Vacuumed up some ants...

Rate this topic

What is the karmic penalty for that?

Before I punch that into the computer, I will need some hard data:

1) how many ants

2) what type of ants

3) how many were killed and how many are still alive in the vacuum

4) how serious a threat were the ants posing, if any

5) what measures did you take to prevent the ants from feeling invited to come there in the first place

6) what non-violent measures did you take to get them to leave before sweeping them up

7) do you feel any remorse for harming these ants

8) are you aware that this is Ekadasi

9) how many rounds did you chant today

10) 3 forms of I.D. including a government-issued photo I.D. and a utility bill with your current address and your past 2 pay stubs along with a secret question (your favorite pet, e.g.)

11) a money order for U.S. $13.20 for punching in a karmic background check

And this is just for starters.

11rx3t5.jpg

Lol, vedesu's reply is awesome.

But AncientMariner, accidents happen. You've just got to try and be careful.

We're kill small living beings constantly. Try and think about just how many you kill walking down a path. Just chant Hare Krishna, it'll be ok.

Once when I was at an ashram I was cleaning some vegetables - because they don't spray their vegges I need to make sure they're thoroughly cleaned. Anyhow, I thought I had killed a tiny bug so I had mentioned to the brahmacari because I was little sad. He had told me what I just told you. Accidents happen, you've just got to try and be careful.

Don't worry. Just chant and be happy

Lol, vedesu's reply is awesome.

But AncientMariner, accidents happen. You've just got to try and be careful.

We're kill small living beings constantly. Try and think about just how many you kill walking down a path. Just chant Hare Krishna, it'll be ok.

Once when I was at an ashram I was cleaning some vegetables - because they don't spray their vegges I need to make sure they're thoroughly cleaned. Anyhow, I thought I had killed a tiny bug so I had mentioned to the brahmacari because I was little sad. He had told me what I just told you. Accidents happen, you've just got to try and be careful.

Don't worry. Just chant and be happy

Good advice. If we think too little about these things we become cold and callous. If we think too much we become obsessive, paralysized and crazy. It's a tightrope walk.

Vacuumed up some ants...

What is the karmic penalty for that?

Dear friend dont take life so seriously... i am sure u were not aiming at killing the ants... occassionally things die... every minute the body and its biological defences are killing millions of invading organisms... u cant hold yourself responsible for that... life is natural and death at its end is natural too...

mix turmeric powder with salt (50/50) and spread it thickly around their house

love the colour of the white marble tiles after doing the above :)

To nonviolently remove ants, mix turmeric powder with salt (50/50) and spread it thickly around their house and walking path. Keep reapplying it as it wears out untill the ants stop coming. It may leave a temporary yellow stain on your floor.

I'll try it next winter. Every year I get raided big time and it drives me NUTs :crazy2:

Regarding insects...where I live, you have to aggressively treat for fireant mounds, wasp nests, and cockroaches.

I'f you've ever been stung by a few fireants or one of those big red wasps, you know where I'm coming from...it's kind of us vs. them, especially since stings can cause fatally toxic reactions.

But, that being said, I do try to keep up an attitude of ahimsa and rid our home of pests as gently as possible...knock down wasp nests in the early stage, rather than spray them when they've gotten big, use ant-riddance products that drive them away rather than kill them, take harmless bugs outside and release them.

Cockroaches...no mercy. They spread disease. I put out poison traps for them.

Our three cats are also effective in-house bug-disposal units...satisfies their need to hunt, and "no karma" for us humans.

We are all in a vacuum, the ants are just where we are, only a bit more confined, a relative truth. We cannot create vacuum, we are neither the blower nor the sucker, the self is not vacuumed when the body is vacuumed.

Actually, this is very good, AM, because the damage by vacuum is quite a bit less than the damage by broom. The ants actually desire a place just like the insides of the hoover bag. My bros, hoovahs, better than a rollin sixty. Compton, neighborhood, not crips.

Just dont burn the bag.

mahak

Karmic debt is measured by how evolved a lifeform is.

Killing of a germ incurs the least while the killing of a human incurs the most. Intent is also important.

On the flip side, there is no such thing as death. The life force is the same in all things and never winks out. Only the shell suffers death. So the karmic debt is not one of removing the lifeforce as much as it is removing the shell so that you break that lifeform's own evolutionary path.

Death makes you have to reboot.

x