IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Redsox

Where is heaven?

Rate this topic

:cool: Greetings, redsox.. Heaven is within you. And so is hell. If you think you`re in heaven then you`re in it. If you think you`re in hell, etc...So, it`s all in the mind, right? Look at Krsna`s mind then you can see that heaven or hell is within that part of his brain. He`s Vasudeva, the cause of all causes. He`s everything...In fact, we are all inside Krsna`s brain. He is our gigantic virat-rupa.

:cool: Greetings, redsox.. Heaven is within you. And so is hell. If you think you`re in heaven then you`re in it. If you think you`re in hell, etc...So, it`s all in the mind, right? Look at Krsna`s mind then you can see that heaven or hell is within that part of his brain. He`s Vasudeva, the cause of all causes. He`s everything...In fact, we are all inside Krsna`s brain. He is our gigantic virat-rupa.

Yes, but why talk like goloka is somewhere "out there".

Srila Prabhupada often speaks of language discrepancies. Shraddah may translate as faith, but the words are not equal. Faith is seated in the mind, a subtle element, but a material element. Shraddah is seated in the self and is realized knowledge. One can have a crisis of faith, but there is no crisis of shraddah.

Similarly, our language has no other word that fits to describe something not within our grasp.

"out there" has come to mean this. Goloka is not out there, because everything seen (with one exception, the pole star) is in the material realm. Goloka is not positioned out there, only the Vaikuntha Dhruvaloka (the pole star) is out there, as a gift from Lord Narayana to Dhruva maharaja, the defeater of death.

"Out there" is okay with me, just as the "Lord in the Heart" is okay with me. (What, Lord Nityananda lives in a bloody pump, surrounded by intestines?) The philosophy of Goloka being actually a place of residence for the beings who are not there yet, via any elemental or dimensional ploy, is fully intact in the Unlimited Names of Lord Krsna. The limited mundane languages cannot describe these things, we do the best we can under these circumstances.

Srila Bhaktivinode describes Srimati Vishaka as having the color of a lightening bolt. Its the best we can do, we cannot duplicate that color in any painting of the Gopi of Krsnas eternal play.

For Sri gHari, I know youre out there somewhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSyRFLlYnWI&feature=related

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

the video has commercial meaning, but the lyrics are as follows

"I Know You're Out There Somewhere"

I know you're out there somewhere

Somewhere, somewhere

I know I'll find you somehow

Somehow, somehow

And somehow I'll return again to you

The mist is lifting slowly

I can see the way ahead

And I've left behind the empty streets

That once inspired my life

And the strength of the emotion

Is like thunder in the air

'Cos the promise that we made each other

Haunts me to the end

Somewhere, somewhere

Somewhere you can hear my voice

Somehow, somehow

The secret of your beauty

And the mystery of your soul

I've been searching for in everyone I meet

And the times I've been mistaken

It's impossible to say

And the grass is growing

Underneath our feet

Somewhere, somewhere

Somehow, somehow

From the words that I remember

From my childhood still are true

That there's none so blind

As those who will not see

And to those who lack the courage

And say it's dangerous to try

Well they just don't know

That love eternal will not be denied

Somewhere, somewhere

Somehow, somehow

Yes I know it's going to happen

I can feel you getting near

And soon we'll be returning

To the fountain of our youth

And if you wake up wondering

In the darkness I'll be there

My arms will close around you

And protect you with the truth

Somewhere, somewhere

Somehow, somehow

mahaksadasa: As Johnny lyden says, "this is not a love song". The video is quite mundane, but the lyrics highlighted note the intent of the song. See, art IS in the eyes of the beholder.

Heaven - david byrne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEpUHnvfCzQ

Everyone is trying to get to the bar.

The name of the bar, the bar is called Heaven.

The band in Heaven plays my favorite song.

They play it once again, they play it all night long.

Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.

There is a party, everyone is there.

Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.

Its hard to imagine that nothing at all

could be so exciting, and so much fun.

When this kiss is over it will start again.

It will not be any different, it will be exactly the same.

It's hard to imagine that nothing at all

could be so exciting, could be so much fun.

Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens

Why is there a need for external rituals when the truth is inside us?
In the Bhagavatam it is mentioned that a river, flowing from a hill eventually mixes into the ocean. When we worship demigods it is a similar situation, our worship ultimately flows toward Sri Krishna. But, the hill from which the river emerges from never reaches the ocean, only the water from the river meets the ocean. Likewise, when worshiping the demigods, our offering eventually arrives at Sri Krishna, but we the worshiper do not. Hence it is effective to worship directly the Supreme Personality Sri Bhagavan.

For example, when they are worshiping Mother Durga, what is the mantra?

‘Give me wealth, give me beauty, give me children, give me fame’. This is the only kind of prayer for all of the devas. They cannot liberate from material bondage.

for practice, red sox. Its all about practice. If the ritual helps with rememberance of Krsna (visnu smaranam), keep it. If not, reject it at once, Give up all varieties of such useless things.

Yes I know it's going to happen

I can feel you getting near

And soon we'll be returning

To the fountain of our youth

And if you wake up wondering

In the darkness I'll be there

My arms will close around you

And protect you with the truth

Yes mahaksa it is in how we hear it. Keep the inner vaisnava translator on

and the above verse from the MB's could be Mother Yasoda worrying about Krsna being late to return for dinner as darkness starts to set in.

On a clear night, look up to the sky. Is it on the deneb system? vega? Regulus? Acquarius? This galaxy? maybe andromeda? Maybe a galaxy we don' know about? The dark matter? Where is it? :burn:

It is there, if you can see far enough, if there are enough stars. Then you can see HUMILITY. Then you can see that you will never understand Krsna with your mind, that you can never know God.

And if that devastates you, sends you falling into the bottomless abyss of sorrow, then, then He will have compassion on you and you will find the Kingdom of God, so great that the stars will fall away, the earth will disappear, and you will never be the same again. Ever.

So look to the stars, for a man's reach should exceed his grasp. We are tiny but He will make you feel essential. We are coarse but He will make you feel glorious. So very much greater than all the worlds combined is your dearest friend, Sri Krsna. There is heaven; there is the Kingdom. There is home.

It is there, if you can see far enough, if there are enough stars. Then you can see HUMILITY. Then you can see that you will never understand Krsna with your mind, that you can never know God.

And if that devastates you, sends you falling into the bottomless abyss of sorrow, then, then He will have compassion on you and you will find the Kingdom of God, so great that the stars will fall away, the earth will disappear, and you will never be the same again. Ever.

So look to the stars, for a man's reach should exceed his grasp. We are tiny but He will make you feel essential. We are coarse but He will make you feel glorious. So very much greater than all the worlds combined is your dearest friend, Sri Krsna. There is heaven; there is the Kingdom. There is home.

" So very much greater than all the worlds combined is your dearest friend, Sri Krsna. There is heaven; there is the Kingdom. There is home."

I may not be able to tell where heaven is, but this world is certainly a purgatory having some hellish characteristics.

Why do I say this? Because there are so many things here that "help" you forget "your dearest friend".

If only we can remember Him. Yes .. great answer from gHari .. being His friend, being with Him .. Heaven! Om. Amen.

:cool: Like to play with words? One is uno in spanish. And in english his name is John. In spanish it`s Juan. Two is dos, a computer lingo. Three sounds like a tree to me. Four is quadro which is a square. Five is give me life. Six is sex. Seven is HEAVEN! What is Krsna`s favorite number? It isn`t HEAVEN or seven but it`s 8. Okay, let`s EAT! Hahaha!

Oft-repeated, but always worthy of re-repeating:

20. And, when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the Kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21. Neither shall they say "Lo here! or Lo there! For, behold, the Kingdom of God is within you

Jesus Christ, Bible, KJV. St. Luke, Chapter 17, Verses 20 & 21

Srila Sridhar Maharaja states clearly that Vrindavana is a state of consciousness. I posted a quote here a while back to that effect, but I'm too lazy to find it now.

To quote Belinda Carlisle, "Heaven is a place on Earth." Of course, heaven is also much, much more.

:cool: Have you guys watched that movie, " Oh, God you Devil!" starred by George Burns? It was a very funny movie. Imagine you playing God and at the same time, you playing the devil! The Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. If you could be that guy then you must be in heaven.Or hell. Try it sometimes.