IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Queen Srimati Kunti Devi : the incarnation of KRSNA's success potency!

Rate this topic

Success Potency Personified?

BY: SADHUSANGA.COM

Feb 13, INDIA (SUN) —

Brahmananda: So, what are you working on now?

Sadhusanga: Srimad Bhagavatam First Canto Chapter Eight, Prayers by Queen Kunti.

Brahmananda: Oh! Srila Prabhupada liked those prayers very much! One time in 1966 when he wasn’t feeling well, Prabhupada called me into his room and asked me to read the Prayers of Queen Kunti. Then, during 1977 in Bombay when he was indisposed and not feeling well, he again called me to his room and asked me to read Prayers of Queen Kunti.

-----------------

Consider the traumatic life of Queen Kunti:

As a young girl she was given away by her parents.

She gave birth to a male child before she was married.

Then, to avert social scorn she placed her baby in a basket, and sent it down a river.

Years later, her husband Pandu was cursed, so she couldn’t have children with him, but due to a mystical boon she gave birth to three more sons from three different males, only to learn her husband became lusty over her co-wife and died!

Subsequently, her eldest son reappeared and became bitter enemies with his unknown brothers, thus siding with the evil King Duryodana who tormented her family for years.

The king engaged in hundreds of political intrigues against them, attempted to poison her son Bhima, set fire to their residential quarters, and finally exiled her family from the kingdom for thirteen years after cheating at dice and attempting to disrobe her daughter-in-law in public.

As if that weren’t enough, upon her son’s return from exile they engaged in the bloodiest war during the last 5000 years wherein 640 million people were slaughtered in eighteen days.

After all this, her Lord, Sri Krsna, was preparing to depart and head home for Dwaraka.

He came to her, His aunt, to offer respects before leaving, and this is when Queen Kunti opened her heart and offered her prayers, which were filled with a sea of emotions.

In the purport to SB 1.13.3-4 Kunti is described as the incarnation of the success potency of the Personality of Godhead.

Is it any wonder materialists can’t understand the science of Krsna consciousness?:pray:

What could be more successful that to be in Krishna's presense regularly? To have him save her sons when he didn't save the sons of his own mother Devki? To have him protect her daughter-in-law Draupadi when no one else would?

Kunti's sons were beloved to Krishna, who always stood by their side and helped them solve their problems. Even Karna, who stood on evil Duryodhana's side, was treated affectionately by Krishna.

Kunti overcame great hardship and pain and still her heart remained pure with love of Krishna.

That's success.

Haribol! Jai Kunti Maharani!

Jai

Exact Verse

vipadaḥ santu tāḥ śaśvat

tatra tatra jagad-guro

bhavato darśanaḿ yat syād

apunar bhava-darśanam

SYNONYMS

vipadaḥ — calamities; santu — let there be; tāḥ — all; śaśvat — again and again; tatra — there; tatra — and there; jagat-guroO Lord of the universe; bhavataḥ — Your; darśanam — meeting; yat — that which; syāt — is; apunaḥ — not again; bhava-darśanam — seeing repetition of birth and death.

TRANSLATION

I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths.

Queen Kunti a book by the BBT is an in depth explanation of the prayers to Lord Krishna by Kuntidevi.

When you look at her life you see the power she carried as a wife, mother mother-in-law, and queen...going through obstacles and asking for more because she knew that it gave her the chance to stay close to Krishna.

Its something we should incorporate into our lives. As a woman I always see many other women quarreling and crying about the minor discomforts of life. Its pretty sad how a old car, old sari, or not enough privacy are a matter of concern...We should look for role models in personalities like Kuntidevi and Ghandaridevi who stood up for the truth.

A wonderful post by you krsna...thank you

Jai Shri Krishna

Jai Sri Kunti Mata! :D BTW, and there's much speculation on both sides of this argument (it doesn't really make a difference to me either way... just curious), does anyone know whether Kunti Devi conceived each of her children chastely or through having relations with each of the devas. Does anyone have a definitive answer on it? Thanks!

Jai Sri Radhe-Kanta! Jai Sri Kunti Mata! :)

Jai Sri Kunti Mata! :D BTW, and there's much speculation on both sides of this argument (it doesn't really make a difference to me either way... just curious), does anyone know whether Kunti Devi conceived each of her children chastely or through having relations with each of the devas. Does anyone have a definitive answer on it? Thanks!

Jai Sri Radhe-Kanta! Jai Sri Kunti Mata! :)

If I can recall Kunti Mata remained chaste and she concieved via mantra from the various Devtas.

I am sure other devotees who have studied the Mahabharat will be able to give accurate sanskrit text regarding your question.

Personally I do not think it is appropriate to question Kunti Mata's Chastness. Rather concentrate on the teachings of Queen Kunti for that will lead us closer to our goal i.e. Krsna/Krishna Conciousness.:pray:

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada

If I can recall Kunti Mata remained chaste and she concieved via mantra from the various Devtas.

I am sure other devotees who have studied the Mahabharat will be able to give accurate sanskrit text regarding your question.

