IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
RadheRade1657

What's the name of this incarnation of Durga?

Rate this topic

I have a picture of an incarnation Durga Maa in my house... but She doesn't have the same iconography as Durga Mata herself. She wears a red sari, and has eight arms and all of that, but there are some major differences.

I'll describe what She looks like:

1. She's sitting on a black, male goat

2. In Her left hands she's holding (starting from bottom to top): a trident, a small knife, a cup, and a bottle

3. Her right hands hold (bottom to top): an Aum symbol, a mace, a sword, and a discus

4. She has on a red sari, and Her skin is the regular color of Gauri Maa.

5. She has a flower sticking out of Her crown.

Does anyone know the name of this incarnation of Durga Mata? If so, do you know any mantras to Her?

Namaste Celina.

Meldi is quiet illusive in terms of information about her mythology and worship. I don't know her mantra, but there's a youtube user called aishreekhodiyaar. Google her up, and you should be able to find some videos she has of people singing bhajans to her. If you speak Gujarati you should be able to pick up on what they're singing.

Namaste Celina.

Meldi is quiet illusive in terms of information about her mythology and worship. I don't know her mantra, but there's a youtube user called aishreekhodiyaar. Google her up, and you should be able to find some videos she has of people singing bhajans to her. If you speak Gujarati you should be able to pick up on what they're singing.

Namaskar. Thanks for the information, I'll be sure to do that... I don't speak Gujarati, but I still like listening to ppl sing the Divine Mother's praises. Om Namah Shivaya! Jai Mata Ji! ;)