IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
CCC

All Incarnation of God Comes from Supersoul?

Rate this topic

Amazing!!!

Of course, being a fan of Shakespeare, who often took liberties with his mother tongue (inventing words and using words in novel ways), I wouldn't care one bit if Srila Prabhupada used meanings not found in *any* dictionary. He was being guided by the Lord from within.

Wrong example. Shakespeare was not translating someone else's work. If he was translating he had no liberty to invent new meanings to misread the original.

Your defense is comical. Your are saying the Lord used a word incorrectly when he wrote the Bhagavatam. Now he appeared in Prabhupada's heart and revealed this incorrect usage which was reported by Prabhupada in his translation.

Either the Lord was incorrect or Prabhupada was incorrect. Pick one.

How about pick this. The same can be said for all the translations of Srila Prabhupada, not only Bhagavad Gita.:deal:

The professor told me that these translations that your Guru has made are the most obscure and brilliant explanations of these words from Sanskrit to English that he had ever seen. The professor admitted that with all of his education and training he could not have thought of these obscure and brilliant meanings that so perfectly expressed the inner truths of the mysteries of the Bhagavad Gita. The professor then said having seen this translation work of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada he was convinced that Srila Prabhupada was the greatest Sanskrit scholar in the history of civilization and must have been directly enlightened by the Supreme Lord Krishna to accomplish this work.

According to Jayadeva Goswami's Dasavatara Stotra the 10 avatars are the following:

Matsya

Kurma

Varaha

Narasimha

Vamana

Parashurama

Rama

Baladeva

Buddha

Kalki

Your list is wrong!

I do not know who Jayadeva is. I do not know who Baladeva is. But the name does not appear in the list of avatars in the Mahabharata or any of the Puranas. The eight avatar is Krishna.

It appears you have been misguided very badly by some unethical people. For your own good read authentic texts which have not been mistranslated. You will find out for yourself that Krishna is the eight avatar of Vishnu.

Parashurama, Rama and Krishna were born on this planet lived here and died here. Shriman Narayana or Vishnu was never born and never lived on this planet. His abode is Vaikunta and when he came to the earth he came as one of the avatars.

http://www.scsmath.com/books/Search_Sri_Krishna.pdf

"The Search For Sri Krsihna, Reality the Beautiful"

Chapt. One

Srila Sridhar Maharaj,

Krishna consciousness should be enthroned above all

other conceptions. All other conceptions are meant

to be subservient to Krishna consciousness. The ideal of

Vrndavana, Krishna’s abode, is above all other ideals. In

theistic comparison, the conception of Sri Chaitanya

Mahaprabhu’s lila is above all other conceptions. There,

theism reaches its zenith. That is our highest goal, and

step by step, that should be explained, thought out,

accepted, and preached.

Wrong example. Shakespeare was not translating someone else's work. If he was translating he had no liberty to invent new meanings to misread the original.

Your defense is comical. Your are saying the Lord used a word incorrectly when he wrote the Bhagavatam. Now he appeared in Prabhupada's heart and revealed this incorrect usage which was reported by Prabhupada in his translation.

I'm trying to avoid getting into arguments here.

What I'm saying is: is there such thing as a complete dictionary?

You pose it as God vs. Prabhupada. I say Prabhupada (being a surrendered soul), knows better than the authors of the dictionaries what the Lord means to say.

Clear enough?

It's tempting to retort with sarcasm when faced with arrogance, but I'm trying to be more humble. Suffice it to say, I won't easily fall for a false dichotomy such as the one you have presented. The unwritten assumption in your statement is that *you* know better what the Lord was saying.

Do you consider yourself a Hindu?

Gaudiya Vaishnavas do not consider themselves to be "Hindus". They are not hung up on such designations.

If it will help ease your self-righteous indignation, consider Gaudiya Vaishnavism to be a separate religion from Hindusim (much the same way Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism have distinguished themselves from the spiritual culture in which they were born) and go defend your misguided conception of what your faith entails elsewhere.

You can be right until you're blue in the face, then.

Sri Krishna and the Krishna Conception are all-attractive. Your arrogance and intolerance are ugly and repulsive.

Your list is wrong!

I do not know who Jayadeva is. I do not know who Baladeva is. But the name does not appear in the list of avatars in the Mahabharata or any of the Puranas. The eight avatar is Krishna.

