IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why Do So Many People (Almost All!)Seem to Be Completely Mad?(As In An Insane Asylum)

Rate this topic

With all due respect to all of Krsna's jivas who have made the biggest blunder to come here in this material world rather than enter into the spiritual world with Sri Radha and Krsna, ...:crazy2:

why does it seem like I'm surrounded by lunatics from the mad house?:crazy::confused:

I want to be a gentleman but experience tells me that I place myself:eek: in very dangerous position every time i try to..?:pray::confused:

With all due respect to all of Krsna's jivas who have made the biggest blunder to come here in this material world rather than enter into the spiritual world with Sri Radha and Krsna, ...:crazy2:

why does it seem like I'm surrounded by lunatics from the mad house?:crazy::confused:

I want to be a gentleman but experience tells me that I place myself:eek: in very dangerous position every time i try to..?:pray::confused:

It's indeed a mad age we're presently living in, instead of realizing that we're not this body, modern science discovered how to plastinate bodies and preserve bodies to become "immortal". To point out what? The soul has left the body but they make global exhibitions on "bodyworlds" and people pay to see this.

Bodyworlds exhibition, Centre De Science, Montreal:

http://www.centredessciencesdemontreal.com/BW2/fr/

http://www.centredessciencesdemontreal.com/BW2/fr/images/wallpaper/LeMondeducorps2_1024x768.jpg

http://www.centredessciencesdemontreal.com/BW2/en/multimedia/galerie.html

It seems like you are surrounded by mental patients because yes, you are living in a giant funny farm. The only difference between the staff and the patients, as we like to joke, is that the staff have keys to the doors. One of the goals of your spiritual progress is to find a state which has been described in the books I have read as a "basic sanity" which we all have at our core.

Yes we are all quite mad in the material world. Not to know one's own identity and to identify with something that one is not is a classic definition of a crazy fellow.

And then within this large group of the insane some are more passionate about their expressions of madness then others. They will lurk about seeking to any oppurtunity to torment others.

They appear as the picture below but not always externally. Sometimes they disquise themselves as family, friends , lovers and various other types of well wishers.

lunatic.jpg

It seems like you are surrounded by mental patients because yes, you are living in a giant funny farm. The only difference between the staff and the patients, as we like to joke, is that the staff have keys to the doors. One of the goals of your spiritual progress is to find a state which has been described in the books I have read as a "basic sanity" which we all have at our core.

Reminds me of a movie classic from the sixties. Anyone see the King of Hearts? If you watch movies then you should try to rent this one.

Do you long for the good old days?

Homer there are Barbarians at the Door!

"He went that-a-way"—Judas on the way to the pub.

How's the Black Plague treating you?

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in"—Isabella to the Spanish Inquisition.

"There goes the neighborhood"—Isabella to the Moors.

"I think he's our returning God"—Incas to the Conquistadors.

"I'm out of here"—European & Chinese emigrants.

"Cotton picking southern hospitality"

"Let's do business or it's war buddy"—Admiral Perry to Japan.

"Summer's coming, let's go to Saratoga"---5th Ave Barons escaping epidemics.

"HELLO: WW I , WW II , <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:place w:st=<st1:country-region w:st=" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Korea</st1:country-region>, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Vietnam</st1:country-region></st1:place>"—savvy savings bond investments.

"Ladies and gentlemen the king has left…us a bill of goods"

There has always been the dichotomy between the opposites [Duality].

There is large vast voids of black, empty space —and, there are small brilliant illuminated dots called stars— the ratio is more or less 1 Bhakta for every 100 Billion karmis. [similarly 2 Million incarcerated prison inmates vs. 250 Million law abiding tax payers.]

Equanimity of mind is most useful when charioteering around town. That's why Krsna & the sages endearingly nag us all about this.

ys,

Bhaktajan

the more psychos in your life, the more you should pine to get outta here. Well then again just reading the post title, the first thing that came to my mind is that if I am surrounded by people who seem crazy for Krishna then I should join them and all of us "crazies" can go back to him...as bhaktajan said "dichotomy between the opposites" there are crazy people who go in circles and can't seem to catch there tails in the material world and then others that are carzy about Krishna and know one day eventually we get to go back home.

