IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Yadu Dynasty - Demigods Came Down from Different Planets

Rate this topic

Looks like that this material world is so much polluting that even the members of Krishna's family became bewildered and were turned into demons.

"So this Yadu dynasty, Krishna thought that, “In My absence they are powerful… Because they came to assist Me…” “To assist Me” means… He had two missions: paritrāṇāya sādhūnāṁ vināśāya ca duṣkṛtām [Bg. 4.8]. They have killed so many demons. Everywhere they came out victorious because Krishna was there. Now, in the absence of Krishna, they would be puffed up. Therefore they would be turned again into demons: “Oh, I belong to Krishna’s family.” Just like in our country, Nityānanda-vamśa: “I belong to the Nityānanda Prabhu,” exploiting people. The Muhammadans also: “I belong to the family of Muhammad, Hazrat Muhammad.” Christ has no family; he did not marry. Otherwise some would have been very much puffed up, “I am family of Christ.” So this material nature is such thing that as soon as you get little power, you become puffed up. That is demonic nature. That is demonic nature. So Krishna wanted to take them with Him, because they came to help Krishna, and after His departure, these demigods would turn into demons. That He did not like to see.

6q9j1q1.jpg

Therefore this Yadu dynasty was placed amongst themselves. Because there was no other person to kill the Yadu…, and any one of the Yadu dynasty. Therefore this fratricidal war was manufactured and they died. Yayāharad bhuvo bhāraṁ tāṁ tanuṁ vijahāv ajaḥ, kaṇṭakaṁ kaṇṭakena. Kaṇṭakaṁ kaṇṭakena. Just like if you have got some thorn pricked in your leg, you take another thorn and get it out. This is the law of nature. One demon is killed by another demon. That is the keeping balance. There is war. We have experience. One demonic nation has grown up very strong, so immediately another demonic nation declares war, or he declares war—both of them are finished. This is going on."

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 1.15.34

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Los Angeles, December 12, 1973

Looks like that this material world is so much polluting that even the members of Krishna's family became bewildered and were turned into demons.

"So this Yadu dynasty, Krishna thought that, “In My absence they are powerful… Because they came to assist Me…” “To assist Me” means… He had two missions: paritrāṇāya sādhūnāṁ vināśāya ca duṣkṛtām [Bg. 4.8]. They have killed so many demons. Everywhere they came out victorious because Krishna was there. Now, in the absence of Krishna, they would be puffed up. Therefore they would be turned again into demons: “Oh, I belong to Krishna’s family.” Just like in our country, Nityānanda-vamśa: “I belong to the Nityānanda Prabhu,” exploiting people. The Muhammadans also: “I belong to the family of Muhammad, Hazrat Muhammad.” Christ has no family; he did not marry. Otherwise some would have been very much puffed up, “I am family of Christ.” So this material nature is such thing that as soon as you get little power, you become puffed up. That is demonic nature. That is demonic nature. So Krishna wanted to take them with Him, because they came to help Krishna, and after His departure, these demigods would turn into demons. That He did not like to see.

6q9j1q1.jpg

Therefore this Yadu dynasty was placed amongst themselves. Because there was no other person to kill the Yadu…, and any one of the Yadu dynasty. Therefore this fratricidal war was manufactured and they died. Yayāharad bhuvo bhāraṁ tāṁ tanuṁ vijahāv ajaḥ, kaṇṭakaṁ kaṇṭakena. Kaṇṭakaṁ kaṇṭakena. Just like if you have got some thorn pricked in your leg, you take another thorn and get it out. This is the law of nature. One demon is killed by another demon. That is the keeping balance. There is war. We have experience. One demonic nation has grown up very strong, so immediately another demonic nation declares war, or he declares war—both of them are finished. This is going on."

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 1.15.34

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

Los Angeles, December 12, 1973

Those temporary falldowns are considered to be arranged by Krsna himself to suit his purposes, the same way the real reason Maharaja Pariksit became thirsty, and Sringi lost his cool, etc. etc. was so that Sukadeva Goswami would recite the Bhagavatam.

I once saw good evidence that 4 of the Pandava brothers were Indras from other universes. Demigods are considered eternal associates of the Lord. Even their actual mixed devotional status is considered a small speck on the moon of their transcendental dedication to Krsna.

The field of devotion is a broad one.

yes, this is the intended moral of the story. a lesson for us not to take our advancement for granted, always be humble. always depend on Krsna's mercy.

whether they actually became bewildered on account of falling for maya or because they were made to do so by Krsna's arrangement is a different story, and not a very relevant one (perhaps even an unanswerable one).

yes, this is the intended moral of the story. a lesson for us not to take our advancement for granted, always be humble. always depend on Krsna's mercy.

whether they actually became bewildered on account of falling for maya or because they were made to do so by Krsna's arrangement is a different story, and not a very relevant one (perhaps even an unanswerable one).

Two things exist simultaneously.

The story which is a multifaceted journey in itself, filled with characters who when meditated upon create portals into unique service moods that are opened to flood the devotee with nectar.

and

The various effects the story has, as intended by the Supreme arrangement.

That these discussions may evince a regular morality in a person who hears its purport is a large portion of the intended effect, and is what maintains a temporary ephemeral society just long enough for the other purposes of the Masters of the Lila, Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga.

That other devotional mellows may be derived from examining these stories with that exact intent is also true.

Of course a devotee advanced enough to know the difference would never downplay or obscure the moral codes on the Vaisnava path, but on the contrary would keep the confidential subject matters from the ears of those who might misunderstand and misapply those conclusions.

Thanks for the conversation.

Hari Bol!