Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Coming to the lotus feet of Gauranga

Rate this topic

Monday, February 25, 2008

Coming to the lotus feet of Gauranga

by Bhaktin Petra

http://bhnpetra.blogspot.com/2008/02/coming-to-lotus-feet-of-gauranga.html

After many tribulations I managed to come to the lotus feet of Lord Caitanya. If you have the eyes to see then it really is spiritual world. In Mayapur you can really feel save.

I traveled with Abinandana Nitai Prabhu to Delhi airport and I continued alone my way to Calcutta. At first I was scared to death – the fact that you are the only white person amongst 300 Indians in can be frightening. Yes I know we are not these bodies… but still. After checking in I wanted to go to the right gate but there was no number on the boarding pass. Even Indians did not really know where to go. So I went to the wrong gate for two times. Finally when I managed to get the system I peacefully sat down. When I become accustomed to the whole environment I get sms from Urukrama Prabhu saying there is general strike in Bengal. That means that it is possible that taxi will not wait for me. O my God… what now? He suggested not going to Calcutta. Well I was already waiting for the boarding and also what other option I have. What I could do at that moment was to check for taxi. I asked gentlemen sitting by me to lend me his mobile so I call taxi driver. He kindly gave it but as expected the taxi drive did not understood me what was I saying and I also did not understand him. I explained the situation to the gentlemen and he spoke with him. He confirmed that he was coming. Don’t believe until I see. At least in India is like this. I managed to take some rest during the flight and after landing I was prepared for another adventure. When I came out from the airport a whole bunch of taxi driver were shouting and showing there boards with names. I was looking their boards and praying to Krishna there will be also one with my name. Welcome to Mayapur Petra… Yes I am saved. No strike in Bengal. The first hour of drving with taxi through Calcutta I was just observing the scene. So many people doing whatever you can imagine – eating, sleeping, shaving, feeding animals, driving, walking in the street… The whole scene is quite amazing.

2kk9c2.jpg

I tried to chant my rounds but you can hardly hear your voice because of all the notice coming from vehicles and horns. Then taxi driver says we are coming closer to Mayapur. It is quite a big thing to come to the land where 500 years ago God Himself was performing his pastimes. Wonderful feeling. For so many years listening glories of this Dham and now having chance to experience it.

Since arrival many thing happened. Highlights are definitely all the deities here and wonderful association of all Srila Prabhupada’s disciples and senior devotees. Today’s morning class was given by HH Radhanatha Swami. Since it is Bhakti Tirtha’s Swami dissaperance day he spoke his glories. Also he was speaking about importance of giving protectiong to devotees – physical, mental and spiritual. He was giving example how Srila Prabhupada take care of all this aspects. The first Gaura Purnima festival devotees celebrated with Srila Prabupada in Mayapur Dham was many years ago. When devotees fall asleep Srila Prabhupada would go to each and every devotee and check if everyone has a mosquito net. Maharaja also told his experience. Once he in New Vrindavan he was going through forest and he pick up a rose. He gave it to Prabhupada and Srila Prabhupada thanked him in such a way as if he just built a temple of distributed thousands of books. All lectures can be found in www.mayapur.com (at least they announced so).

Fortunately I can not upload any photos… but I hope I will manage to write some more.

Gaura Gaura

Posted by Petra at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://bhnpetra.blogspot.com/2008/02/coming-to-lotus-feet-of-gauranga.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2008-02-25T12:56:00+01:00">12:56 PM</abbr>