IndiaDivine.org
RadheRade1657

Meldi Ma/ Meladi Mata

Rate this topic

Does anyone have any information about this incarnation of Durga?

What's Her mantra? Does anyone know why Durga Ma chose to appear in this form? Is She a form of Durga only in eternity, or did She exist in time as well? Any answer to any of these questions (and questions I haven't thought of) is welcome! ;)

Also, has anyone had any meaningful experiences with Her?

Thanks in advance! :)

Jai Mata Ji! Aum Namah Shivaya!

hey RadheRade,

I was hoping that you would receive replies to your answers about Meldi Mata as I wish to know more about her too. But since no one has replied I will share with you the very little I know. I am not entirely sure about this legend but here it is;

A demon (not sure of his name) harassed the gods, who sought help from Devi. Devi fought with this demon to rid him of the world. However, the demon hid in a gutter/sewer to try and escape from Maa. Since Devi is ‘pure’ she could not access the ‘impure’ sewer. So to overcome this, Saraswati devi, Lakshmi devi and Kali washed their bodies to extract ‘mel’ (which is the dirt that comes off your body when you wash) and with that they formed another Devi and she was named Meldi maa (her name obviously corresponding to her creation). Since she was created from ‘mel’ she was able to access the sewers and killed the demon. As this devi was made from ‘mel’ she was also considered ‘impure’, so she was washed in the Ganges water which then made her fit for worship.

I must repeat that I am not sure the above is the right legend so if anyone knows anything different please inform me!

hey RadheRade,

I was hoping that you would receive replies to your answers about Meldi Mata as I wish to know more about her too. But since no one has replied I will share with you the very little I know. I am not entirely sure about this legend but here it is;

A demon (not sure of his name) harassed the gods, who sought help from Devi. Devi fought with this demon to rid him of the world. However, the demon hid in a gutter/sewer to try and escape from Maa. Since Devi is ‘pure’ she could not access the ‘impure’ sewer. So to overcome this, Saraswati devi, Lakshmi devi and Kali washed their bodies to extract ‘mel’ (which is the dirt that comes off your body when you wash) and with that they formed another Devi and she was named Meldi maa (her name obviously corresponding to her creation). Since she was created from ‘mel’ she was able to access the sewers and killed the demon. As this devi was made from ‘mel’ she was also considered ‘impure’, so she was washed in the Ganges water which then made her fit for worship.

I must repeat that I am not sure the above is the right legend so if anyone knows anything different please inform me!

Interesting but...

This must be some sort of shakta legend...can Saraswati Ma and Lakshmi devi be impure by any means?

Interesting but...

This must be some sort of shakta legend...can Saraswati Ma and Lakshmi devi be impure by any means?

did not parvati, sati, or durga you choose a name for lord Shiva wife, take the dirt ( muk) off her own skin to make a god hmmm let me think! oh yes lord ganesh if i remember correctly, not so. then you ask can Saraswati Ma and Lakshmi devi be impure by any means then was it not the dirty wax from lord Vishnu ears create two demons in the time of creation. so arent these two impure by any means.

i think you not understand the jist of bhakti's story ( great story by the way Bhakti first time i hear this version) the devis just washed their skin and as a result so pure were them that even the dirt was pure enough to create a devi however by the means of her creation she could perform the function given isnot shakti worship beautiful.

did not parvati, sati, or durga you choose a name for lord Shiva wife, take the dirt ( muk) off her own skin to make a god hmmm let me think! oh yes lord ganesh if i remember correctly, not so. then you ask can Saraswati Ma and Lakshmi devi be impure by any means then was it not the dirty wax from lord Vishnu ears create two demons in the time of creation. so arent these two impure by any means.

i think you not understand the jist of bhakti's story ( great story by the way Bhakti first time i hear this version) the devis just washed their skin and as a result so pure were them that even the dirt was pure enough to create a devi however by the means of her creation she could perform the function given isnot shakti worship beautiful.

I am glad you confirmed that the 'mel' was not actually dirty, this is what I mean to say! The 'dirt' from a devi's body is never actually dirty!

I was just surprised that Meldi Ma needed to bathe in the Ganga before getting worshipped, but if that is just a divine pastime then I guess it is kind of sweet.

Meldi Maa, along with outher devis such as Khodiyar, Dasha maa, Herdkai maa etc are Kalyug Devis. Created for the benifit of people who live in the age of Kali.

Meldi maa is famous in Gujarat area where Bhuwas (mediums who get 'possessed' (i hate using that word, but its the cloesest thing i can think of to describe) by Mataji and perform a Mata Ji na Tawo. Where they cook matajis prashaad in hot oil using their bare hands without getting burnt.

