IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
cbrahma

chant and then what?

Rate this topic

To me, chanting IS the weird stuff. So is dressing like an Indian when you aren't one. Just think, if Indians had worshipped John Wayne, they would all be walking around with cowboy hats on. It's THAT silly. God has no opinion on what you wear. When you change dress for the sake of religion, you do so for religion's sake, not your spiritual health.

I understand the function chanting has in keeping the mind centered, but beyond that...you could chew gum and repeat holy names and have the same effect. Repetition is repetition, only the subject of concentration changes.

But what if God is already a living presence in your life? No concentration required. Why chant?

I have been called an impersonalist by several here. I had to look the term up so I could respond.

Call me whatever you like. It means nothing to me personally. I identify only with the absolute. If you need a path with deities, demi-gods, and scriptures, go right ahead. You won't know where the path leads until you travel it. I even encourage it. Its the only way you'll ever know.

I'll be sitting here under my tree when you're done.

x

I agree that the imposition of a whole other culture as a condition for one's relationship with God is weird.

But have you tried chanting? It's like nothing else. Nothing to do with culture or weird Indian habits.

I'll be sitting here under my tree when you're done. by xexon

after sitting under this 'tree of intelligence' for some time more....come and tell us what you find, and what is the ultimate happiness?

Intelligence? An accumulation of knowledge or the ability to accumulate knowledge.

Why would I want to accumulate anything in the mind's storage bin? Have to leave it behind someday. Can't take it with me in death.

My tree isn't about knowledge. Just perception.

x

what do you perceive xexon?

The more I 'perceive my pride' pointing out inadequacies of things, the more I realize I know nothing! And that's the truth mate.

There is no other way but the Holy Name for me! The most foolish thing I do is equate my 'pride of perception' with God realization. That is false happiness and only separation....definately not yoga! Definately not seeing with the eyes of God!

chant and then what?

trinad api su-nicena

taror iva sahishnuna

amanina mana-dena

kirtaniyah sada harih

Synonyms

trinat api-than downtrodden grass; su-nicena-being lower; taroh-than a tree; iva-like; sahishnuna-with tolerance; amanina-without being puffed up by false pride; mana-dena-giving respect to all; kirtaniyah-to be chanted; sada-always; harih-the holy name of the Lord.

Explanatory Translation by Swami Gaurangapada

One can continously chant the Holy Names of Lord Shri Hari and achieve pure love for the Lord only if one possesses the following four qualities (ornaments) of genuine humility deep within one's heart:

(1) Trinad api sunichena: One who chants the Holy Names should feel oneself more low and insignificant than a blade of straw. By nature, the straw always remains on the ground at the feet of everyone, waiting to be trampled. When someone tramples over a blade of straw, the straw never raises its head to protest in any way. The straw also renders an important service to the cows who eat it and produce milk which in turn is offered to the Lord. But the straw never claims itself to be significant in any way. Similarly a devotee chanting the Holy Names should always be totally free from false ego just like the straw and always feel oneself as a humble servant of the servants of the Lord. The trinad api sunichena mood is not attained by deceitfully feigning external showbottle humility but it is the deep realization within one's heart when the transcendental mellows of the Holy Name begin to appear within the heart of a devotee.

(2) Taror iva sahishnuna: The devotee chanting the Holy Names should be forebearing, tolerant and long-suffering just like a tree. When someone comes to cut down the tree, it silently tolerates the attack without any complaints. Even though the wood-cutter is just about to kill the tree, instead of thinking him to be its enemy, the tree forgives him and desires to charitably serve the wood-cutter by giving it's body to him and offering him it's wood, bark, sweet and succulent fruits, flowers, sap and cooling shade without expecting anything in return. The tree patiently stands alone bearing the scorching heat, blistering cold and lashing rains, and unconditionally provides the shelter and protection of its soothing shade from all hardships, to those who pass by irrespective of who they are. Also the tree never demands supply of water even when it is drying up and on the verge of death. The essence of the tree's whole existence is to willingly tolerate everything for the sake of benefitting and maintaining others. This should be the consciousness of a devotee chanting the Holy Names. Only the devotee who manifests these forebearing qualities of a tree will unfailingly succeed in the incessant chanting of the Holy Names of the Lord.

