IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
RadheRade1657

Radharani after Krishna left for Mathura?

Rate this topic

Haribol friends!

Does anyone know what happened in Srimati Radharani's life after Sri Krishna left for Mathura? How did Her "death" occur? Did She stay in Vrindavan? Did She wonder around India from temple to temple? What did She do after He left? Does anyone know? I've heard that She saw everything around Her as being Krishna and used to embrace even trees upon seeing the Lord that resides within them. Is that true? If you can tell me anything about what She did after Sri Krishna went to Mathura, I would deeply appreciate it! Thanks guys!

Radhe Radhe! ;)

She left the planet in intense separation from Krishna on the banks of the Yamuna. The Sakhis then drowned her body in the Yamuna according to her orders. She then incarnated as Satyabhama devi and was married to Krishna in Dwarika.

After Krishna left she wandered around as if she were mad. Yes, she embraced trees especially tamal trees (dark colored trees that were the same color as Krishna) thinking them to be Krishna.

Very sad, very very sad.

There is a nice song by Narottam das Thakura on this matter. You can hear it by going to the following page: http://kksongs.org/audio/sri_krsna_virohe.mp3

This is the meaning:

1) Whenever Radha is suffering in separation from Krsna and I am unable to give any solace, my heart breaks for I am unable to tolerate seeing Her condition so pitiful. Then I am fully prepared to give up my life for the sake of Their happy reunion.

2) If I were ever to give up the lotus feet of Sri Radhika, I would become totally devastated in an instant. For Her sake, I am prepared to tolerate the pain and the agony of death hundreds of times.

3) When will I be able to serve such a divine pair of lotus feet as Radha's? Alas, I beg you all, oh residents of Vraja, please be merciful to me now! When will you take me in the transcendental forests of Vrndavana?

4) Oh Vilasa Manjari! Oh Ananga Manjari! Oh Rupa Manjari! Please lift me up and bring me close to your own lotus feet, thus bestowing upon me the quintessence of eternal spiritual perfection!

She left the planet in intense separation from Krishna on the banks of the Yamuna. The Sakhis then drowned her body in the Yamuna according to her orders. She then incarnated as Satyabhama devi and was married to Krishna in Dwarika.

After Krishna left she wandered around as if she were mad. Yes, she embraced trees especially tamal trees (dark colored trees that were the same color as Krishna) thinking them to be Krishna.

Very sad, very very sad.

There is a nice song by Narottam das Thakura on this matter. You can hear it by going to the following page: http://kksongs.org/audio/sri_krsna_virohe.mp3

This is the meaning:

1) Whenever Radha is suffering in separation from Krsna and I am unable to give any solace, my heart breaks for I am unable to tolerate seeing Her condition so pitiful. Then I am fully prepared to give up my life for the sake of Their happy reunion.

2) If I were ever to give up the lotus feet of Sri Radhika, I would become totally devastated in an instant. For Her sake, I am prepared to tolerate the pain and the agony of death hundreds of times.

3) When will I be able to serve such a divine pair of lotus feet as Radha's? Alas, I beg you all, oh residents of Vraja, please be merciful to me now! When will you take me in the transcendental forests of Vrndavana?

4) Oh Vilasa Manjari! Oh Ananga Manjari! Oh Rupa Manjari! Please lift me up and bring me close to your own lotus feet, thus bestowing upon me the quintessence of eternal spiritual perfection!

That's terrible! Poor Radha :( That's so sad. How long after He left did She die? I can't even imagine what the Gopis must've went through after She died :( I always wear a pendant of Her lotus feet... those poor feet that wandered around the forests of Vrindavan longing for Sri Krishna to come back so they could run to Him :(

Radhe Radhe!

That's terrible! Poor Radha :( That's so sad. How long after He left did She die? I can't even imagine what the Gopis must've went through after She died :( I always wear a pendant of Her lotus feet... those poor feet that wandered around the forests of Vrindavan longing for Sri Krishna to come back so they could run to Him :(

Radhe Radhe!

Good thing in Goloka there is no such thing such as the separation of Radha and Krishna!:D

It was some years later. 30 or 50 years about. She could tolerate for all those years because she kept thinking "Krishna said he will come back and Krishna won't lie..." but after a while she gave up hope.:crying2: Then she began to associate with Krishna as Satyabhama but it was not as enjoyable because of the awe and reverence. However Satyabhama had Vishwakarma make a very life like deity of Krishna (without a crown and all that jewelry- typical Vrindavan style Krishna). She used to enjoy pastimes with this deity in a secluded garden in Dwarika.

Good thing in Goloka there is no such thing such as the separation of Radha and Krishna!:D

It was some years later. 30 or 50 years about. She could tolerate for all those years because she kept thinking "Krishna said he will come back and Krishna won't lie..." but after a while she gave up hope.:crying2: Then she began to associate with Krishna as Satyabhama but it was not as enjoyable because of the awe and reverence. However Satyabhama had Vishwakarma make a very life like deity of Krishna (without a crown and all that jewelry- typical Vrindavan style Krishna). She used to enjoy pastimes with this deity in a secluded garden in Dwarika.

