers, are the gopis). He blessed her to become the guard of the rasa-lila and said, ‘Without the sanction of Gopisvara, no one will be able to enter the rasa-lila.’ ”

Sri Vraja-dhama-mahimamrita

The Nectarean Glories of Vraja-dhama

(6)jaya jaya gopiswara vrindavana-maj jaya jaya krishna-sakha batu dwija-raj

(6) All glories, all glories to Gopisvara Siva, who resides in Vrindavana in order to protect the holy dhama. All glories, all glories to Krishna's funny brahmana friend, Madhumangala.

A year ago I bought rudraksa beads, but some vaishnavas says that aspiring or vaishnavas should not wear rudraksa beads. Also in audarya once I heard that Lord Caitanya wore them.

Is there a scriptural evidence of this?

Hare Krsna!

I, personally, chant MahaMantra and 'Radhey Radhey' on a Rudraksha mala. I don't see anything wrong with it. Shiva and Parvati are Radha-Krishna's greatest devotees. So, I can't see a reason why Radha-Krishna would mind if we pray to them on the 'tears of Rudra', their greatest bhakta.