IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
CCC

Can a Siksa Guru empower you for making disciples?

Rate this topic

Suchandra, Alright so you have finally put these in perspective and although you are repeating hearsay you may trust the persons that you heard these things from.

Not really, I'm directly involved, there's no "hearsay". Looks like you want everything in great detail. The same people who enforced for 20 years the cult of worshipping a meanwhile fallen guru, mobbing out so many hardworking devotees who didnt fit into their club, the same people are now advocating, ISKCON is a nightmare, Srila Puri Maharaja ki jaya.

Not that I doubt for one second that Srila Puri Maharaja is a great Vaishnava and pure devotee, but look how his followers in Austria treated for example Hanuman prabhu, a disciple of Srila Prabhupada. They treated him even worse one would treat a dog, finally kicking him into isolation and never contacted him although he did so much for Vaishnavism in Austria. He lives now like you wouldnt wish this to your biggest enemy, although chanting his rounds and doing his sadhana. What they did to him is not Vaishnava behaviour but Goebbel's Gestapo imitation in action.

Remember, Vienna is where Hitler was trained. The present chief of Radha Govinda Mandir, HH Muni Maharaja, his first wife, a by a Swedish couple adopted Indian orphan girl - as soon she gave birth to her first child he sent her back to Sweden with the small baby. Next marriagge, next chapter. As soon this girl gave birth to her first child kicked out of the temple, no contact with the child. HH Muni Maharaja jetted to India and immediately came back, guess what, with a danda. What kind of sannyasa is this? Sri Sriman Gadadhara prabhu, he doesn't accept someone is a Prabhupada disciple but entitles all Prabhupada disciples with their karmi name. And this is what people should consider as ideal Vaishnava behaviour and should try to follow?

Instead they invite guests from Nityananda-vamsa who Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaja was actually fighting against like anything and who preach for days in the Mandir.

"In the middle ages, after the disappearance of Lord Caitanya's great associate Lord Nityananda, a class of priestly persons claimed to be the descendents of Nityananda, calling themselves the Goswami caste. They further claimed that the practice and spreading of devotional service belonged only to their particular class, which was known as Nityananda-Vamsa. In this way they exercised their artificial power for some time, until Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, the powerful acarya of the Gaudiya Vaishnava Sampradaya completely smashed their idea. There was a great hard struggle for some time, but it has turned out successfully, and it is now correctly and practically established that devotional service is not restricted to a particular class of men. Besides that, anyone who is engaged in devotional service is already at the status of being a high-class Brahmana. So Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura's struggle for this movement has come out successful."(11)

"So My Guru Maharaja's contribution is that He defeated these caste Goswamis. He defeated this Brahmanism. He created that the same way as Caitanya Mahaprabhu did, ...That is the contribution say, within one hundred years. For this reason He had to face so many vehement protests from this Brahmana class, Goswamins."(12)

Feel free to ask more questions, there's lot more. Although advanced Vaishnavas like Indulehkadasi consider this as gossip and want to rather brush plain facts under the carpet, why not help the Vaishnava community with some warning in advance?

Why always wait till things repeat itself again and again, milk shouldnt be allowed to boil over.

A devote said me that His Guru (Disciple of Srila Prabhupada) went to Sridhar Maharaj and He said Him that he should make disciples.

As far as I know The Diksa Guru entrust his disciple to be a Guru, Srila Prabhupada was ordered by His Spiritual Master to be a Guru, but can a Siksa Guru take the position of the Diksa and say to his godbrother's disciple be guru and make disciples?

Thanks!

Hare Krsna!

Don't have any idea about the answer to your question but I thought I read somewhere in the Vedas that it is best to not have any disciples in the Kali-yuga.

I intended to offer a fairly direct answer to CCC's question early on. Here it is again:

It is Krishna who inspires and empowers devotees to preach and make disciples. He does this through any number of agents, first and foremost of which are the spiritual masters. krishna shakti vina nahe tara pravartana. . . .

Srila Prabhupada writes, "Gurun is plural in number because anyone who gives spiritual instructions based on the revealed scriptures is accepted as a spiritual master. Although others give help in showing the way to beginners, the guru who first initiates one with the maha-mantra is to be known as the initiator, and the saints who give instructions for progressive advancement in Krsna consciousness are called instructing spiritual masters. The initiating and instructing spiritual masters are equal and identical manifestations of Krsna, although they have different dealings."

(From Sri Chaitanya-charitamrita, Adi 1.34, purport)