Yes! If it weren't for that, I'd be mourning forever, rather than rejoicing that They're together now :)

Did Her family arrange Her a marriage during that time? I hope not... I bet She would've hated that :( Did Satyabhama know that She was Radharani in Her past-life? I love the story where She and Krishna save Aditi's earrings from the Narakasura! ;)

Radhe Radhe! :)

When Radharani was having conjugal pastimes in Vrindavan when Krishna was still there she was already married to a guy named Abhimanyu (not the Abhimanyu of Mahabharata). Her in-laws gave her a lot of trouble because she hardly attended to her wifely duties. But Radharani was so powerful that no other man but Krishna could gaze at her, not even Abhimanyu.

I am sure Satyabhama was aware that she was an incarnation of Radharani. Otherwise why would she ask Vishwakarma to make a simple looking Krishna?

You mean Bhaumasura right? Or is Narakasura another name for Bhaumasura? I wrote a book about Bhaumasura when I was 7. I still have the tape of me reciting it. :)

When Radharani was having conjugal pastimes in Vrindavan when Krishna was still there she was already married to a guy named Abhimanyu (not the Abhimanyu of Mahabharata). Her in-laws gave her a lot of trouble because she hardly attended to her wifely duties. But Radharani was so powerful that no other man but Krishna could gaze at her, not even Abhimanyu.

I am sure Satyabhama was aware that she was an incarnation of Radharani. Otherwise why would she ask Vishwakarma to make a simple looking Krishna?

You mean Bhaumasura right? Or is Narakasura another name for Bhaumasura? I wrote a book about Bhaumasura when I was 7. I still have the tape of me reciting it. :)

I've heard that when Abhimanyu was "with" :crazy2: Her, She'd use the power of Maya to make a shadow-self (making him think that he was with Her when he wasn't), and She'd go to the forests to see Sri Krishna and Her Sakhis. Has anyone else ever heard of that? I've also heard that She made the same shadow-image appear and take Her place on Her wedding day.

I agree... that only makes sense, since Krishna tells Arjuna that He remembers all of His previous incarnations, while Arjuna doesn't. So, if Sri Krishna remembers His incarnations, why wouldn't Srimati Radharani?

I think Narakasura is another name for Bhaumasura... Narakasura (literally, "hell-demon" LOL) was also the one that kidnapped the 16,108 Brahmin wives and raped them, so when they couldn't go back to their husbands Sri Krishna married them on the spot. Another lovely pastime :)

Radhe Radhe!

I've heard that when Abhimanyu was "with" :crazy2: Her, She'd use the power of Maya to make a shadow-self (making him think that he was with Her when he wasn't), and She'd go to the forests to see Sri Krishna and Her Sakhis. Has anyone else ever heard of that? I've also heard that She made the same shadow-image appear and take Her place on Her wedding day.

I agree... that only makes sense, since Krishna tells Arjuna that He remembers all of His previous incarnations, while Arjuna doesn't. So, if Sri Krishna remembers His incarnations, why wouldn't Srimati Radharani?

I think Narakasura is another name for Bhaumasura... Narakasura (literally, "hell-demon" LOL) was also the one that kidnapped the 16,108 Brahmin wives and raped them, so when they couldn't go back to their husbands Sri Krishna married them on the spot. Another lovely pastime :)

Radhe Radhe!

I have not heared that but I wouldn't have any reason to doubt that.

Yes, Bhaumasura is the same as Narakasura- I could tell when you explained about the 16,108 wives.

I have not heared that but I wouldn't have any reason to doubt that.

Yes, Bhaumasura is the same as Narakasura- I could tell when you explained about the 16.108 wives.

Well... I like to think that was the case. I mean, it's either that or he raped Her. :( which is a thought I can't even stand to entertain. I don't think that was the case though, because the only person who would be able to do that to Radharani would be a real Naraka-asura, and we know what Sri Krishna does to them! Poor Radharani... Her life was so hard. But, now She's in Goloka with Her Divine Love, and there is no sadness and only perfect love and joy :)

I love the pastime of the 16,108 wives! It's too sweet :D

Jai Radha-Madhava!

I wonder how many more lifetimes it will take before we are blessed to serve Shrimati Radharani and Lord Krishna.

You know I have always thought of this seperation pastimes of Shrimati Radharani as an example to us because until we don't feel the pangs of seperation and anxiety of not having our giridar with us, we are not good enough to go back home. Home to our Lord.

Jai Shri Krishna

Yes we must cry, cry, cry for Krishna!

And the only way we can cry is realize that we are separated from the Lord! What could be more sad than that?

But lowly people like me think that we are happy even though we are separated with Krishna. We think we are "enjoying". Fie on me! Thank you Radhe Radhe for putting up this thread and sopatel for reminding me that I am simply in illusion and my "enjoyment" is temporary.

no no Indulekhaji, I take more inspiration from you and your deep thoughts. I thank you for being such a positive motivation and I thank radhe radhe for opening this thread.

Jai Shri Krishna

I thank you and Indulekha for offering your wonderful insight :) You guys always teach me so much!