Jai Shri Krishna

It's the company of madness we keep that counts.

Maybe on a deeper level this vortex of the Holy Name is trying to draw all souls back to the heart of their hearts, unbeknown to us. All this could cause some conflict with our own independent will.

Causing some rather irrational behaviour in the jivas perhaps:eek::pray::crazy::crying2::mad2::sleep::idea::confused::eek4::P:(.

Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu said, "'Though the hearts of the gopīs are like high-standing hills, they are inundated by the waves of the nectarean ocean of Kṛṣṇa's beauty. His sweet voice enters their ears and gives them transcendental bliss, the touch of His body is cooler than millions and millions of moons together, and the nectar of His bodily fragrance overfloods the entire world. O My dear friend, that Kṛṣṇa, who is the son of Nanda Mahārāja and whose lips are exactly like nectar, is attracting My five senses by force.'CC Antya 15.15: "Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa's beauty, the sound of His words and the vibration of His flute, His touch, His fragrance and the taste of His lips are full of an indescribable sweetness. When all these features attract My five senses at once, My senses all ride together on the single horse of My mind but want to go in five different directions.

CC Antya 15.16: "O My dear friend, please hear the cause of My misery. My five senses are actually extravagant rogues. They know very well that Kṛṣṇa is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but they still want to plunder Kṛṣṇa's property.

CC Antya 15.17: "My mind is just like a single horse being ridden by the five senses of perception, headed by sight. Each of My senses wants to ride that horse, and thus they pull My mind in five directions simultaneously. In what direction will it go? If they all pull at one time, certainly the horse will lose its life. How can I tolerate this atrocity?

CC Antya 15.18: "My dear friend, if you say, 'Just try to control Your senses,' what shall I say? I cannot become angry at My senses. Is it their fault? Kṛṣṇa's beauty, sound, touch, fragrance and taste are by nature extremely attractive. These five features are attracting My senses, and each wants to drag My mind in a different direction. In this way the life of My mind is in great danger, just like a horse ridden in five directions at once. Thus I am also in danger of dying.

CC Antya 15.19: "The consciousness of each woman within the three worlds is certainly like a high hill, but the sweetness of Kṛṣṇa's beauty is like an ocean. Even a drop of water from that ocean can flood the entire world and submerge all the high hills of consciousness.

CC Antya 15.20: "The sweetness of Kṛṣṇa's joking words plays indescribable havoc with the hearts of all women. His words bind a woman's ear to the qualities of their sweetness. Thus there is a tug-of-war, and the life of the ear departs.

CC Antya 15.21: "Kṛṣṇa's transcendental body is so cool that it cannot be compared even to sandalwood pulp or to millions upon millions of moons. It expertly attracts the breasts of all women, which resemble high hills. Indeed, the transcendental body of Kṛṣṇa attracts the minds of all women within the three worlds.

CC Antya 15.22: "The fragrance of Kṛṣṇa's body is more maddening than the aroma of musk, and it surpasses the fragrance of the bluish lotus flower. It enters the nostrils of all the women of the world and, making a nest there, thus attracts them.

CC Antya 15.23: "Kṛṣṇa's lips are so sweet when combined with the camphor of His gentle smile that they attract the minds of all women, forcing them to give up all other attractions. If the sweetness of Kṛṣṇa's smile is unobtainable, great mental difficulties and lamentation result. That sweetness is the only wealth of the gopīs of Vṛndāvana."

CC Antya 15.24: After speaking in this way, Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu caught hold of the necks of Rāmānanda Rāya and Svarūpa Dāmodara. Then the Lord said, "My dear friends, please listen to Me. What shall I do? Where shall I go? Where can I go to get Kṛṣṇa? Please, both of you, tell Me how I can find Him."

CC Antya 15.25: Thus absorbed in transcendental pain, Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu lamented day after day in the company of Svarūpa Dāmodara Gosvāmī and Rāmānanda Rāya.

CC Antya 15.26: To enhance the ecstatic mood of the Lord, Svarūpa Dāmodara Gosvāmī would sing appropriate songs and Rāmānanda Rāya would recite suitable verses. In this way they were able to pacify Him.