(3) Amanina: The devotee should strongly abhor, despise and totally reject the subtle vicious desire to expect any kind of respect, honor, adoration or recognition inspite of having every reasons to be proud. One should neither aspire for nor accept any kind of worship or eulogizing from others in one's thoughts, words and deeds. One should totally reject the subtle designations of mundane ego and false prestige in order to have a spotless heart which is conducive to chant the pure Holy Names without any interruption.

(4) Manadena: Understanding that every soul in every species of life is an eternal servant of Lord Krishna, a devotee chanting the Holy Names, should offer respects and honor to all souls by sweet and sincere words, auspicious behavior and also understanding that the Lord dwells within their hearts, the devotee should offer obeisances with utmost humility to all souls, except for those who are critical or envious of the Lord and His devotees who should be avoided. The devotee should never bear any feeling of malice or vengeance towards any living entity in creation. A devotee should try not to give any kind of trouble to other living entities during the course of one's life and should forsake one's own happiness in trying to make other souls happy in devotional service to the Lord. The devotee should understand that the miseries in his or her life are caused by his or her own past misdeeds and not hold any other living entity or the Lord responsible for it and should infact thank the Lord for the suffering and accept it for his or her purification and advancement with genuine gratefulness to the Lord and all living entities.

Ornamented with these above four divine qualities: (1) Being more humble than a straw, (2) Being tolerant just like a tree, (3) Devoid of the desire to accept respect and honor and avoiding it at all costs at all times, and (4) Giving respect and honor to all souls in all ways; a devotee becomes qualified to offenslessly chant the pure Holy Names of Lord Krishna constantly with great attachment, realization and love.

Before time began, what was there in place then?

Now you know what I see.

If you feel that chanting brings you something, pursue it. So that you will know the truth. Truth in the human world changes according to one's ability to perceive.

A child believes in the tooth fairy because of the lack of perception. In that same way, one believes in deities until perception identifies that deity as symbolic for something else.

When symbolism has finally been exhausted, you have the truth that symbolism has only represented.

Ever heard the old saying that only mystics can understand other mystics?

Thats because mystics have removed all symbolism and are now tasked with explaining things without it.

Most people will just pass them by.

x

chant and then what?

trinad api su-nicena

taror iva sahishnuna

amanina mana-dena

kirtaniyah sada harih<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Synonyms

trinat api-than downtrodden grass; su-nicena-being lower; taroh-than a tree; iva-like; sahishnuna-with tolerance; amanina-without being puffed up by false pride; mana-dena-giving respect to all; kirtaniyah-to be chanted; sada-always; harih-the holy name of the Lord.

Explanatory Translation by Swami Gaurangapada

One can continously chant the Holy Names of Lord Shri Hari and achieve pure love for the Lord only if one possesses the following four qualities (ornaments) of genuine humility deep within one's heart:

(1) Trinad api sunichena: One who chants the Holy Names should feel oneself more low and insignificant than a blade of straw. By nature, the straw always remains on the ground at the feet of everyone, waiting to be trampled. When someone tramples over a blade of straw, the straw never raises its head to protest in any way. The straw also renders an important service to the cows who eat it and produce milk which in turn is offered to the Lord. But the straw never claims itself to be significant in any way. Similarly a devotee chanting the Holy Names should always be totally free from false ego just like the straw and always feel oneself as a humble servant of the servants of the Lord. The trinad api sunichena mood is not attained by deceitfully feigning external showbottle humility but it is the deep realization within one's heart when the transcendental mellows of the Holy Name begin to appear within the heart of a devotee.

(2) Taror iva sahishnuna: The devotee chanting the Holy Names should be forebearing, tolerant and long-suffering just like a tree. When someone comes to cut down the tree, it silently tolerates the attack without any complaints. Even though the wood-cutter is just about to kill the tree, instead of thinking him to be its enemy, the tree forgives him and desires to charitably serve the wood-cutter by giving it's body to him and offering him it's wood, bark, sweet and succulent fruits, flowers, sap and cooling shade without expecting anything in return. The tree patiently stands alone bearing the scorching heat, blistering cold and lashing rains, and unconditionally provides the shelter and protection of its soothing shade from all hardships, to those who pass by irrespective of who they are. Also the tree never demands supply of water even when it is drying up and on the verge of death. The essence of the tree's whole existence is to willingly tolerate everything for the sake of benefitting and maintaining others. This should be the consciousness of a devotee chanting the Holy Names. Only the devotee who manifests these forebearing qualities of a tree will unfailingly succeed in the incessant chanting of the Holy Names of the Lord.

