IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
eshwaar101

supreme worship

Rate this topic

well to start off with i am a devotte of sri krishna, and i hold the gita in my heart with very high esteme, but i at the sametime i worship sri krishna in his various forms as sri ram, vishnu baghawam...but is was just wondering if worshiping the maha lakmi...and all the other devi would be wrong or even contradictory.....because in the gita it say that one should worship only the supreme...but sometimes i feel like im doing a great in justice by noyt respectiong maha lakmi.....because she is the lord enternal consort and i think should be worshiped just the same, i dont know im just confused about it , am i right or am i wrong

You should always respect Lakshmi devi who is the eternal consort of Lord Narayana. But there is no need to worship her separately from Narayana. Actually it is an offense to worship one without the other. Worship them both together, that is the best policy!

And most people who worship Lakshmi devi alone, they do it to get riches. But this is not true love for Mother Lakshmi, is it?

And most people who worship Lakshmi devi alone, they do it to get riches. But this is not true love for Mother Lakshmi, is it?

Srila Narayana Maharaja:

There are two Laksmis. One is very near and dear to Narayana, and Her carrier is Garuda. She rides on Garuda with Narayana. The shadow of that Laksmi is the diety of wealth, and she rides on an owl carrier. Why? Owls cannot see during the day. That Laksmi, on that carrier, goes to any bad person, any unqualified person, lusty person, or wicked person. She may go anywhere. And, if she will go to any qualified person, she will make him blind. He will not be able to see anything that is paramartha, that which is transcendental. Those who are very wealthy will always be blind, and that Shadow of Laksmi will take him here and there. The fact that you are worshipping wealth shows that you are fond of that owl. However, if that wealth comes to you, you will become blind. We should always be careful about these things.

You should always respect Lakshmi devi who is the eternal consort of Lord Narayana. But there is no need to worship her separately from Narayana. Actually it is an offense to worship one without the other. Worship them both together, that is the best policy!

i just want to worship lakmi ma out of respect, amd love becsue i feel that she is the mother of the universe and should be respected as such

When we pour water on the root of a tree, all it's respective limbs, leaves, flowers and fruits receive it's nourishment. Similarly, by worshipping Krishna, all other forms of worship are automatically included. That is, all of his energies and expansions are being worshiped. Separate worship is therefore entirely superfluous. Respect and obeisances are in order, but not worship, as full surrender cannot be had when worshipping many different manifestations seperately. If you want to please all gods, simply worship Krishna.

To illustrate, let's look at the example of Murari Gupta, who is Hanumanji in Rama-lila. Mahaprabhu was testing His loyalty to Ramacandra, by trying to get him to worship Radha-Krishna. Murari Gupta was in a bad spot, because he could not give up his worship of his beloved Ramacandra, but he also couldn't go against the request of Mahaprabhu, therefore, in prayer he offered Rama his life. He then approached Mahaprabhu with his dilemma and was praised and awarded by Mahaprabhu, as He told Murari that this is the type of devotion the servitor must have for His Lord.

You can't please all the gods. There's too many of them. :)

Please your self. If you can learn to love yourself, no god will ever be displeased with you.

x

well thats easier said then done...life is so complicated

'i just want to worship lakmi ma out of respect, amd love becsue i feel that she is the mother of the universe and should be respected as such' quote by eshwaar

Hi Eshwaar,

I am reading this book at the moment, click

It has beautiful descriptions of the spiritual worlds and the diverse devotees who reside there. Each devotee there is fully satisfied by the Lord's mercy and grace in their particular service mood.

The story unfolds the journey of one devotee who follows his heart in search of devotional fulfillment. There are some wonderful descriptions of Laksmi devi in this book.

Follow your heart where it finds its fulfillment in loving devotion, wherever our heart leads us there we must go. Each devotees devotion is unique and beautiful to the one who is loved, and deity reciprocates accordingly. This is the kindness of God.

By serving in deep devotion the Lord of your heart, Sri Krsna, all other forms of God will be fully satisfied. This book clarifies all these doubts very nicely. Follow your devotional heart, it will lead you home. Good on you, blessings in your search for Reality the Beautiful.