_00mahaprabhu.jpg

Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu said, "'Though the hearts of the gopīs are like high-standing hills, they are inundated by the waves of the nectarean ocean of Kṛṣṇa's beauty. His sweet voice enters their ears and gives them transcendental bliss, the touch of His body is cooler than millions and millions of moons together, and the nectar of His bodily fragrance overfloods the entire world. O My dear friend, that Kṛṣṇa, who is the son of Nanda Mahārāja and whose lips are exactly like nectar, is attracting My five senses by force.'CC Antya 15.15: "Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa's beauty, the sound of His words and the vibration of His flute, His touch, His fragrance and the taste of His lips are full of an indescribable sweetness. When all these features attract My five senses at once, My senses all ride together on the single horse of My mind but want to go in five different directions.

CC Antya 15.16: "O My dear friend, please hear the cause of My misery. My five senses are actually extravagant rogues. They know very well that Kṛṣṇa is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but they still want to plunder Kṛṣṇa's property.

CC Antya 15.17: "My mind is just like a single horse being ridden by the five senses of perception, headed by sight. Each of My senses wants to ride that horse, and thus they pull My mind in five directions simultaneously. In what direction will it go? If they all pull at one time, certainly the horse will lose its life. How can I tolerate this atrocity?

CC Antya 15.18: "My dear friend, if you say, 'Just try to control Your senses,' what shall I say? I cannot become angry at My senses. Is it their fault? Kṛṣṇa's beauty, sound, touch, fragrance and taste are by nature extremely attractive. These five features are attracting My senses, and each wants to drag My mind in a different direction. In this way the life of My mind is in great danger, just like a horse ridden in five directions at once. Thus I am also in danger of dying.

CC Antya 15.19: "The consciousness of each woman within the three worlds is certainly like a high hill, but the sweetness of Kṛṣṇa's beauty is like an ocean. Even a drop of water from that ocean can flood the entire world and submerge all the high hills of consciousness.

CC Antya 15.20: "The sweetness of Kṛṣṇa's joking words plays indescribable havoc with the hearts of all women. His words bind a woman's ear to the qualities of their sweetness. Thus there is a tug-of-war, and the life of the ear departs.

CC Antya 15.21: "Kṛṣṇa's transcendental body is so cool that it cannot be compared even to sandalwood pulp or to millions upon millions of moons. It expertly attracts the breasts of all women, which resemble high hills. Indeed, the transcendental body of Kṛṣṇa attracts the minds of all women within the three worlds.

CC Antya 15.22: "The fragrance of Kṛṣṇa's body is more maddening than the aroma of musk, and it surpasses the fragrance of the bluish lotus flower. It enters the nostrils of all the women of the world and, making a nest there, thus attracts them.

CC Antya 15.23: "Kṛṣṇa's lips are so sweet when combined with the camphor of His gentle smile that they attract the minds of all women, forcing them to give up all other attractions. If the sweetness of Kṛṣṇa's smile is unobtainable, great mental difficulties and lamentation result. That sweetness is the only wealth of the gopīs of Vṛndāvana."

CC Antya 15.24: After speaking in this way, Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu caught hold of the necks of Rāmānanda Rāya and Svarūpa Dāmodara. Then the Lord said, "My dear friends, please listen to Me. What shall I do? Where shall I go? Where can I go to get Kṛṣṇa? Please, both of you, tell Me how I can find Him."

CC Antya 15.25: Thus absorbed in transcendental pain, Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu lamented day after day in the company of Svarūpa Dāmodara Gosvāmī and Rāmānanda Rāya.

CC Antya 15.26: To enhance the ecstatic mood of the Lord, Svarūpa Dāmodara Gosvāmī would sing appropriate songs and Rāmānanda Rāya would recite suitable verses. In this way they were able to pacify Him.

Have you ever lived in an actual madhouse or is this just a metaphor which seemed like it might fit?

emmett-kelly-biography.jpg

In Union-occupied Georgia, a Confederate weeps as spectators watch the historic flags of Georgia and South Carolina regiments leave to cross the St. Marys River into Florida, Feb. 19, 1865, in Folkston GA.