Sign in to follow this  
Sarva gattah

Dangers in Vrndavan

Rate this topic

Dangers in Vrndavan

<!-- end .post-top --><!-- the main section of the post goes here -->

Na543.jpg

By Kavicandra Swami

The violent death of a young girl was indeed tragic. At the risk of appearing callous I wonder if perhaps a good lesson can be learned from the incident. I wish to say this in hopes of protecting other young girls who may be in similar situations. The lesson is that Vrndavana is a very dangerous place for young people to be left on their own.

What follows are a few of the dangers:

*There are many lusty men there who are especially attracted to “angresa”.

*There are drug dealers who are very clever at luring youth into taking drugs and all that goes with that. There are parties where intoxicants are mixed into the food.

*Now we have seen that there are guns and people willing to use them.

Of course there are great opportunities for spiritual advancement. Unfortunately, sometimes a devotee thinks that simply being in Vrndavan is all that is needed to go back to godhead.

That is a dangerous mentality. In Vrndavan we must be very attentive to staying properly engaged in one or more of the nine processes of devotional service.

Service in Vrndavan is said to be 1000 times magnified. Similarly offences are also maganified. `We should be very, very careful.

Dhama, dhama-aparadha. In the dhama… In other places if you chant Hare Krsna, the result of such chanting will be increased thousand times if you chant in Vrndavana.

Similarly, in other place, the sinful activities, if you commit that sinful activity in Vrndavana, then it will be thousand times increased. So we have to be very careful.”" Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.7.11 — Vrndavana, September 10, 1976

So it is the warning: arthasya dharmaikantasya kama… Don’t try to gratify sense in the name of dharma, religion, or bhakti. Then we have to become hogs and dogs. Even in Vrndavana. It doesn’t matter. Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.9 — Vrndavana, October 20, 1972

Those who are thinking that “We are living in Vrndavana, and I can do all sinful activities because I am living in Vrndavana. Vrndavana-raja will cure me, will purify me.” That’s a fact. Yes.

But if you go on indulging in such sinful activities, then you’ll have to live in Vrndavana in like the hogs and monkeys. At least one life you have to spend like that. Then you’ll be purified. So why should you waste you’re time in that way? Dhamaparadha.

If one is committing sinful activities in the dhama, Vrndavana-dhama, that is a great offense. Namno balad yasya hi papa-buddhih. These are the injunction of the sastras. So we should be very careful.

We should finish our business very quickly. Turnam yateta. Why should we take another risk of become hog and live in Vrndavana? Don’t take that risk. Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.18 — Vrndavana, October 29, 1972

Anyone who comes to Vrndavana, he’s helped immediately, even though he is criminal number one. But if we remain in criminal mentality in Vrndavana, then we have to accept another birth to suffer.

Then it will be all right, and then again he will be elevated. Due to Vrndavana… The Vrndavana influence will act, but if we commit something against the Vrndavana principle, then we have to accept… Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.32 — Vrndavana, November 11, 1972

You have come to Vrndavana. Be careful, very careful. Mayavadi-bhasya sunile [Cc. Madhya 6.169]. There are many Mayavadis here, many so-called tilaka-mala, but you do not know what is there inside. Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.7.8 — Vrndavana, September 7, 1976

Martial Arts for Women in Braja

by Choti

Posted February 24, 2008

Regarding the current awareness and consciousness raising amongst western Vaishnavas regarding the epidemic problem of sexual harrassment faced by tourists, pilgrims and local women in the greater Braj area, I would like to know if there are any martial arts experts amongst Vaishnavas out there who would be willing to teach us ladies some "nitamba kicking" skills?

Regardless of our particular sectarian orientation and despite coming from diverging Vaishnava groups, all of us female vaishnavas who have ever travelled or resided in Braj have the same thing in common - most, if not all, of us have been sexually harrassed there. Therefore I envision Vaishnavis from all the various Bhakti sects currently found in Braj getting together once or twice a week for lessons. This is perhaps the one area where we can leave our "sectarian differences" at the door and unite together under one cause. Perhaps the by-product of such an endeavor would result in more loving dealings between what are sadly perceived as "opposing parties".

If even having bhakti in common cannot unite us, perhaps our common experiences as women can!

In this way sister Lila's sad death will not have gone in vain but served the higher purpose of the unification and empowerment of other Vaishnavis and women in general.

Any martial artists out there willing to serve the community thus can email me at tungbidya@.

Jai Sri Radhe!

I know, I forgot to correct that portion.

Haribol!

It seems that I will go to Vrindaban with my Girlfriend, She is from India but has lived his whole life here in Chile, She was there in Vrindaban the last year.

Who has visited Vrindaban? What Did you feel?

please share your experiences.

thanks and Hare Krsna.

it seems that Vrindaban is not a safe place reading the article

I went to Vrindavana just a few months ago. I enjoyed the experience very much. It is very spiritually uplifting.

However, one must be careful. I went to Govardhana and went to Radha Kunda where a pujari caught my hand and stared to ask personal questions. I could have answered but I was so mad. I pulled my hand out and went to bathe one the deities next to Radha Kunda. I was shaking like anything. I put Radha Kunda's waters on my head to purify myself and from then on I became extremely wary of my surroundings.

It is so frustrating when these types of things happen. One must be very careful in Vrindavana and at the same time absorb all the transcendental energy that one can feel there.

It seems that I will go to Vrindaban with my Girlfriend, She is from India but has lived his whole life here in Chile, She was there in Vrindaban the last year.

Who has visited Vrindaban? What Did you feel?

please share your experiences.

thanks and Hare Krsna.

it seems that Vrindaban is not a safe place reading the article

1) Rasa-bhasa: Mixing of non-compatible devotional sentiments [or also, mixing devotional sentiments obviously 'non-compatible material moptivations'] -- This is the danger and also this is the spiritual test that one undergoes during visits to a place of pilgrimage (a tirtha).

2) Your girl friend: This potentially has the ingrediance of 'Rasa-bhasa' --but then if both of you fully know the significance of visiting a tirtha, then it may be without drawbacks. The male partner can exercise the dharma of protecting his better half while actually praying that Krishna shield them from undue incidents.

3) A little spoken secret pattern: Men who introduce & bring 'woman friends' to the Temple with the intention of cultivating the woman's appreciation of Bhakti-yoga, almost always loose connection to each other. It has been statistically the pattern that a male [and especially a woman] bhakti neophyte should only seek a mate amongst other devotees who themselves, on their own volition, independently have seeked out the rules and regulations and sadhana of Bhakti-yoga.

The arrainged pairing of Spouses by absentee gurus etc has also not proved 100% effective--but one can pursue this one's self, but all the time those persons must be in good standing with-in the sanga's overview.

your useless servant,

Bhaktajan