IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Arjuna Haridas

Purification according to Chaitanya...?

Rate this topic

Namaste/Haribol

As a part of my spiritual quest, I'm going to try Gaudiya Vaishnavism (which, ironically, is where I started back in April 2007).

I already know the basics of this great religion, but I'm having problems on the purification rituals. The only purification ritual I know of is Achamana. Does Lord Chaitanya recommend this? Or does He recommend a different type of purification ritual?

Namaste/Haribol

As a part of my spiritual quest, I'm going to try Gaudiya Vaishnavism (which, ironically, is where I started back in April 2007).

I already know the basics of this great religion, but I'm having problems on the purification rituals. The only purification ritual I know of is Achamana. Does Lord Chaitanya recommend this? Or does He recommend a different type of purification ritual?

Chanting the Maha-mantra is most recommeded.

Please try to find a Vaishnava in the Gaudiya sampradaya for hearing this mantra directly from his mouth.

If you have already heard the mantra from devotees in the Gaudiya sampradaya, then you just need to practice this chanting on beads.

At least, find a personal siksha guru in the Gaudiya sampradaya.

On this forum, I would recommend Babhru prabhu as one very nice devotee to take guidance from.

Get personal with a Vaishnava.

Don't try to find all the answers on the forum.

Chanting the Maha-mantra is most recommeded.

Please try to find a Vaishnava in the Gaudiya sampradaya for hearing this mantra directly from his mouth.

If you have already heard the mantra from devotees in the Gaudiya sampradaya, then you just need to practice this chanting on beads.

At least, find a personal siksha guru in the Gaudiya sampradaya.

On this forum, I would recommend Babhru prabhu as one very nice devotee to take guidance from.

Get personal with a Vaishnava.

Don't try to find all the answers on the forum.

In the mean time, you can go here:

Namaste/Haribol

Haribol and Namaste!

Welcome back.

His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada was the most recent historical figure who went all over the world representing Lord Caitanya in His mission to spread both the chanting of the Holy Name, and the Pancaratriki rituals as recommended by Sri Narada Muni and the Goswami's of Vrndavana. Inspired by his Guru, he created a full and detailed system of Bhakti Sadhana based in Pancaratriki rituals in a way that would engage anyone from any social position in any country. Thus he was considered an Acarya.

Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada prescribed these rituals, rules, and regulations on Lord Caitanya's behalf. This was due to his unwavering allegience to the instruction of his Guru, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami. Who was just as chaste to his Guru, going back in succession to Mahaprabhu himself.

So I have been learning the rituals of purification that he recommended for all his disciples, and those who his disciples would instruct, etc.

As I understand it the rituals of purification for beginners are as follows.

1. Ritually chant the maha mantra. On beads, and together with other devotees in Kirtana or congregational chanting.

2. Ritually read the 4 Books written by Srila Prabhupada that he declared would give the entire philosophy and instructions needed to acheive Krsna Prema. Bhagavad Gita As it Is, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Caitanya Caritamrta, and Nectar of Devotion.

3. At whatever point you gain faith after being convinced by the knowledge you gain from Ritually Hearing and Chanting like this, consider applying further standard Rules and Regulative principles in your lifestyle.

4. Ritually meet with other devotees, and make the 6 kinds of loving exchanges with them, throughout the rituals above in #s (1-3).

5. When properly initiated, learn arcana and ritually worship dieties in your home, or if a brahmacari, perhaps in the temple.

That should get you started and keep you happily engaged for a while.

Hare Krsna!