IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Rishi_L

18 Million Versions Of Ramayan & Mahabharat!

Rate this topic

If 36,000 full kalpas (each of 8.64 billion years duration) constitute the lifetime of 'our' Brahma and lifeforms are only manifested in our universe during the 'day' period of our Brahma, then there'd be 18,000 kalpas (each of 4.32 billion years duration) during which lifeforms are manifested in our universe. If the histories of Ramayan & Mahabharat are supposed to recur in every mahayuga and there are 1,000 mahayugas in each 'day' of our Brahma, then does this mean that there are 18 million versions of Ramayan & Mahabharat during our Brahma's lifetime with slight variations in each and every version? I'm not sure if I got my calculations correct, as I'm feeling a bit tired at the moment. Anyway, what does everyone think?

One of my friends told me a story apparently in Ramayan about an encounter between Lord Hanuman and a rishi. The rishi appeared in Hanuman's way one time and said that he has to pay a toll of coins to pass that way. Lord Hanuman found the rishi's vessel filled up to the brim and inquired as to how the vessel was so full of toll coins. The rishi replied that they were all collected from the Hanumans of different kalpas. I don't know which Ramayan version this story originates from and to be honest, I myself doubt the veracity of this story.

But it's mind-boggling to think about nonetheless.

If the histories of Ramayan & Mahabharat are supposed to recur in every mahayuga and there are 1,000 mahayugas in each 'day' of our Brahma, then does this mean that there are 18 million versions of Ramayan & Mahabharat during our Brahma's lifetime with slight variations in each and every version?

How many real life versions of the "classic love story" do you know? I know quite a few and they are all very interesting, true, and full of meaning.

Why do you think God has to settle for the same one boring routine when He descends? He is Ananta - Unlimited and Endless.

How many real life versions of the "classic love story" do you know? I know quite a few and they are all very interesting, true, and full of meaning.

Why do you think God has to settle for the same one boring routine when He descends? He is Ananta - Unlimited and Endless.

Yeah, God isn't limited in ANY way WHATSOEVER. Totally agree with you, man!

Do events similar to Ramayan & Mahabharat occur elsewhere in this universe?

These pastimes are ALWAYS being repeated somewhere in the vast material universes for the entire duration of the mahat tattva (material creation)

These pastimes are ALWAYS being repeated somewhere in the vast material universes for the entire duration of the mahat tattva (material creation)

And this also fits nicely into the 'chaotic model' presented in thread: Spritual Discussions / Does 'free will' exist? :)