It appears you have been misguided very badly by some unethical people. For your own good read authentic texts which have not been mistranslated. You will find out for yourself that Krishna is the eight avatar of Vishnu.

Parashurama, Rama and Krishna were born on this planet lived here and died here. Shriman Narayana or Vishnu was never born and never lived on this planet. His abode is Vaikunta and when he came to the earth he came as one of the avatars.

If one cannot accept the good fortune of the finding of the Sri Brahma Samhita then one can amuse his intellect with this verse from the Srimad-Bhagavatam (1.3.28} which somehow for some reason was missed on this thread:

<center>
ete cAMza-kalAH puMsaH

kRSNas tu bhagavAn svayam

indrAri-vyAkulaM lokaM

mRDayanti yuge yuge

</center>

ete--all these; ca--and; aMza--plenary portions; kalAH--portions of the plenary portions; puMsaH--of the Supreme; kRSNaH--Lord KRSNa; tu--but; bhagavAn--the Personality of Godhead; svayam--in person; indra-ari--the enemies of Indra; vyAkulam--disturbed; lokam--all the planets; mRDayanti--gives protection; yuge yuge--in different ages.

All of the above-mentioned incarnations are either plenary portions or portions of the plenary portions of the Lord, but Lord SrI KRSNa is the original Personality of Godhead. All of them appear on planets whenever there is a disturbance created by the atheists. The Lord incarnates to protect the theists.

As for the translation of 11.6.16 one needs to follow backwards the context of these praises offered by the demigods. We discover to whom they are specifically offered in His very presence in Srimad-Bhagavatam verse 11.6.5:

<center>
tasyAM vibhrAjamAnAyAM

samRddhAyAM maharddhibhiH

vyacakSatAvitRptAkSAH

kRSNam adbhuta-darzanam

</center>

tasyAm--in that (DvArakA); vibhrAjamAnAyAm--resplendent; samRddhAyAm--very rich; mahA-RddhibhiH--with great opulences; vyacakSata--they saw; avitRpta--unsatisfied; akSAH--whose eyes; kRSNam--Lord KRSNa; adbhuta-darzanam--wonderful to behold.

In that resplendent city of DvArakA, rich with all superior opulences, the demigods beheld with unsatiated eyes the wonderful form of SrI KRSNa.

So it would appear that sanskrit learning requires also intelligence and devotion to reach the final proper understanding of the Bhagavatam, otherwise it is simply a mundane skill.

Clearly the demigods are offering garlands and praise in person to Lord Krsna, the best of the Yadus! It is obvious that they are addressing Lord Krishna in 11.6.16 since they have done so in the previous eleven verses and continue for several verses afterwards.

It will be interesting to see how our sanskrit scholar twists 1.3.28 to avoid accepting the supremacy of Sri Krsna. Without integrity how will the Truth be known?

<a href=http://vedabase.net/sb/1/2/17/ target=new>Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.17</a>:<BLOCKQUOTE><CENTER><FONT COLOR=RED>zRNvatAM sva-kathAH kRSNaH

puNya-zravaNa-kIrtanaH

hRdy antaH stho hy abhadrANi

vidhunoti suhRt satAm

</CENTER>

zRNvatAm--those who have developed the urge to hear the message of; sva-kathAH--His own words; kRSNaH--the Personality of Godhead; puNya--virtues; zravaNa--hearing; kIrtanaH--chanting; hRdi antaH sthaH--within one's heart; hi--certainly; abhadrANi--desire to enjoy matter; vidhunoti--cleanses; suhRt--benefactor; satAm--of the truthful.

<B></FONT>

SrI KRSNa, the Personality of Godhead, who is the ParamAtmA [supersoul] in everyone's heart and the benefactor of the truthful devotee, cleanses desire for material enjoyment from the heart of the devotee who has developed the urge to hear His messages, which are in themselves virtuous when properly heard and chanted.

</BLOCKQUOTE></B>

Just to give a balanced view here, aside from Gaudiya Vaishnavam, every other Vaishnava school, including Dvaita and Vishishta Advaita, believes that Krishna is an avatar of Vishnu. I think GV is the only Vaishnava school to believe that Vishnu/Narayana is subordinate to Krishna, while ALL VAISHNAVA Schools consider them to be one.

