IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

From Whom Should One Take Initiation In The Process Of KRSNA CONCIOUSNESS ???

Rate this topic

The effective result of becoming well adjusted to vedic societal principles dispensed by the acarya is not anything like losing one's individuality in some orwellian borg like communist collective.

Remember, OUR philosophy is that when false ego is absent, real ego can be present.

BG 13. 8-12 from purport

We are speaking about mixed devotees becoming more surrendered to sadhana, and less to subtle I me mine from false ego. Real ego is engaging in activities related to sankirtana according to one's varna and asrama. False ego is when a neophyte thinks that Srila Prabhupada's Daivi Varnasrama vision for Iskcon will lead to the loss of some sense of individuality, and talks himself into rejecting the system that will help him advance.

And where is this 'pure' society full of egoless beings who will exploit no one?

Dream on. :eek3: It sure ain't the Math. It sure ain't ISKCON.

I am sure, ONLY KRISHNA has decided for you, that is why this Question has come to your mind.

And accordingly you will get the answer yourself, ... But only on the moment, when you will expect the least or possible when you will be about to leave the hopes.

Just LEAVE YOUR BRAIN ASIDE AND KEEP PRAYING KRISHNA, ... LET HIM TAKE THE CALL ON THIS Q.

Lokeshav

And where is this 'pure' society full of egoless beings who will exploit no one?

Dream on. :eek3: It sure ain't the Math. It sure ain't ISKCON.

It starts with you. And the beginning middle and end of this pure society is the following exactly of Srila Prabhupada's instructions, keeping up with any chronological changes in his orders, and associating with those who think the same way.

Hare Krsna

It starts with you. And the beginning middle and end of this pure society is the following exactly of Srila Prabhupada's instructions, keeping up with any chronological changes in his orders, and associating with those who think the same way.

Hare Krsna

I knew you would inevitably put the onus on me. No responsibility on the wasp nest societies who proclaim spiritual knowledge. It's my job to fix everything - carry what they lack. Poor innocent things - all they can do is strut in saffron and judge everybody who doesn't have card-carrying membership. Just how stupid do you think people are?

I knew you would inevitably put the onus on me. No responsibility on the wasp nest societies who proclaim spiritual knowledge. It's my job to fix everything - carry what they lack. Poor innocent things - all they can do is strut in saffron and judge everybody who doesn't have card-carrying membership. Just how stupid do you think people are?

That's like judging Christ by his so-called followers or judging Prabhupada by what happened in New Vrndavana. This is the material world, so it doesn't matter how great the guru or teacher. The teachings always become obscured again by darkness and Krsna again must re-establish them. yada yada hi dharmasya glanir bhavati...

That's like judging Christ by his so-called followers or judging Prabhupada by what happened in New Vrndavana. This is the material world, so it doesn't matter how great the guru or teacher. The teachings always become obscured again by darkness and Krsna again must re-establish them. yada yada hi dharmasya glanir bhavati...

What a twisted analogy. Who's Christ in this concocted comparison of yours?

The proper analogy is the Catholic church with all it's status-monging corrupt clergy.

Criticizing that is essential.

Very nice, Prabhu!

Its true that you need a guru but its also true that you will get the guru as you deserve. When your heart and mind is ready to accept the authority of someone, the right person will come.

Abroad we don't have temples where we live much less a guru but when I went to India, my dad's guru had explained to him that parents, especially mothers are the first guur of any child. He also said that the seed of bhakti you sow in you child from his/her young age will fructify with daily nurturing. He suggested read to your children the pastimes of Krishna to bed, pray with them everyday, have the family eat dinner together and have the father offer the food to the Lord. I am writing this because our mind's our full of so much duality that we will always question right/wrong. So make the world your guru formost and learn a lesson from every being. Then you will get a guru that will take that affection and love to put you on the highest level of Krishna conciousness. Hopefully, this isn't much straying but again it is hard to accept total authority of a true guru without being humble.

Jai Shri Krishna

Very nice, Beggar-ji.

Aren't we like children trying to catch the moon when we audaciously (maybe we ought to rename this the "Audacious Fellowship", eh?) believe we can preserve Srila Prabhupada's pure teachings without twisting, perverting, adding our own concoctions, or otherwise perverting them?

And the beginning middle and end of this pure society is the following exactly of Srila Prabhupada's instructions, keeping up with any chronological changes in his orders, and associating with those who think the same way.

We can barely speak and read, and yet we are to somehow keep all of Srila Prabhupada's instructions and their chronological order in mind?

Impossible!!

Why not simply take shelter of one of Srila Prabhupada's sincere siksha or diksha disciples?

Apparently, they are stupid enough to think that they can make any significant progress without surrendering to a higher authority.

They should be smart enough to realize how your statement begs the question of 'higher authority' - you should apply to the GBC - there's no reason why you shouldn't get a guru gig.

They should be smart enough to realize how your statement begs the question of 'higher authority' - you should apply to the GBC - there's no reason why you shouldn't get a guru gig.

so, I guess your program of being your own guru is the answer?

Whoa there Prabhu, please re-read what I wrote.

I said it STARTS with you, meaning your willingness to accept Srila Prabhupada as YOUR acarya and YOU make a commitment to HIS idea of a society.

Then if YOU are up to it, you do YOUR homework to discover what his ideas for society are, and ASSOCIATE WITH OTHERS, those who are likewise interested, thus think like you.

First hint...

Stay away from everyone who says it is impossible to follow the body of instructions of one acarya, and then tries to tell you to accept some other person, who will then proceed to give you another body of instructions to remember.

Hare Krsna