Gaura Purnima Is Fast Approaching

Rate this topic

Write In Love

A spiritual Hare Krishna journey

http://writeinlove.wordpress.com/

Gaura Purnima

March 18, 2008 by Timber Fawn

gh.jpg

Haribol! Gaura Purnima is fast approaching. On Friday I will attend my first ever Mangala Arati. We don’t have Mangala Arati at our preaching center usually and this will be the first time at the present location.

At first I didn’t think that I would be able to attend because the logistics of getting Jada back to school afterwards and then driving back out to work just wasn’t going to work out. I had asked my mother if Jada could possibly sleep over at her house Thursday night and also if she could take her to school Friday A.M., but she wasn’t going to be able to do this because she had a last minute plan to fly to Pennsylvania on Thursday.

I was discussing about this not being able to attend with Laxmi Priya Mataji at the center last Sunday when another Mataji very sweetly said to me, don’t give up hope just yet thinking that you cannot go. Just don’t put it out of your mind because Lord Chaitanya may show some mercy upon you and things could just work out, don’t give up.

I just spoke with my mother yesterday who told me that she wasn’t going to be able to fly out as planned so she will be home and can watch Jada and I can go to Mangal Arati on Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’s appearance day.

Thank you Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu in your golden glow and mood of Srimati Radharani for showing me some of your mercy.

All glories to the merciful devotees!

I wish everyone a happy Gaura Purnima.

Ys,

Timber

Yes, I can't wait for Gaura Purnima to come. Plan to sing some Bengali bhajans at the temple in glorification of Gauranga. Maybe I can sneak in my dad's car to go to temple and do some service at the temple in preparation for Gaura Purnima.

Jai Nitai! Jai Gaura!

indulekhadasi