IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Christ and KRSNA holding hands:Theologically,this picture might be open to discussion

Rate this topic

The Aquarian bible is a bogus scripture. Prabhupada's disciples were so rascal that they presented this bogus scripture to him as a bonafide authentic teaching from Jesus' parampara / sampradaya.

Had he been informed that this "scripture" was fabricated by a mayavadi, Srila Prabhupada would have been outraged at his followers for presenting it as authentic.

"The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ (full title: The Aquarian Age Gospel of Jesus, the Christ of the Piscean Age) claims to be the true story of the life of Jesus, including “the ‘lost’ eighteen years silent in the New Testament.” The book, first published in 1908, was written by Levi H. Dowling (aka Levi) during the late nineteenth century. Dowling claimed to have transcribed it from the Akashic Records." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aquarian_Gospel_of_Jesus_the_Christ

The idea of "Akashic Record" is outright demonic mayavadi poison:

"The Akashic records (Akasha is a Sanskrit word meaning "sky", "space" or "aether") is a term from Hinduism that was incorporated into Theosophy denoting a collection of mystical knowledge encoded in a non-physical plane of existence. The Records are supposed to contain all knowledge, including all human experience, of the history of the Cosmos. The Akashic Records are metaphorically described as a library and are also likened to a universal computer or the 'Mind of God'. The records are supposed to be constantly updated. The concept originated in the theosophical movements of the 19th Century, and remains prevalent in New Age discourse." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_Records

Sorry, didn't know that. Ok, Jai Nitai!

All glories to Lord Jesus Christ!

Sorry, didn't know that. Ok, Jai Nitai!

All glories to Lord Jesus Christ!

Thank you for your sincerity.

Jesus certainly may have been in India. There is no question that the traditions of authentic Christianity and Vaisnavism have some relationship. In fact, historical (linguistics, archeology) research indicates that prior to the time of Christ, the sattvic, mono theistic devotees worshipped God as Radha Krsna.

Radha Krsna worship was unique to cities "Purusha" cities throughout the entire civilized world. In India, these cities had "Pur" e.g. Puri, Malyapur, etc. In the semetic world, cities with names containing "Ur", in Greece "PolPolis", (the word Polis is cognate with the word Purusha) and even the word "Police" which means "Protector" .. Purusha!

In these cities, temples can be found to have a form of Radha Krsna worship!

This tells us that the philosophies Krsna Consciousness at the time of Christ were not foreign at all, merely cultural expressions of one world mono theism and this includes the Jewish religion.

In fact, if the bible old testament is studied carefully, the wrathful God of the Hebrew scripture is "Time" Kala, and this I beleive in Vaisnava terms is Narshimadeva. Egypt and the middle east have many artifacts depicting the "Lion of Judah" , a half man half lion diety.

NaraHari-1.jpg

Like Sri Krishna's wrathful form in the Gita, he is remembered in the western traditions as the Lord of Time, devouring the worlds ! One of Nara Hari's names is Kalah ! In the Gita, Sri Krishna says "kalo smi". "Time I am, destroyer of the worlds". The lion headed form of Eli / Hari as time (search art history references for "leontocephalos time", chronus, saturnus, zervan, apadamek etc.) Was worshiped throughout the ancient world.
--- See the entire article here: http://www.vina.cc/stories/PHILOSOPHICAL/2003/5/thelionofjudah.html

What is the reasoning behind this statement Her Servant?

Is there a reference to an Akashic record in the Vedas? The term seems to have been introduced from "Theosophy" which has been proven to be the mayavadi hijacking of Vedic scripture.

So while the Lord Himself may keep such a record in His inconceivable mind, it is not a place that devotees should search. Rather, we should look only in our heart, and there is enough "record" there to reconcile with God.

The Power of His Mercy is the Power to ERASE anything from our past misgivings.

It's nonsense for us to think about an Akashic record. I don't want to see anyone elses sins .. I've enough of my own to deal with.

Peace and love,

HS and yours

Here again was your statement for referrence.

The idea of "Akashic Record" is outright demonic mayavadi poison:

Is there a reference to an Akashic record in the Vedas?

I don't know one way or the other.

The term seems to have been introduced from "Theosophy" which has been proven to be the mayavadi hijacking of Vedic scripture.

Mayavadis have hijack the Bhagavad-gita itself. Yes Theosophy from Madam Blavatski is Mayavadi. But that has nothing to do with if the Akashic records are genuine or not.

