IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Krishna Return?

Rate this topic

Wow, very compelling indeed. If it is true, then there is no reason to think that the individual would lie about his identity. At 12 ft, the man would stand 3.66 metres and would be way taller than 8 ft 11 (2.72 m), the height of the tallest recorded human being, who was an American (as per the Guinness book of records). Please update yourself on this story and fill me in. I definitely wanna know more.

Regards

Yes, I believe the name of the tallest recorded human being is Robert Wadlow. He was born in Illinois, USA and sadly died in his sleep at 22 years of age. He was a very gentle giant. Here is a photo of Mr. Wadlow standing next to his father (and autographed by Mr. Wadlow himself!):

350px-Robert_Wadlow.jpg

As for my grandfather's anecdote, I will most definitely endeavour to keep you updated about it and fill in some of the gaps I've left in his fascinating story.

A person 12 feet tall or higher would surely be considered a monstrosity by most people today, so I can easily understand why Aswatthama would wish to remain unseen by our usually judgemental eyes. He is a chiranjeev and also a siddha, according to my grandfather. He can render his body invisible to our eyesight.

During the beginning of 1900's in America there was silent Blank & White Cinema Movies.

A movie producer created the movie titled "The Bible" -- please consider what it was like for people who, for generations, had only imagined in their own minds what it was like to see, meet and be there during the days of Biblical Times.

The Biblical Stories were often enacted on stage only during holy festivals [as even done during Muslim religious feativals]-- but when Cecil B. DeMille's classic 1923 Hollywood Silent film "The Ten Commandments" --the audiences must have cried openly to see enacted the very pastimes of their lord that they were so familiar with by way of hearing the stories passed down from older folks and books.

Now, you too can see the Lords Pastimes in the comfort of your home: B.R. Chopra's Mahabharata is available on DVD [16 Disks, thus 94 Hours of enacted pastinmes from sastra]--buy it now at your local Little India part of town.

Simularly, DVD's Series of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami's darshana, lectures, kirtanas, his realizations he experinces during his travels on this earth while in the company of his western devotees and his the speaking sanskrit scritural verses -- are also available to us common living entities to see with our own eyes, hear with our own ears remember with our own minds and share with our own friends.

So, even if you aren't in town when Krishna shows-up, we can see Krishna's pastimes in our living room.

spread the mercy and a chipati too,

Bhaktajan

Is there a prophecy or something? Is Krishna going to return to this planet?

If we become a little more advanced we see that Krishna is always here.

Prabhupāda: You are already in the spiritual sky, but you are simply covered. Just like the sun is already there. You are also already there, but there is a cloud which hinders your checking, your seeing of the sun. Similarly… The sky is one, when it is clouded or not clouded. So actually we are always in the spiritual world. But when you forget Krishna by the cloud of illusion, that is material. Try to understand. When the sky is clouded, you cannot see the sun, it does not mean that you are in a different sky. You are in the same sky. When the cloud is clear, you are in the same sky. But the difference of position is due to the cloud. That is called māyā. When you forget Krishna, that is material. And as soon as you become Krishna conscious, that is spiritual. Just like here, this temple is not in London. It is Vaikuṇṭha.

33z7i10.jpg

Painting by Caruhasa das

Devotees: Haribol!

Prabhupāda: Because here everyone is Krishna conscious. They haven’t forgotten Krishna. Therefore they are in Vaikuṇṭha. Others may see that “Oh, you are in London. How you are in Vaikuṇṭha?” Just like Krishna, in the Bhagavad-gītā is said, īśvaraḥ sarva- bhūtānāṁ hṛd-deśe ’rjuna tiṣṭhati: [Bg. 18.61] God is situated in everyone’s heart. So everyone’s heart means He is in the heart of the hog also. But if the hog is within the stool, that does not mean Krishna is also within the stool. Similarly, the devotees, although they are in London or New York, they’re in Vaikuṇṭha. That is to be realized when one is in Krishna consciousness. Yatra tiṣṭhanti mad-bhaktā tatra tiṣṭhāmi nārada. Krishna says, “I live there where My devotees are there.” So Krishna can be everywhere where there is devotee. So this material world, spiritual world means when you forget Krishna, that is material. When you are Krishna conscious, that is spiritual. That’s all. You may remain in the same place. Because everything is Krishna’s— īśāvāsyam idaṁ sarvam—so how you can distinguish what is material, what is spiritual? If every, every part of the creation belongs to Krishna, you cannot practically distinguish, “This portion is spiritual, this portion is material.” That distinction is due to our forgetfulness. So as soon as you come to Krishna consciousness you will find everything spiritual.

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 6.1.15

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

London, July 30, 1971

710730SB.LON

"So these are the signs of becoming perfect man, that he does not commit mistake, neither he is illusioned. Illusion means to accept something as something. That is illusion. Just like we are accepting this body as myself. If you ask me, “What you are?” “I am Indian. I am brāhmaṇa. I am this. I am that.” So what are these? These are all bodily concept of life. This is illusion. Illusion means I am not this body. You have got experience when a man dies, his relatives and children cry, “My father is gone.” But actually the father, the sons who knew the body of the father as the father, that was illusion. Now, after death he is coming to understand that “My father is gone.” Why? Your father is lyi… It is lying there—the same hand, legs, heads, coat, pant—everything is lying there. Why do you say that your father has gone away? That means the real father he has never seen. He has seen the illusion of his father. This is called illusion. Is there any doubt? I am seeing you. What I am seeing, you? I am seeing your body, your shirt, coat, pant. That’s all.

do3ms9.jpg

But as Krishna said, that dehino ’smin yathā dehe [bg. 2.13], within this body the real person is there, just like within the shirt and coat the real person is there, so but the real person we never see. We see the shirt, coat, pant, and we take the shirt, coat, pant as this man. This is called illusion, to accept something for something else. The son did not know who is father. He is going on, calling the shirt, coat, pant of the father as “father.” This is called illusion. To commit mistake and to become illusioned, and even if we try to become perfect, our senses are imperfect."

Bhagavad-gītā 7.2

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Nairobi, October 28, 1975

751028BG.NAI

from every strand of every cell

that is contained within my body

i feel you

from head to toe

around we go

i feel you

the grass beneath my feet

and far off places i've yet to meet