IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Ananta Sesa

The spirit soul and the mind...

Rate this topic

when krishna says in the bhagvad geeta that the whole world rests on" me" as pearls on a string ...what is the "me" that krishna is reffering to ?? is he trying to say that the planets are resting on his 2 armed form???.. catch the drift.....

I recently saw something by an ISKCON scientist discussing how it is said in Scripture that everything rests within the Lord and that, simultaneously, the Lord exists within each atom of creation. Taken to a logical extreme, these two statements mean that all of creation is contained within each particle of creation. Truly, this is inconceivable.

As you say, discussing these things are useless, as they are inconceivable. Only by the Lord's Mercy can we have any insight.

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Śrī Brahma-saḿhitā 5.42

ānanda-cinmaya-rasātmatayā manaḥsu

yaḥ prāṇināḿ pratiphalan smaratām upetya

līlāyitena bhuvanāni jayaty ajasram-

govindam ādi-puruṣaḿ tam ahaḿ bhajāmi

SYNONYMS

ānanda — blissful; cit-maya — cognitive; rasa — of rasa; ātmatayā — due to being the entity; manaḥsuin the minds; yaḥHe who; prāṇinām — of living entities; pratiphalan — being reflected; smaratām upetya — recollecting; līlāyitena — by pastimes; bhuvanāni — the mundane world; jayati — triumphantly dominates; ajasram — ever; govindamGovinda; ādi-puruṣam — the original person; tam — Him; ahamI; bhajāmi — worship.

TRANSLATION

I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, whose glory ever triumphantly dominates the mundane world by the activity of His own pastimes, being reflected in the mind of recollecting souls as the transcendental entity of ever-blissful cognitive rasa.

PURPORT

Those who constantly recollect in accordance with spiritual instructions the name, figure, attributes and pastimes of the form of Kṛṣṇa appearing in the amorous rasa, whose loveliness vanquishes the god of mundane love, conqueror of all mundane hearts, are alone meditators of Kṛṣṇa. Kṛṣṇa, who is full of pastimes, always manifests Himself with His realm only in the pure receptive cognition of such persons. The pastimes of that manifested divine realm triumphantly dominates in every way all the majesty and beauty of the mundane world.

or: I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, whose transcendental form is full of bliss, truth, substantiality and is thus full of the most dazzling splendor. Each of the limbs of that transcendental figure possesses in Himself, the full-fledged functions of all the organs, and eternally sees, maintains and manifests the infinite universes, both spiritual and mundane.

or: I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, whose transcendental form is full of bliss, truth, substantiality and is thus full of the most dazzling splendor. Each of the limbs of that transcendental figure possesses in Himself, the full-fledged functions of all the organs, and eternally sees, maintains and manifests the infinite universes, both spiritual and mundane.

visiting www.krishna.org and listening to govinda used to be one of my favourite activities...... is all i have to say....... you win...

Originally Posted by ---

as for myself i am still a student and am trying to understand why different schools give importance to different things..........

"The God is a Person Principle"

(or "Why mayavadi's can't deny a that there is a always a personality behind the scene"):

Q. Who is the personification of the American Dollar Bill?

A. George Washington.

Q. Who is the Living Personification of the American Dollar Bill?

A. George Bush.

Q. Who is the personification of the State of New York'?

A. The Governor (Mr. Spitzer).

Q. Who is the personification of one of the many regional Counties of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:place w:st=<st1:State w:st=" /><st1:place w:st="on">New York State</st1:place>?

A. The <st1:place w:st="on"><ST1:PCounty </ST1:PExecutive</ST1:P</st1:place>.

Q. Who is the personification of one of the many Congressional Districts of <st1:place w:st="on"><ST1:PNew York </ST1:PState</st1:place>?

A. The Congressman/State Representative.

Q. Who is the personification of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">New York City</st1:City></st1:place>?

A. The Mayor (Mr. Blumberg).

Q. Who is the personification of one of the many Districts of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">New York City</st1:City></st1:place>?

A. The Concilman/Ombudsman.

Q. Who is the personification of any 'Block and <st1:place w:st="on">Lot</st1:place>' tax-parcel of land?

A. The title barer (The Land owner).

Q. Who is the personification of the any Apartment building?

A. "The Landlord".

Q. Who is the personification of any apartment?

A. The tenant.

Q. Who is the personification of the room with the football and the many toy Trains?

A. One of the male children.

Q. Who is the personification of nursery room?

A. The Baby.

The point of my illustration is:

"Without the presence of the persona, all paraphernalia is without meaning nor purpose for existing"

PS:

Q. Who is the personification of a mayavadi?

A. His temporary illusion? A Vaisnava to argue with?