IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT

What Spiritual Consequences Do Women Face For Aborting Babies?

Rate this topic

Why are there so many young women, especially teenagers aborting babies? Why are so many unborn babies being deprived of life in this material world? What spiritual consequences do women face for aborting babies?

What we sow we must also reap. What we do unto others will be done unto us. This is basic karma law.

The aborters will be aborted themselves.

A vicious cyscle of alternating roles. Smaller wheels within the larger wheel of samsara.

One time the victimizer, the next, one becomes the victim.

Abortion is a very great sin.

i feel this is due to the lack of love shown for the gods we hold so dear. for as you know young people have relationship with hollow hearts as their hearts are yet to be filled with the love of gods. i think if we can only spread the word of god more people will follow his light and wait to share something magical with there one true love.

yours forever peace be in your hearts,

"Abortion is a very great sin", who have not heard that before. Please don't misinterpret my words, but I myself accept this act as a sin as well, but let's take a walk outside the box a little, shall we!

Let's consider a scenario where a baby's life is aborted to save the mother's life, for socioeconomic reasons (financial problems, abusive spouse etc). Is the mother still committing a sin?

Abortion is taking a life. That is what all of us say especially those of us who are religiously inclined. If I take a life of a person to save my life or the life of a loved one, is that a sin. (I would call this survival or a form of sacrifice.)

A sin is an act or behaviour that one indulges himself, which totally goes against his/her religious laws. And yet our senses plunges us in to the depths of sin, most of the times unknowingly, at a daily basis.

Honestly, I believe that we are all sinners, and there are many women that take abortions because of devastating situations, rather than through selfishness like others.

Another reason for some young women (especially teenagers) to abort babies, is due to the influence of the karmas of their ancestors, rather than the karmas of their past lives.

What do you think?

Bear with me, I am merely acquiring data for my research.

Thank you for your responses!

A sin is an act or behaviour that one indulges himself, which totally goes against his/her religious laws.

A sin is counted fully when you perfom it realizing that its a sin.

If you do something not realizing that its a sin, will never be considered as sin but it will be added to your karma circle.

Abortion is not a sin unless it is done for reasons such as "escaping from the burden of child", "not having baby boy", "escaping the social norm if the mother is not married" etc

Abortion done for saving mother is not a sin but a DILEMMA which must be won by the active life, i.e mother.

I have seen women in villages dying slowly and slowly because, the baby in their stomach is causing some unexpected disturbances in the mothers body. Such women die at last which is pre-written. They are not allowed to do abortion due to law.. how suffocation would it be...

"Abortion is a very great sin", who have not heard that before. Please don't misinterpret my words, but I myself accept this act as a sin as well, but let's take a walk outside the box a little, shall we!

Let's consider a scenario where a baby's life is aborted to save the mother's life, for socioeconomic reasons (financial problems, abusive spouse etc). Is the mother still committing a sin?

Anyone has a right to save their own life by taking another life. For a pregnant mother this could be a most wrenching choice. Financial problems, abusive spouse etc, are not good reasons and yes it is still sinful IMO.

Abortion is taking a life. That is what all of us say especially those of us who are religiously inclined. If I take a life of a person to save my life or the life of a loved one, is that a sin. (I would call this survival or a form of sacrifice.)

Yes.

A sin is an act or behaviour that one indulges himself, which totally goes against his/her religious laws. And yet our senses plunges us in to the depths of sin, most of the times unknowingly, at a daily basis.

Well what happens if one has no religious beliefs? Does that mean nothing is sinful? Sin is breaking God's laws. Intent of course is a factor and I'll leave that to Yamaraja and his crew to sort that out.

Yes our senses plunge us into sin and sinful reactions. This is the entanglement of samsara. The only option is sadhana bhakti and sense regulative principles like no illict sex, no meat eating (animal killing), no gambling and no intoxication coupled with bhakti-yoga. This is the only way out of the quicksand we have fallen into.

