IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Giving A Class That's Successful

Rate this topic

Giving A Class That's Successful

by HH Satsvarupa das Goswami

8yb6dx.jpg

Tonight I gave a class to a completely packed room of devotees from the Mayapur Institute of Higher Education. It consisted of answering questions they had previously submitted. All the questions were about japa. Caitanya Candrodaya had supplied me answers from Prabhupada's letters and Japa Reform Notebook from Vedabase. I elaborated on these answers with my own comments. As the class rolled on, I felt more and more confident that it was going well. It's such an ecstatic feeling to give a class that's successful. Earlier, when they were rolling me around the campus in the wheelchair, I felt like such a 'bad boy,' feeling partly ashamed that I'm the black sheep of the family. But I don't think devotees look at me that way, so I shouldn't feel that way. Even if a few do, why should I worry? In the classroom tonight, there was hardly anyone who looked like that. They were all beaming with satisfaction at the answers I gave them, answers from the sastras and from my heart and from the tiny realizations I'm getting from doing some extra chanting here in the dhama. Yes, it is the dhama, a special place. The devotees here realize it, and I do not realize it. I'm so foolish. Nevertheless, the blessings of the dhama come even to an unwilling person. It's said that even when you lie down to sleep, you're doing dandavats. Everything has increased potency, and that counts whether you realize it or not. It's good to give out the knowledge that you have and not just sit alone. I feel quieter and more serious. I also feel less confident of my delivery. But if they can give me the right kind of questions, if I can get on the right track in delivery, then there's no reason not to feel confident. After all, you've been a student for over forty years. You ought to know something. And even if it's not the topmost knowledge, not the best of the lecturers, it's what you can do. It's your offering. You can't deny the devotees your offering, and when you do give it, you see they appreciate it. Devotees came up to me after the class and told me how they appreciated my books, including my "journals".

Suchandraji,

You are doing a noble job, and Lord Krishna appointed you to do it.

I got the mantra upasana from you. I have been a devotee of Shirdi Sai baba, Shree Swami Samartha and Lord Shiva.

Do you think that I should switch to the chanting that you told me.What about the diet? I eat non-veg food.

I do tie rakhi to LordKrishna, since I do not have a brother.

Please letmeknow.

Regards,

Manaswini

If it is difficult for you to give up meat cold turkey don't be discouraged. Chant Hare Krishna and gradually all these bad habits will fall away.

I think you should just stick to Lord Shiva and Lord Krishna. Understand that Lord Krishna and Lord Shiva have a very special relationship with each other. Lord Shiva enjoys being Krishna's servant and is very pleased if you worship him asking for bhakti for Krishna. Since he is Ashutosh he is easily pleased and will grant it. When you gradually become a pure devotee of Lord Krishna all of your problems will fade away. Not that the problems itself will go away (in the material world there are always problems) but the problems will no longer affect you in an adverse way because you will develop a high sense of tolerance by chanting Hare Krishna.

Wishing you good luck on your spiritual journey,

indulekhadasi

If it is difficult for you to give up meat cold turkey don't be discouraged. Chant Hare Krishna and gradually all these bad habits will fall away.

I think you should just stick to Lord Shiva and Lord Krishna. Understand that Lord Krishna and Lord Shiva have a very special relationship with each other. Lord Shiva enjoys being Krishna's servant and is very pleased if you worship him asking for bhakti for Krishna. Since he is Ashutosh he is easily pleased and will grant it. When you gradually become a pure devotee of Lord Krishna all of your problems will fade away. Not that the problems itself will go away (in the material world there are always problems) but the problems will no longer affect you in an adverse way because you will develop a high sense of tolerance by chanting Hare Krishna.

Wishing you good luck on your spiritual journey,

indulekhadasi

Thanks Indulekhadasi, yes even children can chant, it is so easy.

<embed src="

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425">

Suchandraji or Indulekhadasiji,

Is it necessary to do the 16 rounds at one siting? or we can spread it out?

Do we need to sit on an asan?

Regards,

manaswini

It is not mandatory to do it all at one sitting. However you will get best results by doing it in the early morning right before sunrise (brahma muhurta time). It is proper to sit on an asana and it should be quite comfortable so you don't get distracted while chanting. However if you feel you are going to fall asleep while chanting it is better to walk slowly back and forth.

Hope this helps,

indulekhadasi