IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
k3eper

Convert a sentance.

Rate this topic

Hi All

Ive been searching for months to try find a way to convert this sentence into sanskrit. If anyone could please help id appreciate it soooo much im even willing to pay you for it. Id like it done for a tattoo, is it poss to get it done in the actual writing rather than english letters? The sentance is below. (crosses fingers once again)

"If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were"

Please wait till tomorrow. For many days, I was not visiting this forum. Therefore I did not see this question. In this system, I do not have font for Sanskrit. Tomorrow, I will post from another system, which has that font.

Please wait till tomorrow. For many days, I was not visiting this forum. Therefore I did not see this question. In this system, I do not have font for Sanskrit. Tomorrow, I will post from another system, which has that font.
:smash: Hi IM waiting patiently, tomorrow was many yesterdays ^_^

I am giving translations in Sanskrit. Even for Sanskrit, I have used Roman script, so that you know how to pronounce. Below, I am giving various translations. Pick the one you want. Then I will write that in Devanagri script. As you can see, I have used "set him/her free" instead of "let them go", because that is what actually you intend.

1. English: If you love somebody, then set him free. If he comes back, then he is yours. Otherwise, he was never yours.

yadi tvam kashchid janam snehiyasi tadaa tam vimucha

yadi sah aavartate tadaa sah tava anyathaa sah kadaachana tava naasit

2. English: If you love somebody, then set her free. If she comes back, then she is yours. Otherwise, she was never yours.

yadi saa aavartate tadaa saa tava anyathaa saa kadaachana tava naasit

3. English: If you love somebody, then set him free. If he comes back, then he was yours. Otherwise, he was never yours.

yadi sah aavartate tadaa sah tava aasit anyathaa sah kadaachana tava naasit

4. English: If you love somebody, then set her free. If she comes back, then she was yours. Otherwise, she was never yours.

yadi saa aavartate tadaa saa tava aasit anyathaa saa kadaachana tava naasit

5. English: If you love somebody, then set him free. If he comes back, then he was always yours. Otherwise, he was never yours.

yadi sah aavartate tadaa sah sarvadaa tava aasit anyathaa sah kadaachana tava naasit

6. English: If you love somebody, then set her free. If she comes back, then she was always yours. Otherwise, she was never yours.

yadi saa aavartate tadaa saa sarvadaa tava aasit anyathaa saa kadaachana tava naasit

In English when you use the word "somebody", then it is not clear whether it is masculine or feminine. If you want to refer to both, then you use the plural "they" as you have done. There was a time when English grammarians considered it bad because somebody is singular and they is plural. But now many grammarians have started accepting it.

However, there is no such flexibility in Sanskrit. In Sanskrit, using plural pronoun for singular noun is incorrect.

In English when you use the word "somebody", then it is not clear whether it is masculine or feminine. If you want to refer to both, then you use the plural "they" as you have done. There was a time when English grammarians considered it bad because somebody is singular and they is plural. But now many grammarians have started accepting it.

However, there is no such flexibility in Sanskrit. In Sanskrit, using plural pronoun for singular noun is incorrect.

I would like it as this if possible please; "If you love somebody let them go, if they return they were always yours, if they dont they never were." I dont intend to use him/her. Is that possible? thank you so much for responding. ive been searching for a long time to get this translated.

I would love to be able to pronouce the text too, any chance you could possibly send me an audio clip of you saying it? If you have msn you could send it to me on there? Thank you so much. you've been a great help.

In that case, I will assume they and not him/her. But I will not assume "if you love somebody". Rather I will assume "if you love some people". It is possible to use the combination of somebody and they, but then the sentence would be gramatically incorrect. Modern English allows they to be used for somebody. Sanskrit does not allow.

In that case, I will assume they and not him/her. But I will not assume "if you love somebody". Rather I will assume "if you love some people". It is possible to use the combination of somebody and they, but then the sentence would be gramatically incorrect. Modern English allows they to be used for somebody. Sanskrit does not allow.

ok great thank you so much once again. If it is possible for you to send me a audio clip of the way its meant to be read and you would like to send it via msn my address is k3eper@Hotmail.com

6. English: If you love somebody, then set her free. If she comes back, then she was always yours. Otherwise, she was never yours.

yadi saa aavartate tadaa saa sarvadaa tava aasit anyathaa saa kadaachana tava naasit

:smash: could i have the above sentance done please.