'i just want to worship lakmi ma out of respect, amd love becsue i feel that she is the mother of the universe and should be respected as such' quote by eshwaar

Hi Eshwaar,

I am reading this book at the moment, click

It has beautiful descriptions of the spiritual worlds and the diverse devotees who reside there. Each devotee there is fully satisfied by the Lord's mercy and grace in their particular service mood.

The story unfolds the journey of one devotee who follows his heart in search of devotional fulfillment. There are some wonderful descriptions of Laksmi devi in this book.

Follow your heart where it finds its fulfillment in loving devotion, wherever our heart leads us there we must go. Each devotees devotion is unique and beautiful to the one who is loved, and deity reciprocates accordingly. This is the kindness of God.

By serving in deep devotion the Lord of your heart, Sri Krsna, all other forms of God will be fully satisfied. This book clarifies all these doubts very nicely. Follow your devotional heart, it will lead you home.

i pray to krishna with great devotion i think that there is nothing higher then to please the supreme..but at the sametime i think it is disrespectfull not to worship his consort sri radha rani in wich ever form...i think its disrespectfull not only to him but her also

well thats easier said then done...life is so complicated
Only at this point in time. Structure the future so that simplicity is your reward instead of material wealth. You must work for simplicity. x

i pray to krishna with great devotion i think that there is nothing higher then to please the supreme..but at the sametime i think it is disrespectfull not to worship his consort sri radha rani in wich ever form...i think its disrespectfull not only to him but her also by eshwaar

yes I feel very similar in my daily devotions:pray:

Only at this point in time. Structure the future so that simplicity is your reward instead of material wealth. You must work for simplicity. x
that is very true but u need weath to live....but i understand what u are saying

I am going to try and ask this question as responsibly as possible.

Does one have to always worship Lord Krsna and His Consort? If so, why?

I only ask because, I feel a great need to worship others such as Devi Durga and Lord Siva...probably even more so than I feel a need to worship Lord Krsna.

Is this a bad thing? I ask out of sincerity. While I thoroughly enjoy worshipping Lord Krsna, I mostly do not worship Him at home. Although I have a picture of Lord Vishnu on my modest in-home altar.

Also, (and this probably requires a separate thread sometime) other sects believe in certain deities to be Supreme other than Lord Krsna. What is to be believed?

I don't claim to be a very advanced spiritual person, but I have many questions.

I am going to try and ask this question as responsibly as possible.

Does one have to always worship Lord Krsna and His Consort? If so, why?

I only ask because, I feel a great need to worship others such as Devi Durga and Lord Siva...probably even more so than I feel a need to worship Lord Krsna.

Is this a bad thing? I ask out of sincerity. While I thoroughly enjoy worshipping Lord Krsna, I mostly do not worship Him at home. Although I have a picture of Lord Vishnu on my modest in-home altar.

Also, (and this probably requires a separate thread sometime) other sects believe in certain deities to be Supreme other than Lord Krsna. What is to be believed?

I don't claim to be a very advanced spiritual person, but I have many questions. quote by meen

I cant answer this question directly for you, as the devotion in your own heart is yours.

Let me put it this way:

Is the spirit souls nature and devotion 'static' or 'dynamic'?

Is devotion 'ever new' and 'increasing'? Is this the nature of love?

Why is it that many devotees of Sri Krsna find full satisfaction in Vraj lila? Why is it that some devotees find full satisfaction elsewhere?

So to answer your question respectfully also, I dont think in terms of 'bad' or 'wrong' or 'incomplete'. The full blown expression of love is none of these descriptions. I dont think a loving God sees that way either.

Even if one chooses to not see Sri Krsna as the source of all incarnation, one may not deny that his pastimes are very very sweet. So possibly that sweetness is what draws the devotees heart to Him. Not his magnanimity or supreme Godhood. Or majesty on High:)

Personally I find wherever a devotee finds full satisfaction, there God out of kindness reciprocates. That is how I understand God anyhow as a devotee.

I think the nature of Love must be something like this.

Thank you very much for your answer. I have on a general basis always thought the way that you do.

Still, I am friends with many strict Vaishnavas and somehow feel a pressure that I should worship Krsna only and should not bother elsewhere. This pressure could only be in my head however.