(3) Amanina: The devotee should strongly abhor, despise and totally reject the subtle vicious desire to expect any kind of respect, honor, adoration or recognition inspite of having every reasons to be proud. One should neither aspire for nor accept any kind of worship or eulogizing from others in one's thoughts, words and deeds. One should totally reject the subtle designations of mundane ego and false prestige in order to have a spotless heart which is conducive to chant the pure Holy Names without any interruption.

(4) Manadena: Understanding that every soul in every species of life is an eternal servant of Lord Krishna, a devotee chanting the Holy Names, should offer respects and honor to all souls by sweet and sincere words, auspicious behavior and also understanding that the Lord dwells within their hearts, the devotee should offer obeisances with utmost humility to all souls, except for those who are critical or envious of the Lord and His devotees who should be avoided. The devotee should never bear any feeling of malice or vengeance towards any living entity in creation. A devotee should try not to give any kind of trouble to other living entities during the course of one's life and should forsake one's own happiness in trying to make other souls happy in devotional service to the Lord. The devotee should understand that the miseries in his or her life are caused by his or her own past misdeeds and not hold any other living entity or the Lord responsible for it and should infact thank the Lord for the suffering and accept it for his or her purification and advancement with genuine gratefulness to the Lord and all living entities.

Ornamented with these above four divine qualities: (1) Being more humble than a straw, (2) Being tolerant just like a tree, (3) Devoid of the desire to accept respect and honor and avoiding it at all costs at all times, and (4) Giving respect and honor to all souls in all ways; a devotee becomes qualified to offenslessly chant the pure Holy Names of Lord Krishna constantly with great attachment, realization and love.

Condition upon condition, complication on top of complication, rule upon rule - until one is so strained and constrained - it becomes a excercise in futility.

It's a lot like telling somebody that there is a potion that will make you invulnerable but you have to leap over tall buildings to get it.

Ever heard the old saying that only mystics can understand other mystics? by xexon

I have thought that way too xexon. In subtler realms of consciousness we know those who also know hey, without even speaking. I went to see Mata Amrtanandamayi on the weekend. I was on the train in the city in the bigsmoke. It was a pretty ghastly place on that train, lots of lost souls and drugged out people. I saw one lady on the train with a glowing effulgence...and thought aahh...a devotee of Amma. We met and talked and had a great time together.

If I was to shine a mirror on my own state of development I would probably feel more comfortable saying:

'Ever heard of the saying only a fool can understand another fool'

That is more to the point of my false ego perception and conditioned state of being. Ofcourse I can only speak for myself....the proof is in the pudding.

Condition upon condition, complication on top of complication, rule upon rule - until one is so strained and constrained - it becomes a excercise in futility.

It's a lot like telling somebody that there is a potion that will make you invulnerable but you have to leap over tall buildings to get it. quote by cbrahma

this explanatory translation cbrahma is from Sri Caitanya's Siksastaka in line with Srila Bhaktivinoda's and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta's commentary - click here....Sri Caitanya's written word.

Do you doubt the words of Sri Caitanya and his call for humility?

Humility is the only condition necessary to chant the Holy Name. The only one condition. Not so complicated at all! Hard to attain....yep!!!

It's a lot like telling somebody that there is a potion that will make you invulnerable but you have to leap over tall buildings to get it.

Dude you've got the wrong siksastakam:

Faster than a speeding bullet.

More powerful than a locomotive.

Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Look! Up in the sky!

It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Superdevotee!:)

Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. quote by beggar

the gift of gifts....treasure of treasures...love of loves...

on special now at wall-mart....no conditions apply!

I wonder sometimes in this consumer society if we expect everthing laid on for us....on tap you know. I just dont know if we would be mature and have depth of soul if that was the nature of reality. Thank Krishna that love of God is not such a cheap thing.

