IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
deeptha_e

Typical Shri Vaishnavite Boy Names

Rate this topic

Hello,

I am trying to find some typical Iyyengar names for my baby born who is due on the 10th of April 2008. Is there some place I can look ? A book ? A wesbite? I was trying to research the Vishnu Sahasranamam - found Visiht , quite like this name , could you please tell me the meaning? I am extremely excited at the prospect of reading and analyzing the Vishnu Sahasranamam atleast now, under the pretext of looking for a name! Any suggestions are most welcome.

I request the blessings of the elders in this forum for my baby boy. Hoping he will be a man of great virtue, knowledge and humility.

In the name of the Lord Srinivasa, Maha Vishnu

Deeptha Echampati

If you are familiar with Tamil language, please get a copy of Sri Vishnu Sahasranama vilakka urai by Sri U.Ve. V V Ramanujam Swami. This book explains the meaning of entire Vishnu Sahasranamam as per the incomparable commentary called "Bhagavad Guna Darpana" graced by revered Sri Parashara Bhattar (one of the Sri Vaishnavaite Acharyas).

Or you may also get backdated copies of the Geethacharyan magazine where say 5-6 thirunamams and Their meanings are listed in every issue.

Wish you all the best!

adiyEn

If you are familiar with Tamil language, please get a copy of Sri Vishnu Sahasranama vilakka urai by Sri U.Ve. V V Ramanujam Swami. This book explains the meaning of entire Vishnu Sahasranamam as per the incomparable commentary called "Bhagavad Guna Darpana" graced by revered Sri Parashara Bhattar (one of the Sri Vaishnavaite Acharyas).

Or you may also get backdated copies of the Geethacharyan magazine where say 5-6 thirunamams and Their meanings are listed in every issue.

Wish you all the best!

adiyEn

Thank you Sudharams, this was very valuable.