As one can see, it's not just "Hinduism" which believes that Krishna is an incarnation of Vishnu, but all Vaishnava systems save GV. Not that I am saying it's right or wrong, but giving a proper perspective on this.

I'm trying to avoid getting into arguments here.

What I'm saying is: is there such thing as a complete dictionary?

You pose it as God vs. Prabhupada. I say Prabhupada (being a surrendered soul), knows better than the authors of the dictionaries what the Lord means to say.

Clear enough?

It's tempting to retort with sarcasm when faced with arrogance, but I'm trying to be more humble. Suffice it to say, I won't easily fall for a false dichotomy such as the one you have presented. The unwritten assumption in your statement is that *you* know better what the Lord was saying.

Bravo Murali! The view is always better from the high road.

It will be interesting to see how our sanskrit scholar twists 1.3.28 to avoid accepting the supremacy of Sri Krsna.

The Lord and His incarnations are one, so even if Krishna is the incarnation of Vishnu, it'd still make Him Supreme. So there's no problem either way, and Krishna's Supremacy remains intact.:)

Sri Krishna and the Krishna Conception are all-attractive.

And herein lies the deciding factor. If you want to woship God the Almighty then by all means worship Him as Narayana. You are to respected as a great vaisnava if you give your heart to Narayana.

Others though are more attracted to the Supreme Lord in His feature as shown in Krsna-lila. It is a question of intimacy.

Now the Krsna devotee may ask if Narayana is really Supreme to Krsna then why is the Krsna form more attractive? The Narayanite would say He is not more attractive as they are attracted to awe and reverence and where is the awe and reverence in Krsnalila. And thus the debate has little if any meaning.

We will be pulled to the Lord by which ever one of His qualities attract us the most and base our theology around that.

Originally Posted by matarisvan . . . It appears you have been misguided very badly by some unethical people. For your own good read authentic texts which have not been mistranslated.

Originally Posted by tackleberry . . . every other Vaishnava school, including Dvaita and Vishishta Advaita, believes that Krishna is an avatar of Vishnu. I think GV is the only Vaishnava school to believe that Vishnu/Narayana is subordinate to Krishna, while ALL VAISHNAVA Schools consider them to be one. . . . all Vaishnava systems save GV. Not that I am saying it's right or wrong, but giving a proper perspective on this.

Here is my response:

BULLSHIT -- oh, and lots more cow shit!

Don't talk your crap to me! I wasn't born yesterday Habibi!

I hope to cover you in cow dung and look foward to your thanks.

I know the conclusion and the purports of Vedanta!

We know the conclusion and the purports of Vedanta!

Pay your respects to me from afar, and thus be a rightious man.

Talk like a prat and you show your true colors.

Yall ain't fooling us.

the servant of Krishna's Devotees,

Bhaktajan

And herein lies the deciding factor. If you want to woship God the Almighty then by all means worship Him as Narayana. You are to respected as a great vaisnava if you give your heart to Narayana.

Others though are more attracted to the Supreme Lord in His feature as shown in Krsna-lila. It is a question of intimacy.

Now the Krsna devotee may ask if Narayana is really Supreme to Krsna then why is the Krsna form more attractive? The Narayanite would say He is not more attractive as they are attracted to awe and reverence and where is the awe and reverence in Krsnalila. And thus the debate has little if any meaning.

We will be pulled to the Lord by which ever one of His qualities attract us the most and base our theology around that.

In tattva Krsna and Narayana or Visnu are one, but by rasa-vicara (consideration on the basis of rasa) they are different. Actually there are three 'vicaras', perspectives, from which to understand the relationship between Krsna and Narayana. Vicara means point of view or consideration. One vicara is called 'tattva-gata-vicara'. This is the viewpoint of conclusive philosophical truth. From this vicara, Krsna and Narayana are non-different. Another is called 'aisvarya-gata vicara'. This is the view point of pastimes in opulence and majesty. The third is madhurya-gata-vicara, the viewpoint of the Lord's pastimes which appear like those of an ordinary human being or nara lila. From the ‘madhurya-gata-vicara’, which is a subdivision of the rasa-vicara, it is ascertained that the pastimes of Vraja Krsna and of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu who is Radha and Krsna combined, are the most madhurya or sweet. (In Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s lila or pastimes this sweetness is being distributed widely and freely so it is also know as audarya.) Because the Brahma Samhita is actually a rasa sastra it is ascertaining that Krsna must be the source of Visnu and all His manifestations because the pastimes of Krsna in Vraja and Vrndavana are the sweetest.