I guess cbrahma if we could taste a tiny tiny drop of what love of God actually is...and what it is like to chant the Holy Name in love of God...maybe we would climb any mountain for that. Think about it.....would you?

If we can develop greed - lobha for that love...intense greed...then maybe all the constraints will be less! And the trials that will be, will be light....because of our greed for love.

Mature love...spiritual love. An intelligent man will do anything for that....one drop of that love will make him seem very odd to the general public lol.... he may seem quite mad.

I guess cbrahma if we could taste a tiny tiny drop of what love of God actually is...and what it is like to chant the Holy Name in love of God...maybe we would climb any mountain for that. Think about it.....would you?

Why load all these conditions, when the precise reason this process is available is that people of this time and place can't accomplish anything else - supposedly.

As a matter of fact if one could accomplish all the conditions - the chanting wouldn't really be necessary - because the result would come before the process.

Why load all these conditions, when the precise reason this process is available is that people of this time and place can't accomplish anything else - supposedly.

As a matter of fact if one could accomplish all the conditions - the chanting wouldn't really be necessary - because the result would come before the process.

Personally I am hoping I get lucky like that fella in Vedic literature that accidently called out his sons name when he died and his sons name was Krsna. I think Ajamila was his name if I remember right. That is the best I can hope for at this point is to get lucky and accidently call out the name of the Lord when I die.

As a matter of fact if one could accomplish all the conditions - the chanting wouldn't really be necessary - because the result would come before the process. quote by cbrahma

Sorry cbrahma I dont have an answer for your reasonings. If I did answer it would just be air.

Why would chanting not be necessary? Would you not still speak the name of the one you love?

Maybe your questionings and reasonings are due to ignorance of what Naam really is? Maybe we should ask the supreme to reveal that to us mate? Or do we desire it at all?

Please forgive my offences.

Maybe your questionings and reasonings are due to ignorance of what Naam really is? Maybe we should ask the supreme to reveal that to us mate? Or do we desire it at all?

Please forgive my offences.

My understanding is that Nam is the only spiritual process available in this age. The proliferation of conditions, fussy brahminism and varna-ashrama distinctions and divisions only pre-occupy one's mind with the necessities of religious qualification. In fact they reduce one to a robotic mindless religionist. It explains ISKCON and what it has become perfectly. Merciless, nasty superior types that one encounters in that setting, (just like on this forum). The complications dry one out and frighten me, because they are mechanistic and inhuman.

I am sorry to hear you have had such negative encounters with devotees cbrahma. We all have our own stories, I guess the solace is when we meet soft hearted kind devotees. Soft hearted kind devotees are out there, we just gotta find em' ;)

If you go to a temple use discernment, give respects to all, and choose who to associate with....thats best.

Maybe we should seek that association and keep a safe distance from what is not conducive to bhakti devi. The last thing we want in spiritual life is a head full of ugly impressions. Some of us have travelled that road too.

Religion has become the problem rather than the path to liberation.

It should have never become this complex. Thats a tell tell sign that the mind is at work and not the heart.

The mind creates until it can't see over the horizon anymore. It will take a simple spiritual truth and dissect it until it fills several books.

That is not the way.

All it has done is create generations of people who are lost in a sea of scriptures that they try so hard to understand. To make matters worse, those who teach scripture are often as blind as those they attempt to help.

It's a big mess, but people have to come to this conclusion themselves before they can detach themselves from it.

x

<center>Sri Sri Prapanna-jivanamrtam

Srimad Bhakti Raksaka Sridhara Deva Goswami Maharaja

Chapter 5</center> <center>Sri Bhakta-vacanamrtam - Words of Nectar from the Devotees

</center> <center>Raksisyatiti Visvasah - Confidence in the Lord's Protection

</center>5.4

apady api sri-krsna-kathaika-raksana-visvasah -

tam mopayatam pratiyantu vipra

ganga ca devi dhrta-cittam ise

dvijopasrstah kuhakas taksako va

dasatv alam gayata visnu-gathah

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 91 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Visnuratasya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Faith, even in the face of impending doom, that tidings of Lord Krsna (Sri Hari-katha) is the only protection -

"O pure brahmanas, may you kindly know me as a surrendered soul, and let Mother Ganges accept me as one whose heart is offered to Lord Krsna. Let the winged serpent Taksaka or whatever magical creation has been incited by the son of the brahmana bite me immediately if it so desires; may you all simply go on singing the glories of the Lord."