Personally I do not think it is appropriate to question Kunti Mata's Chastness. Rather concentrate on the teachings of Queen Kunti for that will lead us closer to our goal i.e. Krsna/Krishna Conciousness.:pray:

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada

The mantra was only for calling the demigods. But demigods are so powerful that they are able to give children through the mind.

Kunti devi did everything only for the sake of her husband so her chastity can't be questioned.

Hare Krishna and Jai Nitai

As I recall, when Surya Dev gave Kunti his baby who later became known as Karna, she protested and said that she couldn't have a child as she was unmarried. He told her that her virginity would remain intact and her chastity would never be doubted.

Jai Kunti Maharani!

Jai

As I recall, when Surya Dev gave Kunti his baby who later became known as Karna, she protested and said that she couldn't have a child as she was unmarried. He told her that her virginity would remain intact and her chastity would never be doubted.

Jai Kunti Maharani!

Jai

Thank you for the quote from the Mahabharata! I started reading part of an abridged version, and it said that Surya Dev restored Her virginity... after. I threw it out after I read that b/c I didn't think it made sense that he'd be able to restore Her virginity, but not have Her conceive virginally.

Jai Sri Kunti Mata! :)

Thank you for the quote from the Mahabharata! I started reading part of an abridged version, and it said that Surya Dev restored Her virginity... after. I threw it out after I read that b/c I didn't think it made sense that he'd be able to restore Her virginity, but not have Her conceive virginally.

Jai Sri Kunti Mata! :)

Kunti devi concieved Karna from her ear so she was totally chaste.

Consider the traumatic life of Queen Kunti:

As a young girl she was given away by her parents.

She gave birth to a male child before she was married.

Then, to avert social scorn she placed her baby in a basket, and sent it down a river.

Years later, her husband Pandu was cursed, so she couldn’t have children with him, but due to a mystical boon she gave birth to three more sons from three different males, only to learn her husband became lusty over her co-wife and died!

Subsequently, her eldest son reappeared and became bitter enemies with his unknown brothers, thus siding with the evil King Duryodana who tormented her family for years.

The king engaged in hundreds of political intrigues against them, attempted to poison her son Bhima, set fire to their residential quarters, and finally exiled her family from the kingdom for thirteen years after cheating at dice and attempting to disrobe her daughter-in-law in public.

As if that weren’t enough, upon her son’s return from exile they engaged in the bloodiest war during the last 5000 years wherein 640 million people were slaughtered in eighteen days.

After all this, her Lord, Sri Krsna, was preparing to depart and head home for Dwaraka.

He came to her, His aunt, to offer respects before leaving, and this is when Queen Kunti opened her heart and offered her prayers, which were filled with a sea of emotions.

What is light for one is darkness for another. Srimati Kuntidevi is successful because she is thoroughly defeated.

When one is winning, it is impossible to even think of surrender, so if surrender to higher truth is desired (ie Krsna consciousness), one must accept thorough defeat in all attempts in winning anything at all.

Srimati Kunthi is the embodiment of surrender, and her success is that she is defeated thoroughly. The Teachings of Queen Kunti is the best book in describing the process of surrender, defeat, and ultimate success in what has any value at all.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

What is light for one is darkness for another. Srimati Kuntidevi is successful because she is thoroughly defeated.

When one is winning, it is impossible to even think of surrender, so if surrender to higher truth is desired (ie Krsna consciousness), one must accept thorough defeat in all attempts in winning anything at all.

Srimati Kunthi is the embodiment of surrender, and her success is that she is defeated thoroughly. The Teachings of Queen Kunti is the best book in describing the process of surrender, defeat, and ultimate success in what has any value at all.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

I think She's more of His devotion-potency... Her very name means "to invoke/pray".

Jai Sri Kunti Mata :)

Ultimate Success !

What is light for one is darkness for another.

Srimati Kuntidevi is successful because she is thoroughly defeated.

Srimati Kunthi is the embodiment of surrender, and her success is that she is defeated thoroughly.

The Teachings of Queen Kunti is the best book in describing the process of surrender, defeat, and ultimate success in what has any value at all.

haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Yay! I got one right (for once)! :D

Jai Nitai-Gauranga :)

You always get the knack of things in Krishna consciousness. Krishna consciousness is so simple but can be very hard to understand for the people attached to sense gratification. You are obviously not one of those people.

Hare Krishna and Jai Nitai

indulekhadasi

Indulekha! Your new avatar is absolutely beautiful! What temple has such a beautiful idol of Srimati Radharani?

Jai Radha-Kanta! :)

JohnWayne_home.gif

Where I come from son, we don't call our murtis, idols. We call them dieties!

Indulekha! Your new avatar is absolutely beautiful! What temple has such a beautiful idol of Srimati Radharani?

Jai Radha-Kanta! :)

That is not a diety of Srimati Radharani. It is a deity of Srimati Indulekha devi. This temple is the ISKCON temple of Mayapura, Navadvipa, West Bengal, INDIA.