Honestly, I believe that we are all sinners, and there are many women that take abortions because of devastating situations, rather than through selfishness like others.

Many murders are committed for financial reasons and various devastating circumstances. This does not mean prision sentences will be waived.

Another reason for some young women (especially teenagers) to abort babies, is due to the influence of the karmas of their ancestors, rather than the karmas of their past lives.

What do you think?

Well personally I don't really accept the karma of our anscestors idea. That sounds alot like the original sin idea of the Christians which says Adams sin has been passed on to humanity. I mean if I take birth in a line of anscestors with bad karma then that again is my bad karma, right?

Bear with me, I am merely acquiring data for my research.

Thank you for your responses!

No problem. Questioning and answering is the process by which we all learn.

Thanks so much for the responses,

I am so confused by this dilemna of abortion and I am so very disgusted with crimes and all sorts of disgusting sexploitations. Why does all of this exist? :(:crying2:

My brain hurts and my heart hurts.

No matter how much we question about our concerns, it all boils down to our perceptions.....

And of all the millions and billions perceptions of others....which is the correct answer? :pray:

Why are there so many young women, especially teenagers aborting babies? Why are so many unborn babies being deprived of life in this material world? What spiritual consequences do women face for aborting babies?

Do you have a personal reason for asking or is this theoretical for you? The reason for asking is because if this is theory then you probably don't need to answer it.

I saw a bumper sticker on the back of someone's car a few years ago saying "If you don't like abortion get a vasectomy". They do it by poking holes in the back of the scrotum and cutting both of the vas deferens, the tubes which take sperm away from the testicles. The ends of the tubes are cauterized and pushed away from each other and separated by other tissue to eliminate the possibility of the ends reconnecting. It takes about three months to be certain that there is not still viable sperm in the system, and condoms or some other form of birth control is still advised during this time. After that, though, the possibility of causing an unwanted pregnancy is very slim. Sperm is still produced, but it dies and is absorbed back into the body. It is possible that antibodies will form to kill the sperm faster, so that even if the vasectomy is reversed - if the ends of the vas deferens are reconnected - then infertility will persist.

Thanks so much for the responses,

I am so confused by this dilemna of abortion and I am so very disgusted with crimes and all sorts of disgusting sexploitations. Why does all of this exist? :(:crying2:

My brain hurts and my heart hurts.

No matter how much we question about our concerns, it all boils down to our perceptions.....

And of all the millions and billions perceptions of others....which is the correct answer? :pray:

I don't see it as so confusing at all. Don't want a baby then don't have sexual intercourse. If you find yourself pregnant then be the best mother you can be. Inconvienience does not justify killing a child in the womb. You can expect in some future life to find yourself in a womb being scraped out by a scalpel. So even if one does not care about the child then act in yuour own self interest and have the child.

In the US it is a lawful practice to drop off a new born at a hospital or fire dept. immediately after birth and they will take it off your hands no questions asked, not even your name. States may differ on this law but it is common.

Give the baby up for adoption. Anything but abortion.

Denying a soul the right to a human form is a very great crime. No one should get entangled in this one.

Lol,

Thanks For The Information, And Yes It Is Personal But Only At A Philosophical And Religious Stance.

I Understand The Intervention Of Laws And Surgical Procedures To Prevent Abortion.........but There Must Be Some Sort Of Other Explanation For Such A Tragedy.

I Know What Causes It, I Am Aware Of All The Things That Exist To Prevent Such A Circumstance, I Just Would Like To Know Why It Occurs.

I Know Such Reasoning Exist In A Sort Of Theological Explanation,................... But We Will Never Know Everything, Now Would We?!

Thanks Again

I Know Such Reasoning Exist In A Sort Of Theological Explanation,................... But We Will Never Know Everything, Now Would We?!

I guess you are not reading all the responses. I'lll make this one short.

KARMIC REACTION IS THE IMMEDIATE CAUSE AND SUBSEQUENT EFFECT.

Sorry I had to raise my voice but you won't know until you learn to listen to the answer to your question.