IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Erik

On breaking Ekadasi

Rate this topic

Jaya guys,

how's life..? I hope it serves you well.

Hey, I have a question that cropped up this night while chanting (yes, some unconcentrated rounds here and there).

I am a rigid follower of Ekadasi and I like to know what are the means to break Ekadasi...!!

I broke it this morning with a cup of milk, which I offered on my altar untill it became warm, well, not so long, I mean the offering, but I did let the milk stay on the altar for a while.

Anyway, I like to know if it is possible to break Ekadasi with warm milk (heated up) and added sugar, I mean, sugar is solid foodstuff, but in milk it becomes liquid a bit, right...?

Another one I was wondering about is this one, can you break Ekadasi with blendered bananas and oranges..?

I mean, it is solid, but in the blender (mixer), you mix it with water and sugar so it becomes liquid.

If you would do this, do you cheat then ????:confused: ????

It was solid food beforehand, but it seems like a trick to make it liquid.

Erik.

Breaking an Ekadasi Fast

If you have observed a complete fast (without even water), you do not need to break it with grains. You can break it with caranamrita or fruit.

If you have observed Ekadasi by eating fruit and vegetables etc., then it should be broken the following day by taking grains at the time specified in the Vaisnava Calendar.

Thank you, GHari....

and the others, but what I mean is to break it the next day as you can drink again, the next day Ekadasi should be broken with having only one meal, now.....is blendered bananas and oranges considered a meal or not....:eek4: ?

It might be complicated and maybe my thinking is complicated, but this question has become an issue for me, as I want to follow the rules and regulations the way they are set.

I mean, if I can break it with blendered bananas and oranges, can I have another meal in the evening then...???

Bolo....

ps...Murali.....pizza...???....lol....