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 92 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Maharaja Pariksit</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

hari-dasa harina raksita eva -

ma bhair mandamano vicintya bahudha yamis ciram yatana

naivami prabhavanti papa-ripavah svami nanu sridharah

alasyam vyapaniya bhakti-sulabham dhyayasva narayanam

lokasya vyasanapanodanakaro dasasya kim na ksamah

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 93 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Kulasekharasya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

The servants of Lord Hari are always protected by Lord Hari -

"O wicked mind, fear not the thought of the multifarious, perpetual tortures that are your due. Your enemies - your sins, have no claim over you because the only actual lord and master is the Supreme Lord, Sridhara. Give up your apathy, and absorb your thoughts in Lord Narayana, who is happily attainable by devotion. Is not He who destroys the calamities of all planets capable of annihilating the defects of His personal servitors?"

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 94 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Kulasekhara</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

samsara-duhkha-klistanam sri-visnoh paramam padam evaikasrayah - bhava-jaladhi-gatanam dvandva-vatahatanam

suta-duhitr-kalatra-trana-bharardditanam

visama-visaya-toye majjatam aplavanam

bhavati saranam eko visnu-poto naranam

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 95 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Kulasekharasya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

The holy feet of Lord Visnu are the only shelter for persons tormented by the miseries of material existence -

"For those persons who, bereft of a vessel, have fallen into the ocean of mundane existence; who are being lashed by the hurricane of duality based on mundane attraction and aversion; who are crushed by the burden of protecting wife and family, etc.; who are drowning in the ghastly whirlpool of sensual pleasures - the only shelter is the lifeboat of the holy lotus feet of the Supreme Lord, Visnu."

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 96 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Kulasekhara</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

sri-krsna-bhajanam eva martyanam amrta-pradam -

idam sariram sata-sandhi-jarjaram

pataty avasyam parinama-pesalam

kim ausadham prcchasi mudha durmate

niramayam krsna-rasayanam piba

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 97 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Kulasekharasya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Only pure devotion for Lord Krsna awards immortality to the mortal -

sata sandhi jara jara, tava ei kalevara,

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 98 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>patana haibe eka-dina </td> </tr> </tbody></table> bhasma krmi vistha habe, sakalera ghrnya tabe,

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 99 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>ihate mamata arvacina </td> </tr> <!-- Table 99 Row 02 --> <tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>ore mana suna mora e satya vacana </td> </tr> </tbody></table> e rogera mahausadhi, krsna-nama niravadhi,

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 100 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>niramaya krsna rasayana</td> </tr> <!-- Table 100 Row 02 --> <tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>(Bengali verse by Sri Bhaktivinoda Thakura)</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

"A dancing puppet of a hundred joints, your mortal coil in its last moments:

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 101 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>this physical form is doomed to destruction.</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Ashes to ashes, worm and dung, what was beautiful once is a horrible thing;

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 102 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>to adore it is the gravest misconception.</td> </tr> <!-- Table 102 Row 02 --> <tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>My dear mind, hear the truth attentively:</td> </tr> </tbody></table> the panacea for this malady - chant Krsna's name constantly;

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 103 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Krsna is the life of immortality."</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

aty-adhamesv api bhagavan-namno 'bhista-datrtvam -

satyam bravimi manujah svayam urddhva-bahur

yo yo mukunda narasimha janardaneti

jivo japaty anudinam marane rane va

pasana-kastha-sadrsaya dadaty abhistam

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 104 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Kulasekharasya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

The holy name of the Lord bestows the most cherished objective upon even the most fallen -

"O human civilization, with arms upraised I proclaim this truth! The holy name awards all desired success upon even stone or wooden-hearted persons who, in the struggle for existence, constantly chant the Lord's names such as Mukunda, Narasimha, and Janardana."

