IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktajan

Milk Alert – How Milk is Contaminated

Rate this topic

Milk Alert – How Milk is Contaminated

Today: April 1, 2008

Listen to "Gary Null Radio Show" — To listen to the latest bad news about the quality of milk and the milk industry, at:

http://www.progressiveradionetwork.com/garys_archives.php

Click-on:

"3/28/08 Show Date"

The show runs 2 Hours.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Also listen to Gary Null Show [or to access the above show and archive of shows]— M-F 12 Noon, E.S.T. -- <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">U.S.A.</st1:place></st1:country-region> Time, at:

http://www.prncomm.net/

for many years i went vegan because of my fears for the cows, now i realise that milk is quick calcium for the brain bhakti and milk go togeather just like syamsunder and the cows

Calcium for the brain huh. Please explain the effect MILK derived calcium has on the brain vs. calcium for other sources.

You are willing to torture and slaughter cows so your brain can have their calcium.

Also please back up your claim that bhakti and commercial milk go together.

dear prabhu is the cow not mercyfull by giving us milk are they not a higher birth than human does not shiva hide among the cows , vedic knowledge and then dry speculation , and then practice , i need my physical form to serve , thar includes my brain , did prabhupada tell us not to drink milk, he did tell us to protect cows, how and without a brain how , you make asumptions , milk is mercy , commercial is mans interferance , what to do , drink milk get strong and stop them the cows are mercyfull bhakti is mercy , im not a scientist , im trying to be a devotee, and i need mercy jai prabhupada jai rahda

dear prabhu is the cow not mercyfull by giving us milk are they not a higher birth than human does not shiva hide among the cows , vedic knowledge and then dry speculation , and then practice , i need my physical form to serve , thar includes my brain , did prabhupada tell us not to drink milk, he did tell us to protect cows, how and without a brain how , you make asumptions , milk is mercy , commercial is mans interferance , what to do , drink milk get strong and stop them the cows are mercyfull bhakti is mercy , im not a scientist , im trying to be a devotee, and i need mercy jai prabhupada jai rahda

:rolleyes: yeah right. Why not use your brain and start protecting the cows then? You can start by not drinking milk from UNprotected cows.

a man of so many post an you use such tones why may i ask ? i do not talk loosly inquire with out agitation , when i saw people in india washing the dieties cloth with soup made from dead animals into mother gunga all western type products indian people lieing and geting rich while the children are born twisted by polution inside out in all quaters and you refute at what , golden age is just a moment like any other as you awaken slowly from sleep i grab the nearest comfort around milk feeds me as i weep and when i rest my bones and brain need to build so i can stand here without any fear a long time coming maybe i can fight with krishna as whaat arjuna or a foot soilder as a foot soilder i have skills and my mind is clear as to duty die without fear because im at krishnas side as paramatma resides in all seeds to life death life oh dear this one what this moment what to speak clean as if to enjoy to enquire spontaneously vaisnava ruels

Calcium for the brain huh. Please explain the effect MILK derived calcium has on the brain vs. calcium for other sources.

Calcium good for more than strong bones

USA Today (Society for the Advancement of Education), June, 2005

When memories are made and learning occurs, the connections between brain cells change. Scientists know that an influx of calcium is critical to this process. A theoretical model developed by a research team from Brown University, Providence, R.I., shows that cells' ability to fine-tune this calcium flow not only sparks changes in synapses, but allows cells to maintain a working state of equilibrium.

Luk Chong Yeung, a neuroscience research associate, and her colleagues have come up with a concept that hinges on calcium control. Certain receptors, which act like gates, allow calcium to rush into brain cells that receive memory-making information. Once inside these cells, calcium sets off chemical reactions that change the connections between neurons, or synapses. That malleability, known as synaptic plasticity, is believed to be the fundamental basis of memory, learning, and brain development.

Yeung has demonstrated that the control of these receptors not only makes synapses stronger or weaker, but stabilizes them--without interfering with the richness of the cellular response to signals sent from neighboring cells. "The beauty of the brain is that it is plastic and robust at the same time," Yeung explains. "If the model is verified experimentally, we've solved an important piece of the puzzle of how these seemingly antagonistic properties can and, in fact, must coexist in the cell."

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-133049657.html

Milk calcium is best

Sufficient milk calcium in the diet promotes optimum bone mass

New scientific evidence clearly points to milk as the best source of calcium in the human diet, promoting optimum bone density and building up resistance to a number of serious health problems in later life.

http://www.arlafoodsingredients.com/APPL/FI/FI135/FI135D01.nsf/O/E4C976F0C34F7223C125728A003465B2

Such nonsense. You selfish fools think your brains will rot if you don't slaughter some cow for milk. At the same time you claim to be big vedic cow protectors. What a joke.