So while the Lord Himself may keep such a record in His inconceivable mind,

Yes He may. Just like in our minds are held impressions and memories of our individual past experiences (micrcosom) so the Lord may hold a universal memory in His form as virata-rupa.

I would be surprised if this was not the case.

..it is not a place that devotees should search. Rather, we should look only in our heart, and there is enough "record" there to reconcile with God.

Perhaps devotees should not search there. I don't know. Some devotees may waste time in the local library. But one doesn't become a demon by searching there or going to the library.

The Power of His Mercy is the Power to ERASE anything from our past misgivings.

True

It's nonsense for us to think about an Akashic record. I don't want to see anyone elses sins .. I've enough of my own to deal with.

It may be nonsense for you or I to think about anyone else's sins but not for a physchiatrist or a priest whose endeavor it is to help people through such problems. You are making a blanket statement that should be held to yourself alone.

Are you aware of Edagar Cacye the Sleeping Prophet. He helped thousands by going into a sleeping trance and in that state was shown how to help and heal people. He got the information from the Akashic records and upon awaking from trance he himself had no memory of anything that happened. He was a simple Christian man, a Sunday school teacher who was used in that way.

On Levi's work I have no opinion if it is all genuine or not. Although when you read of Jesus's teachings to the Jews and compare it to Matthew Mark John and Luke it is much clearer IMO.

I just object to the calling of Akashic records "outright demonic mayavadi poison."

The akashic records are just records of what has transpired good, bad and indifferent. A type of cosmic carbon paper if you will.

This is a friendly challege Her Servant and I hope you don't read too much into it.

OK .. I understand your point. Perhaps I was a bit harsh .. but I don't think the notion of "Akashic Record" is any GSS .. I could be mistaken.

Actually I heard of the Akashic record decades ago and I certainly wasn't offended or concerned.

I concede, it in an of itself is not Mayavadi, but there are a lot of mayavadi works that reference it .. that would be my point

OK .. I understand your point. Perhaps I was a bit harsh .. but I don't think the notion of "Akashic Record" is any GSS .. I could be mistaken.

Actually I heard of the Akashic record decades ago and I certainly wasn't offended or concerned.

I concede, it in an of itself is not Mayavadi, but there are a lot of mayavadi works that reference it .. that would be my point

Cool. When I read that sentence it was though someone else at written it. It has been a long standing habit of mine (one I am still trying to break) to speak in extremes but I had never heard you do so.

BTW what does GSS mean?

Guru Saddhu Sastra GSS

Again .. sorry to be offensive with the extreme take on "akashic record" .. again my problem is not the concept or idea, or even whether it is real, but rather, the idea seems to have originated with the mayavadis.

The other reason I took such a strong position is to "prove" that Srila Bhakti Vinod Thakur, who by all indications was a living saint, was introduced to non authentic Christian literature (and in some case given to him by "christian" missionaries)

Therefore, he is not an authorative source on Christian philosophy, nor does he have to be. A saint is not omniscient, .. he doesn't have to "be God" and know every aspect of God's manifestations.

Even on his own, he managed to cut through what he thought was "Christianity" and find his own conclusions about Jesus the Lord.

So I picked on "Akashic record" as an indicator that the Aquarian Gospel is a "bogus" representation of Christian GSS

Aquarian Gospel may be interesting, .. it may have insights, in may even contain in some part the Truth, but it is not bonafide, and as such, it must be read with caution ..

So again my point, is that as Holy and Saintly as Srila Bhakti Vinod Thakur was, he should not be taken as authorative on Christianity, nor should Sridhar Maharaja

I know that is scary to a few folks on this forum, but neither claim to be Krsna (Omnicient) and therefore, neither are ALL knowing.

What can be said is that they can speak authoratively on Gaudiya Vaisnavism and the Holy Scriptures of the Vaisnavas.

Because Sridhar Maharaja didn't have a complete of Jesus and Christianity, does not make his comments incorrect, .. but prove his comments are also incomplete.

The fact that they are not omniscient all knowing, does not detract one bit from their sainthood

Guru Saddhu Sastra GSS

Again .. sorry to be offensive with the extreme take on "akashic record" .. again my problem is not the concept or idea, or even whether it is real, but rather, the idea seems to have originated with the mayavadis.

Oh thanks. That should have been obvious.

You weren't offensive bro. I have never read anything you wrote that was offensive to anyone even in the heat of theological battle.

So again my point, is that as Holy and Saintly as Srila Bhakti Vinod Thakur was, he should not be taken as authorative on Christianity, nor should Sridhar Maharaja

I know that is scary to a few folks on this forum, but neither claim to be Krsna (Omnicient) and therefore, neither are ALL knowing.