Radhe Radhe! Jai Radha-Kanta!

though we should feel the pangs of seperation from krishna and want to go back to him to serve kirhsna and radharani do you guys feel that sometimes you get so caught up in material problems that you forget that you have to go back. Even if radharani showed us that this is important, man does life have a solid hold on you.

How do you guys cope with "return to material life" because rarely do I care but sometimes I really get pulled back by one situation or another. I guess you can call it a test but would like you know you opinion on it.

Jai Shri Krishna

Do not fall away from your duties. In whatever you do think of Krishna by chanting his names softly to yourself. Tell yourself that I made the mistake of coming here but I must try my best to be with Krishna which will make me eternally happy.

Hare Krishna and Jai Nitai

indulekhadasi

though we should feel the pangs of seperation from krishna and want to go back to him to serve kirhsna and radharani do you guys feel that sometimes you get so caught up in material problems that you forget that you have to go back. Even if radharani showed us that this is important, man does life have a solid hold on you.

How do you guys cope with "return to material life" because rarely do I care but sometimes I really get pulled back by one situation or another. I guess you can call it a test but would like you know you opinion on it.

Jai Shri Krishna

I fix my mind on the Lotus Feet of Radharani and chant the Holy Names. If the world keeps pulling me in, I wrap my mind and spirit closer and closer around Her Lotus Feet. She is a Merciful Saviouress from the hideous wheel of Samsara. I try to remember that Radha and Krishna don't expect perfection all the time. They appreciate the fact that we're trying and realize that we are stuck in the material world and it can be hard to get out of it's tight grip. ;)

Jai Radha-Kanta! :D

great advice you guys, I will definitly put them into use...I also start mentally chanting and making positive affirmations and things get better but when I learn from everyone I realise that I don't have to be perfect but must keep on trying.

Jai Shri Krishna

Hey guy Raadharani was in the heart of Lord as he was in her heart.They are not two, but one. In normal life too they met once.Mother Rukmini gave her warm milk to drink only to find Lords feet burnt. When she enquired The Lord Replied The Milk fell at my Feet Which eternally reside in her heart.

Actually whenever I fall back into the material society, and remember that my position isn't actually here, it makes my feeling of seperation grow even stronger because of that temporary fall down.

Always look for a positive thing even in the negative.

Well, I am a Sri Vaishnava, and our opinion is that Sri Radha is the Avatar of Goddess Nila Devi. In any case, many questions are asked about Krishna Leela - What happened to Yashoda, Radha, the Gopis and everyone else? Why did Lord Krishna leave them?

What happened to Radha and Yashoda is insignificant. Being great bhagavatas, they must have left for Parama Pada immediately. The question is, why did Sri Krishna deliberately allow the pangs of separation to exist in the heart of His devotees, who couldn't be without Him otherwise?

The answer is simple. Everything is a leela, a play of God. Lord Krishna left everyone because He wanted to do the exact opposite of what He did in His avatar as Rama.

Let me explain. Sri Rama was very upright, He always stuck to the narrow path of Dharma. He never killed anyone unless it was necessary. He never left His dearest devotees for a minute. Barring Sita's capture by Ravana, and some scattered incidents, Bhagavatas like Lakshmana, Sita, Hanuman, etc. were always with Rama. Vibhishana was gifted an archa avatar of the Lord (Sri Ranganatha of Srirangam). When Rama avatara came to an end, Lord Rama took everyone with Him to paramapada. Except for Lord Hanuman, who wished to stay in Bhu Loka, just about everyone from Ayodhya, and all the places Rama visited, went to Vaikunta.

Sri Krishna was the perfect contrast. He advocated Dharma, but never believed in sticking to one path. Here is the summary:

1) Sri Rama believed that Dharma should be accomplished by One way. Sri Krishna cheerfully led the pandavas to lie and cheat their way to Dharma.

2) Sri Rama, whenever He fought with His enemies, always left something hanging. For instance, He did not kill Shurpanaka, but only maimed her. When the 14000 Rakshasas challenged Him, He killed 13,999 only and left one. He had one chance to kill Mareecha when He was learning under Vishvamitra, but spared his life (thus allowing Mareecha to help Ravana later on).

However, Krishna killed every asura that Kamsa sent, and did it casually as well. He did not spare ANYONE. Very cheeky aspect of the Lord.

In addition, whenever Sri Rama ventured to fight, He would first take His bow, then His arrow, etc. according to proper Kshatriya fashion. Sri Krishna, on the other hand, wasted no time. In fact, He killed asuras without appearing to!!

3) Sri Rama ascended to Vaikuntha in the company of a great host. Sri Krishna went alone.

4) Sri Rama claimed to be a man. Sri Krishna openly showed Himself to be Parabrahman.

So, from this, we can understand why Sri Krishna left the Gopis and Yashoda without concern. It was just in opposite to Sri Rama taking all people with Him wherever He went!!

Lord came to Vrindavan and asked Nand, Yasoda, Radha and all gopas and gopis to go to Golok dhama. A huge chariot came down from heaven and Lord went with them to Goloka. Pls read Garg Samhita (60th chapter). Om Shri Radha Krishnabhyam namo.

S K Das