Calcium citrate for me as a supplement and no cows die for my precious brain.

To be honest, your trying to force this vegan message down other people's throats is actually having an adverse effect on me. Each devotee is following to the best of his/her abilities so why demonize them like you do? In fact Chaitanya Mahaprabhu asks us to chant the holy names without criticizing anyone (Shikshastakam verse 3).

If you want to put the blame on something, blame capitalism. Humans drinking milk is not the cause of the death of cows, it's this exploiting attitude that is doing that, and it is a great disturbance for the natural balance of things. Mlechha's are in charge and their highest goal is making economical progress.

Why is the whole world so hellbent on this progress? So they can satisfy their senses more and more. Why do they want to satisfy the senses? Misidentification of the self with the body. How does this misidentification occur? Ignorance. The cause of ignorance is aversion to God, Sri Krishna. So, if we are to solve a problem of this magnitude, we have to take it at the root, or the effect will be like the cutting of leaves on a plant. They will just grow back elsewhere. So it is more important that people become Krishna conscious, than that they stop drinking milk. Be happy if a new devotee has joined the movement, rather than demonizing him by his use of milk products. Stimulate the positive approach, Krishna consciousness, not the negative approach, "don't do this, that."

Now always we as aspiring devotees should aspire to leave as small a karmic footprint as possible, while not neglecting the body. The body is our temple and we should not inflict any unnecessary harm to it. So to the degree of taking care of the body we should limit our karmic footprint. Krishna will absolve all karma (B.G.18.66). B.G. 17.5-6 gives us a warning not to torture the material elements of the body, and also not to perform penance for the sake of gaining respect or out of pride(B.G.17-6. & B.G. 17.18), something which may easily follow by going vegan. The vegan diet is apparently not enough to sustain the material body, otherwise why would there be any necessity of supplements? I know for a fact my body does not function properly without the moderate intake of milk products. This puts me in the position of a US taxpayer.

Therefore I am slaughthering cows as much as a US taxpayer is killing thousands of women and children in Iraq. Using your deduction, one is killing cows by handing money to anyone who is not a devotee. Even the smallest amount, if you go to a drugstore to pay for your supplements, the clerk is not a vegetarian, the money you hand to him will be used to buy beef and veal. So that would make you equally implicated in cowkilling.

When I buy organic milk I am not asking the person who is keeping the cows to kill them. That they do that is their choice not mine. A king takes responsibility for the people in his land, this is confirmed by the Srimad Bhagavatam. Similarly, responsibility of maintaining the cows is in the hands of the ones who keep them. If they decide to kill, the blood is on their hands, just as if a soldier decides to kill an innocent person in Iraq, blood is on their hands, not on the hands of the taxpayer who supports the war with his money.

It's great to see that you are so concerned with the noble goal of cowprotection, but don't be angry if you find that not everyone can follow in your footsteps. Let's first try to get people to accept Krishna as God, then see what can be done about cowkilling.

Such nonsense. You selfish fools think your brains will rot if you don't slaughter some cow for milk. At the same time you claim to be big vedic cow protectors. What a joke.

Calcium citrate for me as a supplement and no cows die for my precious brain.

No supplement is working for me!

I am a young girl and I have osteopenia already.

Someone help please, it is not nice having your bones crack at every step when you are so young. It also takes away from devotional life.

Sorry for interrupting the discussion here. All glories to Mother Cow.

To be honest, your trying to force this vegan message down other people's throats is actually having an adverse effect on me. Each devotee is following to the best of his/her abilities so why demonize them like you do? In fact Chaitanya Mahaprabhu asks us to chant the holy names without criticizing anyone (Shikshastakam verse 3).

You entered the thread. I am not at your doorstep. "Adverse effect on me" is exactly the same response meat eatters give when they have no desire to stop their cruel ways and no good arguments to defend their actions.

Yes I criticize animal abusers and feel no shame in doing so.

f you want to put the blame on something, blame capitalism. Humans drinking milk is not the cause of the death of cows, it's this exploiting attitude that is doing that, and it is a great disturbance for the natural balance of things. Mlechha's are in charge and their highest goal is making economical progress.

"blame capitaism". You can't hide from your own personal responsibility by trying to hide yourself in society or claiming "the capitalist's make me do it."