What can be said is that they can speak authoratively on Gaudiya Vaisnavism and the Holy Scriptures of the Vaisnavas.

Because Sridhar Maharaja didn't have a complete of Jesus and Christianity, does not make his comments incorrect, .. but prove his comments are also incomplete.

The fact that they are not omniscient all knowing, does not detract one bit from their sainthood

I don't see Srila Sridhar Maharaja as being omniscient (though the Lord may reveal anything He choses to/through him), but, at the same time, I seem to remember him studying at a college run by British subjects as did Srila Prabhupada.

While Srila Sridhar Maharaja might not have read all of the works of St. Thomas Aquinas, I also do not think all of his understanding of Christianity was obtained second or third-hand. He very well may have read the Bible.

Do you know, BhaktiK, Beggar, or anybody else?

I don't see Srila Sridhar Maharaja as being omniscient (though the Lord may reveal anything He choses to/through him), but, at the same time, I seem to remember him studying at a college run by British subjects as did Srila Prabhupada.

While Srila Sridhar Maharaja might not have read all of the works of St. Thomas Aquinas, I also do not think all of his understanding of Christianity was obtained second or third-hand. He very well may have read the Bible.

Do you know, BhaktiK, Beggar, or anybody else?

I can accept, and even accept his comments that "Christianity" is incomplete. But within context of what Christian texts and thought he was presented with.

I would venture to say that His Holiness Sridhar Maharaj spent much more of his energy studying his own tradition, and sang the glories of that (Vaisnavism).

When approached about Christianity, he gave his honest perspective. AND I GREATLY respect Sridhar Maharaja.

After all, he says in Sri Guru and His Grace the "religion must be progressive" !!!

That includes you and me brother.

The worst thing for me is for me to be offensive to anyone that is sincere, particularly you prabhu.

Peace and love.

Thank you, HerServant. I don't see any impediments on the aspiring Christian's path towards Bhakti, that is, not any impediments that aren't also in the path of the aspiring Vaishnava.

You have never offended me (though I can be very offensive, no doubt). You are a model disciple of Christ.

All of God's peace and love to you as well!!!

I can accept, and even accept his comments that "Christianity" is incomplete. But within context of what Christian texts and thought he was presented with.

I would venture to say that His Holiness Sridhar Maharaj spent much more of his energy studying his own tradition, and sang the glories of that (Vaisnavism).

When approached about Christianity, he gave his honest perspective. AND I GREATLY respect Sridhar Maharaja.

After all, he says in Sri Guru and His Grace the "religion must be progressive" !!!

That includes you and me brother.

The worst thing for me is for me to be offensive to anyone that is sincere, particularly you prabhu.

Peace and love.

I don't think that I even believe Jesus existed anymore. This is of no offense to anyone and I am in no way bitter.

However, it has been researched and pretty much confirmed that almost anything said about him and by him in the "Gospels" was all pretty much re-worked scriptures that had already been written a long time before that. Also, there are many other problems with the Gospels and yet, they are the only proof that we have of Jesus' existence.

There was a very thorough and thoughtful article that I had read once that would put it more clearly. If I can find it, I will post it.

Still, I wish people could get along better than they do. At the very least, they should realize that we are all the same and that no spiritual belief is alien unto another. We all worship God to some degree.

There was a very thorough and thoughtful article that I had read once that would put it more clearly. If I can find it, I will post it.

No need. It has no doubt been here on any of the numerous threads on the subject.

I am curious ,do you consider Krishna as having been a historical person. If so what is your proof?

I don't think that I even believe Jesus existed anymore. This is of no offense to anyone and I am in no way bitter.

However, it has been researched and pretty much confirmed that almost anything said about him and by him in the "Gospels" was all pretty much re-worked scriptures that had already been written a long time before that. Also, there are many other problems with the Gospels and yet, they are the only proof that we have of Jesus' existence.

Still, I wish people could get along better than they do. At the very least, they should realize that we are all the same and that no spiritual belief is alien unto another. We all worship God to some degree.

It looks like Guruvani has resurfaced under another ID. Just kidding. :)

I'm not trying to start anything. I'm still in the "naive newbie" stage.

Whether I believe in Krsna or Jesus to me is besides the point. Reaching for the Divine is still the goal. At least that is where I stand at the moment.

All this about Jesus for me is actually a rather recent revelation...which is why I am bringing it up. I am keen to talk about it.

But who knows, next week I could want to talk about something else. ;)