The professor told me that these translations that your Guru has made are the most obscure and brilliant explanations of these words from Sanskrit to English that he had ever seen. The professor admitted that with all of his education and training he could not have thought of these obscure and brilliant meanings that so perfectly expressed the inner truths of the mysteries of the Bhagavad Gita. The professor then said having seen this translation work of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada he was convinced that Srila Prabhupada was the greatest Sanskrit scholar in the history of civilization and must have been directly enlightened by the Supreme Lord Krishna to accomplish this work.

Taking resort to praise form one's own camp hardly merits anything - when you fail to address simple questions. For example someone from George Bush's camp is all praise for Bush as follows,

The spokesperson told me that the administration that Bush has made is the most obscure and brilliant from The East to West that I have ever seen. The spokesperson admitted that with all of his education and training he could not have thought of these obscure and brilliant decisions that so perfectly addressed the problems of the world. He then said having seen this work of Bush he was convinced that Bush was the greatest administrator in the history of civilization and must have been directly enlightened by the Supreme Lord Krishna to accomplish this work.

Who will value this?

Cheers

I did not get the impression that the professor was from Gaur Govindas camp.

Actually he was, in fact after his conversation with Bhagavat the professor was reported to have sung,

Hello muddah, hello faddah

Here I am at Camp Gour Govinda

Camp is very entertaining

And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining...

Now I don't want this should scare ya

But my bunkmate has malaria

You remember Prabhu Anadi

ISKCON's about to organize a searching party.

uote:

Since Srila Gour Govinda Maharaj did not want to change one single word of His beloved Spiritual Masters books but at the same time be able to defend the scholarships of His Guru Maharaj beyond the shadow of a doubt, He devised a plan for writing down all of the so called contradictions in a list until he completed the entire work. Srila Gour Govinda Maharaj then went to a little village to see the now retired Sanskrit professor who had taught Him Sanskrit in college. This man was considered one of the foremost authorities on the Sanskrit Language in India having one of the largest personal libraries on the subject, including one of the best collections of Sanskrit to English Dictionaries. Srila Gour Govinda Maharaj knew that this scholars grasp of Sanskrit to English translation would provide him with the evidence he needed to prove the authority of Srila Prabhupada's work.

After about ten days Srila Gour Govinda Maharaj returned to the little mud hut that we lived in with the Sanskrit professor in tow. The Sanskrit professor introduced himself (I apologize but unfortunately I cannot remember his name) and began glorifying His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada's masterful translation work. The Professor told me that he started studying Sanskrit when he was five years old, now in his late 70's he had been studying the language for over 70 years. He told me how on the first review of his dictionaries he could not find the translations that Srila Prbhupada had made from Sanskrit to English, but he said that Srila Gour Govinda Maharaj kept encouraging him to keep looking, assuring him that he would find the translation if he looked long and hard enough. The professor said he would have given up if it were not for Srila Gour Govinda Maharajs insistence that His Guru Maharaj had been accurate and that if he looked hard enough he would find it. Then the professor told me that he found each and every translation that Srila Prabhupada had made. The professor told me that these translations that your Guru has made are the most obscure and brilliant explanations of these words from Sanskrit to English that he had ever seen. The professor admitted that with all of his education and training he could not have thought of these obscure and brilliant meanings that so perfectly expressed the inner truths of the mysteries of the Bhagavad Gita. The professor then said having seen this translation work of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada he was convinced that Srila Prabhupada was the greatest Sanskrit scholar in the history of civilization and must have been directly enlightened by the Supreme Lord Krishna to accomplish this work.

Here is my response:

Yall ain't fooling us.

Bhaktajan

You're a highly disturbed man. Please chant Hare Krishna!

Swami B.V. Tripurari Maharaja writes:

There are ten subjects discussed in the
Bhagavata
. The first nine are
asrita
, dependents requiring shelter, and the tenth is the
asraya
, the object providing shelter. Among the
asrita
is
isanukatha
, discussion of the incarnations of Godhead. The
asraya
, however, is their source and shelter,
svayam bhagavan
Sri Krsna.