You personally make the choice to buy their products of violence and support their efforts. Time to man up and admit responsibility for your own actions.

No supplement is working for me!

I am a young girl and I have osteopenia already.

Someone help please, it is not nice having your bones crack at every step when you are so young. It also takes away from devotional life.

Sorry for interrupting the discussion here. All glories to Mother Cow.

Doesn't sound like milk calcium is working for you either. I don't know what to say. I have never heard of osteopenia indulekhadasi. I wish I could be more helpful.

jai rahda one of the realities of kali yuga is intolrence biological pathological spiritual toxic overload ,deep in kali yuga ,it will be impossible to live here as we become more and more degraded , we are getting a taste of what is to come we should count our blessings , that we came to prabhupada and not some other school of thought even demons stay near to the truth, poison to necter poison krishna has his hand in the butter jar all the time ,as for me the vegan diet made me wet and weak although very fresh delicate and soft , but no power no rage , life has been a great chalenge and anger and confusion has mostly rienged ,as i raged at god and who did i get prabhupada rage at krishna give krishna everything , how , by pleasing prabhupada , prabhupada leads us all to krishna ,build your lives eat full prasad remain strong and agile and clean ,as best you can , soon this world will start to change it has been prdicted , we must be prepared at any moment fragile or strong for krishna to come prabhupada said never imagine that krishna is not real now use your intelegence and engage with krishna by pleasing me be a friend to all , a friend to your bones blood heart brain make no separation love everything vedic and apply the science to your self and soul and all the same no devision no high no low give krishna the pain and pray sing and slowly slowly it will lift away, do the work and sucess is garanteed, do the science and see,jai prabhupada jai rahda

Could I ask you to use a more orthodox sentence structure please. This stream of thought, one running into another is just too difficult for me to follow. An example: "poison to necter poison krishna has his hand in the butter jar all the time ,". ?????????

I do notice the one point COMMERCIAL milk drinkers never address is the fact that they are responsible for suffering to so many cows.

Doesn't sound like milk calcium is working for you either. I don't know what to say. I have never heard of osteopenia indulekhadasi. I wish I could be more helpful.

Yes, nothing is working. Doctors are unconcerned, too.

Osteopenia is the stage right before osteoperosis. I am a very rare case. Not many 14 year olds have osteopenia.

I don't care too much about this temporary body but it is affecting my devotional service.

im not an educated type mostly self taught i dont judge and try to be present as for my word and meaning which orthodox i spell bad andd play with structure while not realy knowing the rules and paased caring so i can stay spontaneeeous i have two cows in rahdakund a family take care of them as for the cows here die the quicker they go back good there are to many and it is difficult to feed and care for so many especially as there are so many spirit souls crying out for mercy while the cows choose to be born to give mercy spiritual doctrine feed the body feed the mind know emotion see soul krishna hold i dont like breaking things up and im slow so i give it a go i can be deciplined but i still dont know all the rules and some i dont care for otherwise free to choose , i keep looking at all your post ,you have a lot to say , what is your job with all these words,please tell me with very few words like your last post, if i were kali i would chop of every cows head now to see which one is shiva .

Yeah I am not educated either and have forgotten most rules of grammer that I may have learned.

Here is another example.

what is your job with all these words,please tell me with very few words like your last post, if i were kali i would chop of every cows head now to see which one is shiva .

From this I can only conclude you are a little crazy. Of course everyone is but your sort of crazy expression does not track well with my crazy sense of comprehension.

Sorry.

You entered the thread. I am not at your doorstep. "Adverse effect on me" is exactly the same response meat eatters give when they have no desire to stop their cruel ways and no good arguments to defend their actions.

Yes I criticize animal abusers and feel no shame in doing so.

Yes I entered the thread to reply on how milk calcium is the best calcium for the human body. Then you proceed to call me an egoistic fool so I felt like explaining myself. What I actually meant by "adverse effect" was that your dronelike proselytizing of the vegan way is more serving to drive me away from veganism rather than towards it. Not that I'm now feeling bad about taking milk.

I have given solid reasons for my so-called "cruel" actions, yet you prefer to avoid replying to them, and instead address part of the subject which is unimportant, but I thank you, for at least it allows me to elucidate that subject.

