IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

You Believe In God?

Rate this topic

Although people surely understand what is smoke and that there must be fire when there's smoke, they seem baffled to understand Prabhupada's point, that when the cosmic manifestation is working in order this concludes that there must be a God.

6y31shz.jpg

Hrdayānanda Goswami, after the lecture repeating to Prabhupada the question of a guest:

He would like to become Krishna conscious, only wants to know if you believe in God?

Prabhupāda: Hm? What is that?

Hṛdayānanda: He wants to know if you believe in God?

Prabhupāda: I don’t believe in God? You believe in God? [break] Why I’ll not believe? If you can believe, I can believe also. It is not believing; it is fact. We are explaining the fact, how the existence of God is there. There is no question of believe or not believe; the fact is fact. Just like if there is fire, you believe or not believe; the fire is there. That I have already explained. The fire is there, and the heat and light is expanded. If there is smoke, you can understand there is fire. This is knowledge. It is not that you have to see the fire, but because there is smoke, you can understand fully that there is fire. Similarly, the whole cosmic manifestation is working in order. That is explained as heat and light. Therefore there is fire or God. There must be. So it is not the question of believe or not believe. Fact is fact.

Bhagavad-gītā 2.17

(with Spanish translator)

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Mexico, February 17, 1975

750217BG.MEX