IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Murali_Mohan_das

Video - Govardhana Puja with Srila Gurudev

Rate this topic

After a reading from Srimad Bhagavatam by Sripad Bhakti Sudhir Goswami Maharaja, Srila Gurudeva, Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaja leads the Sri Govardhana Puja festivities in Soquel, California, USA, on Saturday, November 10, 2007.

This video is from the new "SevaCam" web-cam installed in the temple room to allow Gurudev to view proceedings from his quarters. At times, the audio level is a bit low, and, during kirtan (chanting), the audio is distorted.

When editing is completed, it is expected that Vaidehi Devi Dasi will be posting a professional-quality video of the same events.

Jai Gurudev!

Embedded:

<embed style="width: 400px; height: 326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7650915254973585331&hl=en" flashvars="">

Link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7650915254973585331&hl=en

Srila Gurudev, Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaja and assembled sannyasis address the gathered devotees at the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Seva Ashram in Soquel, California, USA, honoring the Disappearance of Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja Prabhupada on the 30th Anniversary of His Divine Grace's entry into samadhi.

November 14, 2007

This raw video/audio was taken from the new "SevaCam" web-cam. Higher quality video/audio will be available following editing.

Embedded:

<embed style="width: 400px; height: 326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-8614469737888345397&hl=en" flashvars="">

Link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8614469737888345397&hl=en

At 0:12:49, Srila Gurudev acknowledges that, without Srila Prabhupada having come, the Western world could not understand Krishna Consciousness.

Around 0:15:00, Gurudev relates how Srila Prabhupada encouraged Srila Sridhar Maharaj to engage in preaching by providing a facility for him in his own home in Kolkatta (Calcutta).

0:21:50 - Gurudev says that everywhere in the world he's visited, he's seen the glories of Srila Prabhupada, though Srila Prabupada himself had a very simple mentality. Then Srila Gurudev recounts the opening festivities of the ISKCON Chandradoya Mandir Temple.

0:24:40 - Gurudev describes how Srila Prabhupada called the GBC out of a meeting to see Srila Sridhar Maharaja and how the GBC members looked to Govinda Maharaja like Brahmas (got a nice chuckle from the devotees present at the Seva Ashram).

0:26:30 - Govinda Maharaja asks Srila Prabhupada about the arrangements for the Deity installation. Srila Prabhupada replies that, "Sridhar Maharaja has entered it, my Temple is open." No special functions necessary.

0:33:40 - Nobody stays forever. Krishna did not stay.

The audio from the web-cam is not great. There's a lot of noise from a ceiling fan nearby. I *did* also get a high-quality CD-recording of Srila Gurudeva's address and most of the other sannyasi's addresses, which I hope to post soon.

Jai Sri Sri Guru-Gauranga Gandharvika Giridhari!!

Jai Srila Gurudev!!

0:38:00 - Srila Gurudeva praises Srila Prabhupada so sweetly here.

"The whole world is respecting his mission."

"What was his job--he has done it. And now, that job, still spreading all over the world. And we have taken part of that. We are all respecting that Srila Prabhupada's mission and bow down to His Divine Grace, and always praying for his mercy upon us."

0:39:50 - Gurudev recounts a visit to Chandradoya Mandir. He saw "Pishima" (Srila Prabhupada's sister, right?) making a giant pakora for Srila Prabhupada's breakfast.

0:41:16 - More praise and honor.

"He was so merciful to us, and his blessings over all, and also blessings to me--everyone knows, and if someone does not know, that does not matter--the fact is, by his mercy, I have arrived. He gave so much mercy, no doubt, otherwise, which way I have gone around the world?"

0:42:17 - Srila Gurudev recounts how Srila Sridhar Maharaja "gave" him to Srila Prabhupada for instruction and how Srila Prabhupada took Gurudev with him on preaching programs. He put Govinda Maharaja on the Vyasasana (since Gurudev was in saffron as a brahmachari), even though Gurudev knew very little Sanskrit at the time. He had Gurudev read the Sanskrit, and Srila Prabhupada would explain.

0:47:40 - Sripad Bhakti Sudhir Goswami Maharaja begins his remarks in glorification of Srila Prabhupada by highlighting his quality of self-sacrifice.

Unfortunately, there are some breaks in the video/audio here (due to the flakiness of the wireless connection (the WAP was placed so that Gurudev would have good reception in his quarters, but the reception in the temple room is not ideal)).

0:50:12 - "By sacrifice, the Infinite comes under the control of the finite. He sacrificed himself to the order of Saraswati Thakur."

Interesting. I thought these were three separate threads. May I respectfully request an explanation for why they were consolidated? The comments with time annotations refer to specific clips. Putting them all in one thread will confuse the issue. Is video inappropriate for this site (despite the YouTube music videos)?

I see what you're doing now...it *is* more concise the way you've changed things.

Interesting. I thought these were three separate threads. May I respectfully request an explanation for why they were consolidated? The comments with time annotations refer to specific clips. Putting them all in one thread will confuse the issue. Is video inappropriate for this site (despite the YouTube music videos)?

Sorry, i tought it would be good to keep the videos together, only becaus the it would bring the earlier ones up to the top again where more people would see them. As it was they were already pushed back to page 2 or 3. I have separated the last one Sunday Feast Discourse with Goswami Maharaja as you requested.

No apologies, necessary. Let me offer my own apologies for questioning your very good motives!!

All of the world Vaishnavas ki jai!!!

Sorry, i tought it would be good to keep the videos together, only becaus the it would bring the earlier ones up to the top again where more people would see them. As it was they were already pushed back to page 2 or 3. I have separated the last one Sunday Feast Discourse with Goswami Maharaja as you requested.

High-quality audio of Srila Gurudeva's address on the Disappearance Day of Srila Prabhupada can be found here:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/1c696b87-97b7-40ac-b7c1-e11d901e4194/Disappearance-Day-of-Srila-Swami-Maharaja-Prabhupada--2007---Part-1---Srila-Govinda-Maharaja

Hear the offerings of Srila Govinda Maharaja's sannyasi associates here:

http://www.esnips.com/web/MightyMait-Audio

I enjoyed the video.

Classic Goswami Maharaja katha.

I would love to have available more regular such video sanga with Goswami Maharaja.

I was disappointed when his website went off the web.

I always read all his article published on the website by Hasyapriya prabhu.