No one can argue that the
Bhagavata
does not reach its apex in the discussion of
Krsna-lila
. This discussion constitutes the entire Tenth Canto, which is almost three times longer than any other canto. Krsna and his family members are also the exclusive subject of the Eleventh Canto. Together these two cantos make up more than half of the entire
Bhagavata
. Why so much attention to Krsna? Because Krsna is the
asraya-tattva
, the
summum bonum
of the
Bhagavata
, and thus even Narayana is His plenary portion. Sridhara Svami has stated this in his commentary on the
Bhagavata
:

dasame dasamam laksyam

asritasraya-vigraham

sri-krsnakhyam param dhama

jagad-dhama namami tat

"The Tenth Canto of the
Bhagavata
reveals the tenth subject, who is the shelter of all. He is known as Sri Krsna, and he is the ultimate source of all the worlds. Let me offer my obeisances unto Him."

Sri Caitanya-caritamrta Madhya 20.151:<blockquote>"‘The Tenth Canto of SrImad-BhAgavatam reveals the tenth object, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the shelter of all surrendered souls. He is known as SrI KRSNa, and He is the ultimate source of all the universes. Let me offer my obeisances unto Him.'

PURPORT

This is a quotation from the BhAvArtha-dIpikA, SrIdhara SvAmI's commentary on SrImad-BhAgavatam (10.1.1). In the Tenth Canto of SrImad-BhAgavatam there is a description of the Azraya-tattva, SrI KRSNa. There are two tattvas--Azraya-tattva and Azrita-tattva. Azraya-tattva is the objective, and Azrita-tattva is the subjective. Since the lotus feet of Lord SrI KRSNa are the shelter of all devotees, SrI KRSNa is called paraM dhAma. In the Bhagavad-gItA (10.12) it is stated, paraM brahma paraM dhAma pavitraM paramaM bhavAn. Everything is resting under the lotus feet of KRSNa. In SrImad-BhAgavatam (10.14.58) it is stated:

samAzritA ye pada-pallava-plavaM

mahat-padaM puNya-yazo murAreH

Under the lotus feet of SrI KRSNa, the entire mahat-tattva is existing. Since everything is under SrI KRSNa's protection, SrI KRSNa is called Azraya-tattva. Everything else is called Azrita-tattva. The material creation is also called Azrita-tattva. Liberation from material bondage and the attainment of the spiritual platform are also Azrita-tattva. KRSNa is the only Azraya-tattva. In the beginning of the creation there are MahA-ViSNu, GarbhodakazAyI ViSNu and KSIrodakazAyI ViSNu. They are also Azraya-tattva. KRSNa is the cause of all causes (sarva-kAraNa-kAraNam [bs. 5.1]). To understand KRSNa perfectly, one has to make an analytical study of Azraya-tattva and Azrita-tattva.</blockquote>

Your list is wrong!

You seem to be right somewhere, but some of your beliefs such as " Parashurama, Rama and Krishna were born on this planet lived here and died here," clarifies your immaturity in the field of sprituality.. against to your claim here is a verse from yamakabharthja written by Sripada Madhwa

<CENTER>

reme gopIshhvarihA sa manmathAkrAntasundarIpIshhvarihA |

pUrNA.anandaikatanuH sa vishvarukpAvano.ayapyanandaikatanuH || 22||</CENTER>Lord Krishna is of fully blissful body.He incarnates in several forms only to give pleasure to others.He is the remover of all diseases.And He is the Destroyer of Sankhacudasura.Still He enjoyed without any attachment,the company of lovely cowherdesses who had been affected by passion and in whom Goddess Lakshmi was residing.

All of Lord's incranations are same and equal in thier potencies,, one should not degrade one incarnation against the other.. This was said by Sripada Madhwa...

Hari bol

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by bhaktajan

Here is my response:

Yall ain't fooling us.

Bhaktajan

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

You're a highly disturbed man. Please chant Hare Krishna!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o />..........................................................................................................

Thank you Tackleberry for your encouragement. I hope to be lower than a blade of grass, I'm getting closer and closer each day at a time.

ys,

bhaktajan

..........................................................................................................

