"Arindhen evarum ariyaa maraiyai - arindhukondu

serindhen unadhu thiruvadikke - thiruve

veruvip pirindhen nin anbar perumai ennadha karama nenjal - arindhe

vizhum naragukku uravaaya manidharaiye"

"Learned the scripture that is not known to anybody - by knowing it

concluded that your foot is the supreme of all - Oh devi

i am now scared of those who dont respect your devotees - by doing which

they belong to the cruelest hell of all"

Saktham is the best of all the form of worship. This is known and practiced most secretly for the simple reason that it is the most sacred form of worship. Hence, it is not known to the majority of the spiritual world, so not available in vedas too, so abhirami pattar says he learned the veda which was not at all available to others, which is not available in the four vedas on which all the other worship methods are based upon, it must be noted that the term Veda (marai) used by abhirami pattar refers not to the four vedas that we all know, he himself clarifies it by his words 'this veda is not at all known to anybody(arindhen evarum ariya maraiyai). There ends viewing and measuring of Saktha margam with (known) vedic eyes. This is beyond the reach of known vedas.

Abhirami pattar thus continues, "Upon gaining that knowledge which is not known to anybody, I surrendered unto your feet, Oh great goddess, devi, because of dawning of supreme knowledge i found that you are the only truth, only goal, so, now i keep myself away from thos other ignorant people who do not know the greatness of your devotees, because of which they are are liable to end in hell, I am scared of them"

Here, abhirami pattar declares that saktham is the most supreme and whoever follows saktham method need to be worshiped and respected, others, whoever he may be, whatever may be his method of worship will end up in hell if he is not respecting a Saktha devotee. So he further says he is not interested in going to them and explaining about saktha method - better keep off from them - keep distance - get scared of those people who dont respect saktham.

Saktha devotee need not go and explain to others, it shows, it by itself, because it is supreme will make all others respect him, if someone is found not respecting, leave alone insulting, he/she is doing due to his past accumulated sins, uncleasable sins which he mounted in his millions of births in the past, so dont go near them, this is what abhirami pattar suggests to the fellow saktha devotees.

great post vmsunder but what of other verses like that from the mariamman thalattu or any other for varios devtas like shiva or any others that you know of but again great post. i saw a movie on this once think the name was adiparashakti. where he was over a fire pit and the divine showed herself in the heavens. also before the king did not want to take of his shoes when he entered into the temple as advised by the pujarie and as a result he contracted chicken pox then this woman came and started to sing firstly from the Mariamman Thalattu:

Mayi, Maga mayi, mani manthara sekhariye,

Ayi umai aanavale , Aadhi shivan deviyare

then after he was cured he started out after the divine asking her whom was she and she started singing her names for him.

great post JAI KALI Maa.

Dear Pujarie 0

I have read some of your posts, first of all my sincere namaskars to you, you have been worshipping the divine mother since the age of 17 i read somewhere, how blessed you are, choosen by the divine mother of all at such an young age is so great.

I tell you it doesnot come that easily to worship mother, to follow Shaaktham one should have done crores crores of years of penance as stated in abhirami andhaathi - u r one such great soul i believe - thanks

On your question on other gods - as all gods are her form when she align with Gunas - Guna sahitha Lalitha Parameswari, while in her Nirguna form she is alone - All gods in their subtle soul level are just a different form the great mother in a given Guna sambandham (set imposed qualities) those are her own creation. Thats why you can see all god worship, adores and take shelter under her feet. It is natural.

So, one can worship all gods with pure awareness that they are all manifestation of our supreme divine mother only - who has taken such and such form for the very purpose of blessing us with such qualities those deities possess.

Thanks & regards

VmSunder