IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
CCC

Where can i find Srila Prabhupada books covers?

Rate this topic

Several years ago I purchased a set of the 3 original SP Bhagavatam volumes, which I had professionally restored. However, the dustjackets were missing, which isn't surprising. The devotee I purchased my set from also had another set of originals...near-perfect with excellent original dustjackets...which he didn't want to part with at any price.

To obtain dustjackets, I purchased a set of repro Bhagavatams from Krishna.com's online store for $40...they look totally authentic and fit perfectly on the originals, and the repro books are good shelf copies, very nice within themselves.

Several years ago I purchased a set of the 3 original SP Bhagavatam volumes, which I had professionally restored. However, the dustjackets were missing, which isn't surprising. The devotee I purchased my set from also had another set of originals...near-perfect with excellent original dustjackets...which he didn't want to part with at any price.

To obtain dustjackets, I purchased a set of repro Bhagavatams from Krishna.com's online store for $40...they look totally authentic and fit perfectly on the originals, and the repro books are good shelf copies, very nice within themselves.

At times of falsification of the sampradaya acarya's books this is where we are heading at - what comes next - purchasing the dust jackets by internet auction, travelling around the globe to buy original Srimad-Bhagavatams for ceiling price. At least people gradually find out what the self-styled BBT chief does with all those book changes - creating unnecessary uncertainty for thousands of Vaishnavas. Hard to imagine what kind of karmas are waiting for such misuse of power.

I'm presently fighting with decomposing, yellowing paper of the BBT strategy for the past 30 years, print as cheap as possible but selling the books to the temples as expensive as possible. The only book printed nicely was our first Bhagavad-gita - printed on real quality paper without acidity. Papers with a high level of acidity tend to deteriorate quickly.

I'm presently fighting with decomposing, yellowing paper of the BBT strategy for the past 30 years, print as cheap as possible but selling the books to the temples as expensive as possible. The only book printed nicely was our first Bhagavad-gita - printed on real quality paper without acidity. Papers with a high level of acidity tend to deteriorate quickly.

This is one of the things that I don't like, the book business. If the books were cheap and no changed I would be glad for buying them in the temple. At this moment I am printing as cheap as possible, but I will give them for a donation, not for profit and also they are not ugly.

When I was in England I was looking for the Prabhupada DVD set, I went to London temple (Londonisvara) and they were selling the dvd set for $200 dollars!!. Also I said to a devote can I stay here to do some service? because where I live there is no temple, and This devote replied me: The temple is not an hotel, if you like you can stay in a hotel near here and come to do some service.:crying2:, that broke my heart.

well here is one of my homemade covers, tell me if you like it or if I should do some corrections. Hare Krsna!

attachment.php?attachmentid=1532&d=1198184088

post-9107-13827405488_thumb.jpg

At times of falsification of the sampradaya acarya's books this is where we are heading at - what comes next - purchasing the dust jackets by internet auction, travelling around the globe to buy original Srimad-Bhagavatams for ceiling price. At least people gradually find out what the self-styled BBT chief does with all those book changes - creating unnecessary uncertainty for thousands of Vaishnavas. Hard to imagine what kind of karmas are waiting for such misuse of power.

What, exactly, are you trying to say?

Are you referring to the hardbound 1972 Macmillan edition? I have a first edition with dj, and it is in very nice condition.

But, my set of mid-70's to early 80's BBT Bhagavatams is still near-new, with none of the deterioration you describe.

What, exactly, are you trying to say?

Are you referring to the hardbound 1972 Macmillan edition? I have a first edition with dj, and it is in very nice condition.

But, my set of mid-70's to early 80's BBT Bhagavatams is still near-new, with none of the deterioration you describe.

