IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vaidyanathankv

Meditation.

Rate this topic

I am self disciplined person hailing from a orthodox hindu brahmin family.I perform the daily routine regularly without any break and do meditation for fifteen to twenty minutes by chanting mantra of my family god.sometimes i am distracted in the middle and could not continue further.What should do to meditate without any break.

any inputs.

Vaithy.

The human mind is the lock and the human mind is the key...

i can only say that when u are working for a valuable goal focuss comes easily... first be clear why you are chanting and what is the goal for your chanting... it may be health wealth or moksha... just have a strong goal which u believe in and do exactly what u are doing... u will find the focuss improving when u know u are doing what u are doing for a worthy cause which u totally believe in...

personally i love meditation at night (after 12 midnight)... the noises all around and distractions are lesser... no phones, no doorbells :) i have a bath at night and then put a mild agarbatti and sit down for meditation...

i guess each one has his favourite time where he/she is comfortable... to me a strong sented agarbatti can turn to be a major distraction...

earplugs are for ears alone. in bombay u will realise that the sound levels are so high that you can hear the sound of the traffic from your feet .... in fact i have a sound resistant meditation room and it still doesnt suffice :)