You call milk drinkers animal abusers, but how about you stop your own "cruel" actions? Meaning; will you now go and live and a country where you don't have to pay tax, where you can grow your own crops and where you are totally independent from the outside world in any way? If you are truly as concerned about cowprotection as you make it seem on this messageboard, than you will do this. If not, your actions in this world are just as implicated as mine, because in some way you are sponsoring the meat industry, the milkcow that was killed is the piece of meat you sponsor by spending money on whatever, and your holier than thou attitude is thus like a perverted priest preaching about chastity.

"blame capitalism". You can't hide from your own personal responsibility by trying to hide yourself in society or claiming "the capitalist's make me do it."

You personally make the choice to buy their products of violence and support their efforts. Time to man up and admit responsibility for your own actions.

A quote twisted into a new meaning. When speaking of capitalism, I'm not hiding behind this mechanism which moves the modern world to cower away from supposed responsibilities, but rather I'm trying to have you see the big picture. So, why don't you take off your milkfree blinkers and understand that it takes more than just the stopping of drinking milk to stop cowcruelty. Any money you spend in this world inevitably ends up in hands you don't want them to end up in, goes to places you don't want it to go. Your money, money spent on water/gas/electricity bills, tax, vegetables, supplements for vegans,computer,internet bills. It will go to to the beef- and veal-eaters of this world, to killers of women and children in Iraq. It's a vicious circle of supply/demand. There is no difference between handing the money to the milkindustry or handing it to the person who wants to eat meat. If you want to drown in a pool of guilt about this, be my guest, but my advice would be to instead focus on developing bhakti to Sri Sri Radha-Krishna, submit yourself to a bonafide guru, and beg for their causeless mercy.

I take full responsibility of my actions. At least I know I am trying to the best of my abilities. If Radha-Krishna are not satisfied with my efforts, then I will accept that, but I will know I have tried my best. This is the point I'm trying to convey (for the second time). Each devotee is trying to develop bhakti to the best of their ability, some may still drink coffee, some may still smoke, or use onion and garlic in their food. Some may hardly take prasadam, simply bhoga. But it is not our position to point the finger and lay the blame on them, our position is to promote the positive, and stimulate others, not criticize them for their lingering bad habits, let alone something which cannot not even be considered bad habit: the use of milk products!

So yes, I take milk, because I know my body needs it to maintain it's optimal health. There is no question of guilt, I simply need it and I don't take ridiculous amounts. It's organic milk from cows that live together with their offspring, and even the bulls are not separated from the herd. This is the best I can do. They may choose to kill the cows for profit. Their choice, not mine. By my drinking milk I'm not asking for the cow's death, just as by your buying vegan supplements, you are not asking for them to go out and buy burgers and veal with it. Yet this is what happens. I don't like it anymore than you do, but living in this world means your implicated. So, if you truly wanna live up to your own standards of cowprotection I suppose you should about book your flight to Brazil and start a self-supplying ashram somewhere in the rainforest. Otherwise, please safe us the holier than thou attitude. Thank you.

Same arguements over and over. I could substitute meat for the word milk in your posts and you sound just like a meat eater defending his need/right to slaughter animals for food. Visist any forum where anomal rights is being discussed and see what I mean.

BTW I never called you an egotistical fool. I did say you were selfish fool however for putting you so-called health concerns above that of a cows right to live from abuse and slaughter. Consider it said again. So far I have come across one person who has a legitimate health concern that may or may not be solvable and needs to continue with dairy until that is sorted out.

I will continue to raise this subject. If you choose to be disturbed by it I suggest you just skip such threads and posts.

All I see is your apparent inability to grasp my arguments and give them a proper retort. Since talking to a wall would provide me with similar results, it is clear to me that it is a complete waste of time to continue on. However, given my freedom of posting here, I may choose to carry on. Should you choose to be disturbed by that I would suggest you skip such posts. I am not disturbed by your efforts, I was merely responding to your allegations, which as of yet, apply equally to your good self. So for what it's worth, your "shock&awe" campaign is not working for me. Have a good day sir.

Same arguements over and over. I could substitute meat for the word milk in your posts and you should just like a meat eater defending his need/right to slaughter animals for food. Visist any forum where anomal rights is being discussed and see what I mean.

BTW I never called you an egotistical fool. I did say you were selfish fool however for putting you so-called health concerns above that of a cows right to live from abuse and slaughter. Consider it said again. So far I have come across one person who has a legitimate health concern that may or may not be solvable and needs to continue with dairy until that is sorted out.

I will continue to raise this subject. If you choose to be disturbed by it I suggest you just skip such threads and posts.

One question I have is how did you tell the difference between Nrsinghadev's illness and mine? How come one is so-called, but you are so compassionate to me?