If at your place the books were printed ok, nice for you, here the books were printed badly. The same happened with Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam - all were revised:

This website contains a comparison of the 1975 original edition of Srila Prabhupada's Sri Caitanya-caritamrta and the new BBT revised edition.

http://bookchanges.com/cc/

All changes are highlighted in the following pages. This comparison is based on the original & revised versions as they are presented in the Bhaktivedanta Archives Folio. We have not yet verified if the original and revised Cc's in the folio are exactily the same as the printed books or not. Sri Caitanya-caritamrta Adi-lila

Adi 1: The Spiritual Masters

Adi 2: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Is the Supreme Personality of Godhead

Adi 3: The External Reasons for Lord Caitanya's Appearance

Adi 4: The Confidential Reasons for Lord Caitanya's Appearance

Adi 5: The Glories of Lord Nityananda Balarama

Adi 6: The Glories of Sri Advaita Acarya

Adi 7: Lord Caitanya in Five Features

Adi 8: The Author Receives the Orders of Krsna and Guru

Adi 9: The Tree of Devotional Service

Adi 10: The Trunk, Branches and Subbranches of the Caitanya Tree

Adi 11: The Expansions of Lord Nityananda

Adi 12: The Expansions of Advaita Acarya and Gadadhara Pandita

Adi 13: The Advent of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu

Adi 14: Lord Caitanya's Childhood Pastimes

Adi 15: The Lord's Pauganda-lila

Adi 16: The Pastimes of the Lord in His Childhood and Youth

Adi 17: The Pastimes of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu in His Youth

Sri Caitanya-caritamrta Madhya-lila

Madhya 1: The Later Pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu

Madhya 2: The Ecstatic Manifestations of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu

Madhya 3: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Stay at the House of Advaita Acarya

Madhya 4: Sri Madhavendra Puri's Devotional Service

Madhya 5: The Activities of Saksi-gopala

Madhya 6: The Liberation of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya

Madhya 7: The Lord's Tour of South India

Madhya 8: Talks Between Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Ramananda Raya

Madhya 9: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Travels to the Holy Places

Madhya 10: The Lord's Return to Jagannatha Puri

Madhya 11: The Beda-kirtana Pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu

Madhya 12: The Cleansing of the Gundica Temple

Madhya 13: The Ecstatic Dancing of the Lord at Ratha-yatra

Madhya 14: Performance of the Vrndavana Pastimes

Madhya 15: The Lord Accepts Prasada at the House of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya

Madhya 16: The Lord's Attempt to Go to Vrndavana

Madhya 17: The Lord Travels to Vrndavana

Madhya 18: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Visit to Sri Vrndavana

Madhya 19: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Instructs Srila Rupa Gosvami

Madhya 20: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Instructs Sanatana Gosvami in the Science

Madhya 21: The Opulence and Sweetness of Lord Sri Krsna

Madhya 22: The Process of Devotional Service

Madhya 23: Life's Ultimate Goal--Love of Godhead

Madhya 24: The Sixty-One Explanations of the Atmarama Verse

Madhya 25: How All the Residents of Varanasi Became Vaisnavas

Sri Caitanya-caritamrta Antya-lila

Antya 1: Srila Rupa Gosvami's Second Meeting With the Lord

Antya 2: The Chastisement of Junior Haridasa

Antya 3: The Glories of Srila Haridasa Thakura

Antya 4: Sanatana Gosvami Visits the Lord at Jagannatha Puri

Antya 5: How Pradyumna Misra Received Instructions from Ramananda Raya

Antya 6: The Meeting of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami

Antya 7: The Meeting of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Vallabha Bhatta

Antya 8: Ramacandra Puri Criticizes the Lord

Antya 9: The Deliverance of Gopinatha Pattanayaka

Antya 10: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Accepts Prasada from the Devotees

Antya 11: The Passing of Haridasa Thakura

Antya 12: The Loving Dealings Between Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Jagadananda

Antya 13: Pastimes with Jagadananda Pandita and Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami

Antya 14: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Feelings of Separation from Krsna

Antya 15: The Transcendental Madness of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu

Antya 16: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Tastes Nectar from the Lips of Lord Sri Krsna

Antya 17: The Bodily Transformations of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu

Antya 18: Rescuing the Lord from the Sea

Antya 19: The Inconceivable Behavior of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu

Antya 20: The Siksastaka Prayers

Suchandra,

I'm aware that changes have been made to Srila Prabhupada's original texts, and feel very fortunate to have collected the originals I own.

As far as I can see from having both, the repros of the three original India-printed Bhagavatam volumes are 100% accurate facsimiles. They are also high quality books, and an excellent value for $40 to $50 USD. Every devotee should own a set!