Her mandir is normally seperate from other devis as she sits outside a temple as a Raksha maa (maa who protects more purer forms or mataji like Randal or Amba)

Her qualities match those of pitru...where prashaad is offerd to her directly to her mouth (on murti or picture) and prashaad is also given to her seperate than other goddesses as she has the ability to take other prashaad.

Her Satvik qualities gives us Love and Bhakti

Her Rajasik qualities gives us worldy happyness

Her Tamsik qualities gives us protection from Black Magic and evil.

The diffrent forms of Meldi are

Ragat Meldi

Agni Meldi (Meldi of Fire)

Shamshaan Meldi (her mandir would be found inbetween four graveyards)

Jai Meldi

Van Meldi

Vijay Meldi

Aathma meldi

Ugta Meldi

Mataji Meldi, Mudh Raksha vali ni JAI

No problem! Khodiyar maa is my Ishta!

Me being a punjabi never heard of her. But one day i came across her picture and asked my Gujarati friends, from that day forward i have this unbelievable love for her.

I've attached a few pics of my mandir. It houses murtis of Maa Khodiyaar on the left. Kali (my kuldevi) in the middle and Maa Abma on the right.

[ATTACH]1675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1676[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1677[/ATTACH]

post-7113-138274055691_thumb.jpg

post-7113-138274055692_thumb.jpg

post-7113-138274055694_thumb.jpg

Me being a punjabi never heard of her. But one day i came across her picture and asked my Gujarati friends, from that day forward i have this unbelievable love for her.

I've attached a few pics of my mandir. It houses murtis of Maa Khodiyaar on the left. Kali (my kuldevi) in the middle and Maa Abma on the right.

[ATTACH]1675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1676[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1677[/ATTACH]

Your Murtis are lovely! Are they pure marble? :)

There are many Punjabis in my state... they all seem very friendly, but the people here are so prejudiced that they can't even appreciate them as their brothers and sisters :(

[ATTACH]1675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1676[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1677[/ATTACH]

Hello Sunilsahota,

Your images of Ma are very beautiful. I have been drawn to Khodiyar Ma and was delighted find that you are a devotee. But I know very little about her. You say she is your ishta devata.....what is the best way to invoke Khodiyar ma. Is there a mantra? Any information that you can share will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

very Trueeee

Meldi Maa, along with outher devis such as Khodiyar, Dasha maa, Herdkai maa etc are Kalyug Devis. Created for the benifit of people who live in the age of Kali.

Meldi maa is famous in Gujarat area where Bhuwas (mediums who get 'possessed' (i hate using that word, but its the cloesest thing i can think of to describe) by Mataji and perform a Mata Ji na Tawo. Where they cook matajis prashaad in hot oil using their bare hands without getting burnt.

Her mandir is normally seperate from other devis as she sits outside a temple as a Raksha maa (maa who protects more purer forms or mataji like Randal or Amba)

Her qualities match those of pitru...where prashaad is offerd to her directly to her mouth (on murti or picture) and prashaad is also given to her seperate than other goddesses as she has the ability to take other prashaad.

Her Satvik qualities gives us Love and Bhakti

Her Rajasik qualities gives us worldy happyness

Her Tamsik qualities gives us protection from Black Magic and evil.

Ragat Meldi

Jai Meldi

Van Meldi

Vijay Meldi

Aathma meldi

Ugta Meldi

Mataji Meldi, Mudh Raksha vali ni JAI

Dear, ALL

Does ant one know how to siddh the Meladi Mantra....

Ragat Meldi

Jai Meldi

Van Meldi

Vijay Meldi

Aathma meldi

Ugta Meldi

Dear all,

I am really happy to find some authentic information about mataaji and her divine forms.

I would like to share my experience as well. Since many years I am dedicatedly worshiping Lord shiva..my Mahadev..I am believer of Sanatan Dharma..

couple of months back someone introduced me me about an uncle who worships Maa meldi... now after Shivaji, I truly believe her and suddenly i feel so much love and care coming her whenever i take her name...

Most surprising part is, in all these years no-one told me about Meldi Maataji, but once i got to know about her( specially in this difficult time of my life), automatically i keep on meeting and connecting with people who has firm belief on Meldi Maataji ( this never happened in past year)...I feel there is a divine connection I have found with her.

I hope she continue showering her love and blessing on all us..Forever and ever...

Please share more details about her so we know more about her great divinity..Jai Meldi Maa!!