There are personalists (theists) and there are impersonalists (atheists). Now learn here what is the standard of measurement for knowledge (vidya). The conclusion of studying the Vedas is the transcendental name, fame, form, personality, paraphernalia, entourage, and, pastimes of none other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead Bhagavan Sri Krishna, son of Vasudeva, brother of Balarama, cousin of Arjuna, source of Mahavisnu and Narayana, the original-original eternal, all-cognizant, all-blissful form of God in his Transcendent Heaven where every soul pursues reciprocal pastimes with Krishna

God face to face.

Your servant in Bhaktajan

……………………………………………………………………………………

The sages said:

The timeless wisdom of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:place w:st=Krishna</st1:place>'s service,

<font color=" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> is expressed in the ancient Sanskrit Vedas. Originally preserved through oral tradition, the Vedas were first put into writing five thousand years ago by Srila Vyasadeva, “the literary incarnation of God.” After compiling the Vedas, Vyasadeva set forth their essence in the aphorisms known as Vedanta-sutras.

1—About five thousand years ago Vyasadeva put the Vedas in writing for the people in this age, Kali-yuga.

He divided the Vedas into four: Rig, Sama, Atharva and Yajur.

Then he gave the charge of these Vedas to his different disciples.

Then Vyasadeva summarized all Vedic knowledge for scholars and philosophers in what is called the Vedanta-sutra.

This is the last word of the Vedas.

Vyasadeva was not very satisfied even after compiling many Puranas and Upanisads, and even after writing the Vedanta-sutra.

Then his spiritual master, Narada, instructed him, “Explain the Vedanta-sutra.”

Vedanta means “ultimate knowledge,” and the ultimate knowledge is Krsna.

Krsna says that throughout all the Vedas one has to understand Him: vedanta-krd veda-vid eva caham.

Krsna says, “I am the compiler of the Vedanta-sutra, and I am the knower of the Vedas.” Therefore the ultimate objective is Krsna.

The Vedanta-sutra simply hints at what is Brahman, the Absolute Truth:

“The Absolute Truth is that from whom everything emanates.”

This is a summary, but it is explained in detail in Srimad-Bhagavatam.

If everything is emanating from the Absolute Truth, then what is the nature of the Absolute Truth? That is explained in Srimad-Bhagavatam.

The Absolute Truth must be consciousness. He is self-effulgent (svarat).

We develop our consciousness and knowledge by receiving knowledge from others, but for Him it is said that He is self-effulgent.

The whole summary of Vedic knowledge is the Vedanta-sutra, and the Vedanta-sutra is explained by the writer himself in Srimad-Bhagavatam.

We finally request those who are actually after Vedic knowledge to try to understand the explanation of all Vedic knowledge from Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad-gita.

2—Srimad-Bhagavatam (Bhagavata Purana) is Vyasadeva’s commentary on his own Vedanta-sutras.

3—After compiling the Bhagavatam, Vyasa imparted it to his son, Sukadeva Gosvami.

4—Sukadeva Gosvami later recited the entire Bhagavatam to Maharaja Pariksit in an assembly of learned saints on the banks of the Ganges at Hastinapura (now <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> ).

5—Maharaja Pariksit was the emperor of the world and was a great rajarsi (saintly king). Having received a curse that he would die within the seven days, he renounced his entire kingdom and retired to the bank of <st1:place w:st="on">Ganges </ST1:PRiver</ST1:P</st1:place> to fast until death and received spiritual enlightenment.

6—The Bhagavatam begins with Emperor Pariksit’s inquiry to Sukadeva:

Maharaja Pariksit: “You are the spiritual master of great saints and devotees. I am therefore begging you to show the way of perfection for all persons, and especially for one who is about to die. Please let me know what a man should hear, chant, remember and worship, and what he should not do. Please explain all this to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:State w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">me.</st1:place></st1:State>”

7—Sukadeva often relates historical episodes and give accounts of lengthy philosophical discussions between such great souls as Narada Muni and Vasudeva.

8—At a later date, the sage Suta Goswami, [who was present at the <st1:place w:st="on"><ST1:PRiver</ST1:P</st1:place> assembly] repeated the Bhagavatam before a gathering of Sages in the forest Naimisaranya.