Still, I am friends with many strict Vaishnavas and somehow feel a pressure that I should worship Krsna only and should not bother elsewhere. This pressure could only be in my head however. quote by meen

It may not be just in your head;) devotion can manifest intense feelings in the hearts of devotees. Some motivations may be very deep realizations and feelings of love, or some motivation may be more basic understandings of Godhood. I guess we will all grow in understanding these things as our devotional lives mature and blossom closer to what actually the heart of God is. Now that's a journey and half!

In my devotional life reading the Acaryas writings from my tradition is helping me find balance with these things. But the greatest teacher and confirmation is the sweet realizations that can manifest in the heart. Normally those sentiments of love will be from a place of harmony and balance. If it comes from the other place it normally gets me into trouble;)

i pray to krishna with great devotion i think that there is nothing higher then to please the supreme..but at the sametime i think it is disrespectfull not to worship his consort sri radha rani in wich ever form...i think its disrespectfull not only to him but her also

The Service Of Sri Radha

http://www.mandala.com.au/articles/radhadasyam.htm

Srila B. R. Sridhar Maharaj:

Once, the Diwan of Bharatpur had come on a pilgrimage with his family to the holiest of places, Sri Radha-kunda, the holy lake of Srimati Radharani. He and his family were circumambulating Radha-kunda. They would fall flat on the ground, offering obeisances lying down with their arms outstretched. Every time they bowed down in this way, they would mark the spot where their fingertips touched the earth. Then they would slowly rise, step forward to where that spot had been marked, and again fall flat, offering their obeisances with great respect and adoration. In this way they were circumambulating the entire Radha-kunda. Upon seeing such intense worship, Paramananda Prabhu, an intimate disciple of our guru maharaja Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura, intimated to Prabhupada that the Diwan and his family must have great respect for Radharani to circumambulate the Radha-kunda in such a fashion.

At that time Prabhupada said, "Their angle of vision towards Radha-kunda and Radharani is different from ours. They recognize and revere Krsna. And because Radharani is Krsna's favorite, they also have some reverence for Radha-kunda. But our vision is just the opposite. Our concern is with Radharani. And only because She wants Krsna do we have any connection with Him."

And so, the Gaudiya Vaisnavas know only Radharani. They are concerned only with Her, and Her duties, Her necessities. They are ready to serve Her in all respects, and cannot contemplate any service without Her. That is the highest achievement of the Gaudiya Vaisnavas, that is the special feature of Mahaprabhu's party...

Thank you very much for your answer. I have on a general basis always thought the way that you do.

Still, I am friends with many strict Vaishnavas and somehow feel a pressure that I should worship Krsna only and should not bother elsewhere. This pressure could only be in my head however.

It is probably real and not just in your head. There is a conversation recorded where some of Srila Prabhupada's disciples were telling him of an Indian man in Canada (i think) who kept worshipping Shiva and they described how they were trying to get him to stop chanting Om namo shivah namaha. Srila Prabhupada told them to leave the man alone that his chanting was alright and because Lord Shiva is the greatest Vaisnava when he achieved the grace of Lord Siva Lord Siva would reveal Krsna.

The point is to worship Lord Shiva as the greatest vaisnava and if you have such an attachment you should never give it up.

The example Nringhadeva gave concerning Murai Gupta is a perfect example. Please study it and you will find relief from all such pressures.

SHREERÄDHÄKRSHNACHAITANYÄ NAMAH

GURU SHREECHAINTAYA MAHÄPRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREENITYÄNANDA PRABHAVE NAMAH

SHREE SHIVASHIVÄY NAMAH

JAY JAY BHAGAVAD BHAKTA VRNDA

You can't please all the gods. There's too many of them. :)

Please your self. If you can learn to love yourself, no god will ever be displeased with you.

x

there is only ONE Bhagavän, the apparent multiplicity of gods in Sanätana Vedic Dharma is because of some foolish scholars who can't differentiate between demigods and Bhagavän ShreeKrshna.

So far Bhagavän ShreeSadäShiva is concerened, well, HE is ShreeKrshna only, but apparently exhibiting new principle function, that of destroying the wilted worlds.

and, mind ya, this is a devotees' corner (not for those who are stupified by the effect of advaitavad.) the self that u r talking about is not the Supreme, but a particle of HIS energy, so pleasing the self is very selfish and not necessarily pleasing the WHOLE!

SHREENITÄIGAURAHARIBOL