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 105 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Kulasekhara</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

sva-satrave 'pi sad-gati-dayako harih -

aho baki yam stana-kala-kutam

jighamsayapayayad apy asadhvi

lebhe gatim dhatry-ucitam tato 'nyam

kam va dayalum saranam vrajema

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 106 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Srimad Uddhavasya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Sri Hari awards a divine destination to even His enemy -

"How astonishing! When Putana, the wicked sister of Bakasura, tried to kill child Krsna by offering Him deadly poison on her breast, she reached a position befitting the Lord's nursemaid. Could I ever have as merciful a shelter as that Lord Krsna?"

Srimad Uddhava

<center>Sri Sri Prapanna-jivanamrtam

Srimad Bhakti Raksaka Sridhara Deva Goswami Maharaja

Chapter 5</center> <center>Sri Bhakta-vacanamrtam - Words of Nectar from the Devotees

</center> Raksisyatiti Visvasah - Confidence in the Lord's Protection 5.10

ayogyanam apy asa-sthalam -

durantasyanader apariharaniyasya mahato

vihinacaro 'ham nr-pasur asubhasyaspadam api

daya-sindho bandho niravadhika-vatsalya-jaladhes

tava smaram smaram guna-ganam iticchami gatabhih

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 107 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Yamunacaryasya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

The reservoir of hope for even the unqualified -

"O sea of compassion, I am no better than a wicked animal on two feet, the most incorrigible parasite - a beginningless and endless reservoir of the greatest inauspiciousness. Nonetheless, I abide in fearlessness, repeatedly remembering the divine qualities of You - the endless ocean of affection and the supreme friend."

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 108 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Yamunacarya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

asakrd-aparadhinam api mocakah -

raghuvara yad abhus tvam tadrso vayasasya

pranata iti dayalur yasya caidyasya krsna

pratibhavam aparaddhur mugdha sayujyado 'bhur

vada kim apadam agas tasya te 'sti ksamayah

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 109 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Yamunacaryasya </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

The deliverer of even repeated offenders -

"O Lord of the Raghu dynasty, just for bowing his head to You, You were merciful upon that crow (who was so offensive that he clawed at the breast of Sita-devi).

O charming Krsna, You awarded the salvation of merging into Your effulgence (sayujya-mukti) to Sisupala, who was an offender birth after birth.

Now please tell me, is there any offense that cannot be pardoned by You?"

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 110 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Yamunacarya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

saranagata-helanam tasminn asambhavam -

abhuta-purvam mama bhavi kimva

sarvam sahe me sahajam hi duhkham

kintu tvad agre saranagatanam

parabhavo natha na te 'nurupah

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 111 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Yamunacaryasya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

It is impossible for Him to neglect His surrendered devotee -

"O Lord, after all, what unprecedented trials may befall me now? I can tolerate anything and everything; no doubt, unhappiness is my natural companion. Nonetheless, it will not become You to allow the neglect of Your surrendered soul who now stands before You."

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 112 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Yamunacarya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

bahir anyatha pradarsayato 'pi svarupatah palakatvam -

nirasakasyapi na tavad utsahe

mahesa hatum tava pada-pankajam

rusa nirasto 'pi sisuh stanandhayo

na jatu matus caranau jihasati

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 113 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Yamunacaryasya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

He is our natural guardian, even if externally He shows otherwise -

"O Almighty Lord, even if You make me hopeless, I can never leave Your lotus feet in any condition. If the mother becomes angry and separates her child from her breast, does the child thereby leave the feet (shelter) of his mother?"

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 114 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Sri Yamunacarya</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

tad itarasrayabhavat tasyaivaika-raksakatvam -

bhumau skhalita-padanam, bhumir evavalambanam

tvayi jataparadhanam, tvam eva saranam prabho

<table width="95%"> <!-- Table 115 Row 01 --> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Skande</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

He is proven to be the only shelter since there is actually no shelter but Him -

"For those who have stumbled and fallen upon the ground, that very ground is the only support by which they can arise once again. Likewise, for those who have offended You, O Lord, You alone are their only refuge."

<!-- Table 116 Row 01 --> <table width="95%"><tbody><tr><td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>Skanda Purana</td></tr></tbody></table>