[These sages, concerned about the spiritual welfare of the people in general, gathered to perform a long, continuous chain of penances to counteract the degrading influence of the oncoming age of Kali.]

In response to the sages’ request Suta Gosvami repeated from memory the entire Srimad-Bhagavatam, as spoken by Sukadeva to Pariksit.

9—Also, Suta Goswami sometimes responds directly to questions put by Saunaka Rsi, the spokesman for the sages gathered at Naimisaranya.

10—One therefore simultaneously hears two dialogues:

A) between Maharaja Pariksit and Sukadeva Goswami on the bank of the <st1:place w:st="on">Ganges</st1:place> , and,

B) between the Suta Goswami and Saunaka Rsi, the spokesman for the sages gathered at Naimisaranya.

11—With this understanding of the history of the Bhagavatam, the reader will easily be able to follow its intermingling of dialogues, and events from various sources.

</B>

Sometimes I think after reading many posts here, why on earth Krishna send many people to send his messages in many different ways.. even after knowing the people around here are just dumpasses and cant comprehend complicated stuff...Or perhaps, the life in a jail cant be similar to the one in heaven,, jail is to suffer and this is just another kind of it...Different theories and people troubled in thier minds with them...

I bow thee the one who despells the wildest of the doubts,, Krishna can be understood only by his grace...

Hari bol

You seem to be right somewhere, but some of your beliefs such as " Parashurama, Rama and Krishna were born on this planet lived here and died here," clarifies your immaturity in the field of sprituality.. against to your claim here is a verse from yamakabharthja written by Sripada Madhwa

<CENTER>

reme gopIshhvarihA sa manmathAkrAntasundarIpIshhvarihA |

pUrNA.anandaikatanuH sa vishvarukpAvano.ayapyanandaikatanuH || 22||</CENTER>Lord Krishna is of fully blissful body.He incarnates in several forms only to give pleasure to others.He is the remover of all diseases.And He is the Destroyer of Sankhacudasura.Still He enjoyed without any attachment,the company of lovely cowherdesses who had been affected by passion and in whom Goddess Lakshmi was residing.

All of Lord's incranations are same and equal in thier potencies,, one should not degrade one incarnation against the other.. This was said by Sripada Madhwa...

Hari bol

Who is degrading avatars? Read my posts once more.

The people here have no idea what an avatar means. I was illustrating the meaning of an avatar by explaining the concept of Vishnu in Vaikunta coming down to earth for a finite period of time as Rama or Krishna. Seeing the responses I doubt these people are capable of understanding anything.

Instead of acknowledging the simple truth of the avatar list found commonly everywhere people are avouding the issue and posting stupid responses. Someone came up with an avatar list which has some Baladeva in place of Krishna. If you have a counter argument for the standard avatar list then post a proper response with justification. If you do not have anything meaningful why are you wasting your time on this thread?

Who is degrading avatars? Read my posts once more.

The people here have no idea what an avatar means. I was illustrating the meaning of an avatar by explaining the concept of Vishnu in Vaikunta coming down to earth for a finite period of time as Rama or Krishna. Seeing the responses I doubt these people are capable of understanding anything.

Instead of acknowledging the simple truth of the avatar list found commonly everywhere people are avouding the issue and posting stupid responses. Someone came up with an avatar list which has some Baladeva in place of Krishna. If you have a counter argument for the standard avatar list then post a proper response with justification. If you do not have anything meaningful why are you wasting your time on this thread?

But these incarnation pastimes are always going in each of the innumerable universes (brahmanandi) - not just our universe under our Brahma. It is called nitya-lila. It is wrong to think that Krsna exists only when He is manifest in this or that universe. Krsna has His domain in a secluded part of Vaikuntha known as Goloka or Vrindavana where He enjoys pastimes eternally with His intimate associates. Param dhama - He says in the Bhagavad-gita that His devotee after death will come to be with Him in His eternal abode. These are His words.

Krsna is known by different names according to the qualities and pastimes He manifests and as such He predominates the various planets in the infinite Vaikuntha planets where His devotees relish Him in that manifestation.

It is not about us and our world. But beyond Mahavishnu and His glorious activities God has other enjoyments and pastimes in the Kingdom of God, activities that involve neither us nor our world of stone. The transcendental autocrat, Sri Krsna does as He pleases.