IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
CCC

Srimad Bhagavatam and Caitanya Caritambrita Verse Books

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna!!

Well I am making homemade books and I am interested in making SB and CC only verse books. Personally I think that the purports of Srila Prabhupada are very important because there is no difference in the Book baghavatam and the devote bhagavata and in the SB by His Divine Grace are both.

What do you think about this project?

I don't want to mutilate the books of Srila Prabhupada, but I remember when I wanted to buy the SB and CC and I couldn't afford them, I would have liked just a book with the verses

What do you think about this? Would be Srila Prabhupada happy?

Hare Krsna!!

Well I am making homemade books and I am interested in making SB and CC only verse books. Personally I think that the purports of Srila Prabhupada are very important because there is no difference in the Book baghavatam and the devote bhagavata and in the SB by His Divine Grace are both.

I don't want to mutilate the books of Srila Prabhupada, but I remember when I wanted to buy the SB and CC and I couldn't afford them, I would have liked just a book with the verses

I had contemplated doing that with the Uddhava-gita from the 11th canto. Never did nor is it necessary now.

I would be very hesitant about leaving out Prabhupada's purports though.

You might consider some different options. Like perhaps verses on a central theme. For example take the subject of how the self is not the body and compile many verses that speak directly to that and then perhaps include a purport or even several that you consider approriate. Add a title.

You would have a much smaller book on one important topic and even with some purports.

Just a thought.

Hare Krsna!!

CCC Hari bol, for sometime now I have coped srila Prabhupada's famous 1966 chant and have been handing them out to people of all ages. I one Sikh young man who was a security guard in on of Melbourne’s biggest shopping centres and he played Prabhupada chanting Hare Krishna over the PA! There are so many Hindu and Sikhs coming to Australia now and I am always meeting them and telling them to not let the western tradition pull them away from their tradition of Hinduism, then I give them a CD MP3 of Srila Prabhupada chanting Hare Krishna. Then the next time I give them a down load from the Internet of something Srila Prabhupada has said.

Your idea of printing books is fantastic. I tell them to always visit the ISKCON Melbourne Temple and if that is too far away then visit the Vishnu Shiva Temple at Carrum Downs because there is a beautiful Gopal Krishna Deity there that I often visit. I have beautiful photos Sri Sri Radha Balabha, Gaura Nita (Lord Caitanya and Nityananda) and Jagannath, Balabhadra (Balarama) and Subhadra (Krishna's sister) at home on the wall (Deities from Melbourne ISKCON temple) I actually lead the Kirtan when Srila Prabhupada installed the Deities in 1974

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Even Srila Prabhupada never liked living in the Gaudiya math Temples; sometimes you can reach more people by branching out on your own if you can become spiritually strong enough to defeat all temptations. Associating with devotees does that. Chanting Hare Krishna with our small group of devotees is fantastic. Printing Prabhupada’s books is a great idea.

Anyway I found this interesting comment posted by Kurma dasa

Wishing you all a wonderful 2008.

SrilaPrabhupadaearlydays.gif

My Dear Ann Clifford, Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated July 25, 1969, and I have noted the contents carefully. I am pleased to learn that you have become interested in Krishna Consciousness through living at the Krishna House in Montreal and associating with the devotees there. Your return address is not at this Krishna House, and I hope that you are attending the Kirtanas which are held at the temple on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings.

The chanting of Hare Krishna Mantra will clear away all of the difficulties that you have mentioned. Actually, as pure spirit soul, there is no difficulty; the cause of all problems is that we are forgetful of the fact that we are part and parcel of Krishna, and we are trying to enjoy the material nature through these material bodies. But the laws of material nature are so stringent that in spite of all attempts for enjoyment, the living entity in the material world must always come to the platform of suffering.

This chanting of the Hare Krishna Mantra is especially recommended for chanting in this age of Kali yuga so that any sincere soul who takes to it will very soon regain his memory of being the transcendental loving servitor of the Lord, or Krishna.

Regarding your question about why we do not eat meat and yet we eat plant life, the answer is that we do everything as Krishna recommends. Everything we eat is first offered to Lord Krishna, and because Krishna does not eat meat, therefore we also do not eat meat.

The fruits, grains, and vegetables which we offer to the Lord are not caused any suffering by our offering them to Krishna. Rather they are greatly benefited because to be offered for the pleasure of the Lord will grant for the living entity within the plant body certain liberation in the near future.

Everything that we do in Krishna Consciousness is ultimately beneficial to all living creatures because we are working under the recommendations of the Lord Himself who is the well-wisher of all His part and parcel children. I hope this will sufficiently clear up this matter for you.

I hope this will meet you in good health.

A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami

2 August 1969

I had contemplated doing that with the Uddhava-gita from the 11th canto. Never did nor is it necessary now.

I would be very hesitant about leaving out Prabhupada's purports though.

You might consider some different options. Like perhaps verses on a central theme. For example take the subject of how the self is not the body and compile many verses that speak directly to that and then perhaps include a purport or even several that you consider approriate. Add a title.

You would have a much smaller book on one important topic and even with some purports.

Just a thought.

ahh well yes that is right, but the SB and CC verse books are not for sankirtan, is for distributing among devotees..

ahh well yes that is right, but the SB and CC verse books are not for sankirtan, is for distributing among devotees..

Oh well then truthfully in that case I don't think it a good idea personally. Devotees should read the purports exhaustively. Devotees have books already.

Oh well then truthfully in that case I don't think it a good idea personally. Devotees should read the purports exhaustively. Devotees have books already.

Good advice. Even if they are not devotees, Srila Prabhupada's purports are a must :deal:

thanks theist, sarva gattha and Vigraha, I will take that advice,

Well at this moment I am printing Caitanya Bhagavata adi khanda in spanish and devotees are very interested.

I have another question, I know that you are senior devotees and I would like to know how was the book distribution before, I heard once that the devotees distributed books very very cheap and now are expensive. The last week I went to the local temple and they were selling the bhagavad gita as it is for $30 and here the normal price is up to $10.

How was book distribution in Srila Prabhupada's time?

We sold them as cheaply as possible. $5 bucks was the norm for a Gita or Bhagavatam. I have read one comment either letters or conversations where Sria Prabhupada stressed keeping the printing costs down to make themmore accessable.

Others would know more than I.